1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

35000 pages will put my PR up or down?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ericeric, Nov 19, 2006.

I want to upload up to 20K-35K pages to the website,
    which is PR3, 4 years old and has about 500-1K pages as of today...
    Website was last updated 8 month ago...

My friend said IF I DO SO my website might be baned from googl-e or yaho-o or ms-n search engines for uploading too much content at the same time.

Does any one know if there are such restrictions?
    Will it heart my website or not?

ericeric, Nov 19, 2006 IP
    seo-mumbai likes this.
  2. seo-mumbai

seo-mumbai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i dont think they will bann u but they may not index all of them u used any carp tool to generate all those pages?

seo-mumbai, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  3. SLM-why

SLM-why Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you really made that many pages yourself without the use of any seo automatic page generator? If yes, go and upload them........ That will not hurt your website.....

SLM-why, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  4. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They won't hurt your PR, but may be put in the sandbox. this happened to me with some sites and it took google and Yahoo almost 2 months to index them, altough I knew the bots where checking the pages.

If you can, upload them slowly, just some each day, and you they will be indexed faster.

Winagain, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  5. fonebiz

fonebiz Peon

Best Answers:
    if its good programming which has an actual use and not for SE purposes then upload it

fonebiz, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  6. ScottFish

ScottFish Peon

Best Answers:
    make a sitemap to help get them indexed and get a few links to those inner pages.

ScottFish, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  7. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    If all the pages have unique content then go ahead ....... google wont penalise you for genuine things..... They will penalise you when you try to cheat google with something wrong. So see urself .... did u do something wrong ????

aditya_sfs, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  8. ericeric

ericeric Guest

Best Answers:
    the thing is i have database with 50000 items...
    when i use cgi which builds pages on the fly, i still have the same amount of pages, but those pages look like

page.php?id=1&category=2&keyword=word

so i wrote a script which builds those pages without parameters after "?"

so all pages look like
    page1.php.
    page2.php,
    page1001.php

but i get instant pages not database driven website.

so i don't use anybody software but pull data from a database (product name, short description, price, image...)

so this is not adsense or ypn site...

considering this i don't think G, Y or M can understand how content was build, manually, using software or somehow else...

that's why i am still confused with those search engines behavior if go in the way i want: use static pages for better SEO, page ranking...

ericeric, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  9. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to say something here...
    If you don't have inaf backlinks, those 35,000 backlinks won't really count at all... well yes, 35,000 it's lot of content and will put you in SERPS on top for many many keywords... but not help you into a very big way with pagerank.
    forums.digitalpoint got how many pages? 100 000 posts + categories pages (they are 20 posts/every page from a category so 100 000 /20 ) + members pages + itrades pages, but is not even a PR9...
    And this is not all , the fact is that google will index more pages from your website if you got a better PR. If you put 100,000 pages on PR1 and 100,000 pages on a PR5 then goolge will eat much more pages from the PR5, because is much more valuable... do you it how google work ! ;) 35,000 pages won't help you just with content, and being ranked high for a lot of keywords, but... if you want to rank for a particular keyword that is on your index.php ; i only sugest you backlinks
    do yo get it now?

redhits, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  10. OptimumTools.com

OptimumTools.com Guest

Best Answers:
    It will help in increasing your site value in terms of Ranking. Go for internal backlinks with your desired Keyphrase.. linking to your site.

OptimumTools.com, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  11. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Hi Eric...
    now without knowing exactly what the contents in your description field look like - I am going to go out on and say that:

1) Its probably better to push out a few hundred pages a day than 35K in a short period of time.

2) If you are playing by the rules and have content rich pages, the good news is that there will be a point where many of your pages will be indexed; the bad news is that if there is insufficient or poor content on your pages most of your pages will get demoted to the supplemental index if not dropped completely.

LaCabra, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  12. SEOBangkok-Puripong2

SEOBangkok-Puripong2 Guest

Best Answers:
    No, you won't get banned for sure, but all of your pages have to be unique in Title and Meta description, contents also.

SEOBangkok-Puripong2, Nov 19, 2006 IP