1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help with uploading images for a contest. Please-

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by giacomo107, Jun 16, 2012.

So I was going to start a logo contest and I am frustrated and lost. I went to upload the images for people to use on the contest and I cannot because the files are too large. So I compressed them and they are still too large. I have a logo already made and I am wanting to make it easier for people to make what I want and need by giving them half of what needs done already so they dont have to start from scratch. I have (3) files a eps file, psd and png file. the eps file is 12.8 mb, the png is 676 kb and the psd is 5mb and I tried uploading each one by themselves and then also trying to compress and upload then with winzip individually and all in one file but it is still too large winzip compressed it from 12.8mb to 1.2 mb and it is still too large. As digital point forums state a .eps files has to be less than 48 kb, png-58 kb and psd 19.5 kb and with winzip a total of less than 97.7 kb. Is there another way I can do this? or what am I doing wrong because I really want to hold a contest and also make what I need done easier for people but it is becoming too time consuming and not worth even trying this as sitting here for 4 hours googling and researching how to upload a few files to this site and it is not working. Thank you in advance.

Solved! View solution.
    giacomo107, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  2. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Upload the files to some other site and just link to them so people can download them.

browntwn, Jun 16, 2012 IP
    Sadly, image sharing services wont share .psd files. I would try to zip them into one folder, and upload them.

The only filehosting site i know thats free (and that doesnt make downloaders fill out surveys ) is filedump.org, and if your a member at least you can delete it later.

Good luck with your comp, and its good to see your doing your best to help those who will participate.

matt_62, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  4. giacomo107

giacomo107 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much that worked!

giacomo107, Jun 17, 2012 IP
  5. Cucumba123

Cucumba123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use Mediafire, they're good.

Cucumba123, Jun 18, 2012 IP
  6. richardm55

richardm55 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Who uses image formats psd or eps for website content? For websites the most popular formats are jpg, gif and png

richardm55, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  7. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You are assuming it is for a website. Many people here hire for projects that are not necessarily web related.

browntwn, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  8. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think the end use is for a website and would be either jpg or png, but the op wanted to make it easier for the people to make the jpg / png by supplying the original psd -> there is nothing wrong with that.

matt_62, Jul 5, 2012 IP