1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blog Comment - is not an effective link building strategy.

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by sharlinsara, Jun 10, 2012.

1. godoveryou

godoveryou Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I very rarely use blog commenting any more except in rare, exceptional situations.

godoveryou, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  2. tskailey

tskailey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting positively works to attract targeted traffic, but you have to KEEP IN MIND that you are using these techniques to show your EXPERTISE and VALUE. The objectives of comment marketing, is to build awareness, it means people recognize you when you're commenting, they recognize what organization you're with. This is how Rand Fishkin of SEOMOZ explains Why Comment on Blogs?

Why Comment on Blogs?

• Branding / Awareness - commenting on blogs will almost certainly get you at least a brief once-over from the writer, and consistent contributions are a proven way to build relationships with bloggers. That participation can also yield awareness and branding to the blog's audience, at least those who are consistent comment readers and interactors. Depending on the blog/sector and your goals, this can be a very positive marketing move._
    • Direct traffic - comments with links, especially those that are well-written and entice readers to click a link (rather than just being a random/irrelevant/spammy link drop) will send visits. If the post itself continues to earn traffic, this can even be an ongoing source of referrals to your site/page.
    • SEO / Search Rankings - some blogs use "dofollow" links in the comments that are approved and may send search ranking value. However, it's generally my opinion that many of these links aren't treated as... let's say "impactfully" as normal links in the search engines' ranking systems. However, leaving a link that is so useful and valuable that the blog author edits his/her post to include it (something I've done many times here on SEOmoz and helped to make happen through my own comments) is definitely SEO accretive.
    • Second-Order Marketing Impact - many of the effects you might feel from commenting aren't directly impactful, but instead come later on as a result of the post. e.g. the reporter who follows up on a comment for detail to include in a story, the link to your content that comes from another blog discussing your comment, etc

source : seomoz.org/blog/recommendations-blog-commenting-marketing-strategy

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
    tskailey, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  3. ElbertP

ElbertP Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya its right. am agree with you. Blog commenting is time consuming task. It takes much time to approve.

ElbertP, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  4. Sophia Myles

Sophia Myles Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have to say that I feel the same way here. Though it seems that blog commenting is a good thing - both for gaining back links from different domains and for building your company's brand awareness - it's just too hard to have the work proceeding all the time! No matter how wonderful I'm writing the commenting content, a link for detailed explanation will suddenly makes it look like SPAM. Even in places where I do not include any link, it's usually 50% possibility that I can see my comment after moderation. So it's just too hard!

Sophia Myles, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  5. Abbey14

Abbey14 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, thats true. However, some posted blog comments gives a backlink.

Abbey14, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  6. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blog comment is to share views and ideas with the owner of the blog on a particular topic. It's like a discussion in which the exchange of ideas takes place. Benefits are commenting blog visitors indirectly, increased traffic, building back links, improve ranking websites.

war_machine, Jun 24, 2012 IP