1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting more TARGETED Twitter followers - suggestions?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by logoninjas, Jun 13, 2012.

Hi all,

I want to build my following on Twitter to try to promote my business amongst social networks.

Does anyone have suggestions to accomplish this without spamming people and getting banned? I've been working on my account for a while now and want to ramp up my efforts.

I'm also extremely aware that I don't just want any followers. Having thousands of followers is useless unless they're targeted to my graphic design niche. I'm also not looking for thousands of followers overnight like gigs on fiverr promise, and I'm not opposed to putting in some serious elbow grease - I really want to make this work!

Thanks in advance for the helpful info,

Amy. ;)

p.s. For those of you interested, come see me on Twitter! @logoninjas

logoninjas, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  2. Imposter

Imposter Peon

Best Answers:
    1) Write good content that would be interesting for other people
    2) Follow few folks who might follow you back
    3) Promote your Twitter account on your blog, in your forum signature etc.

Or you can buy an account that already has these followers and then rename it.

Imposter, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  3. Global Bend

Global Bend Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest taking a look at twiends.com as you can target the followers you want by country as well as up to 5 keywords.

Global Bend, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  4. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the best way is just keep on going, let it build up naturally. Write a blog and create youtube tutorials and make sure both are linked to your Twitter account and tweeted automatically every time you add a blog post or YT video etc. People like tutorials a lot, especially video tutorials, which the graphic design niche is perfect for.

Astroman, Jun 15, 2012 IP
    imdenisejones likes this.
  5. imdenisejones

imdenisejones Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been focusing my efforts on Twitter this past week and have been able to get followers but only been able to engage with a handful of people. Like logoninjas said, it's pointless to just have thousands of followers if they're not interested in your niche. What Astroman says is good advice in that you have to just keep going. Best thing to do is create a plan of what you want to say to people and just keep tweeting. When someone retweets what you say, make sure to thank them and try to promote them. Give and take is the key here. Good luck with your journey.

imdenisejones, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  6. Bauss

Bauss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Follow people that are following lots of others people, then they usually follow back. I think there is some twitter software you can download that automatically removes followers that aren't following you back too.

Bauss, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  7. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To me this is totally bogus. You should not follow/subscribe to people on Twitter or Youtube et cetera because of what you can get back from it in terms of subscribers to you. You should subscribe to people or channels that you are interested in, regardless of whether or not they subscribe back, as they will inspire you and help give you ideas on how to progress further with your own projects. If you can't see this you are totally missing the point, you will get nowhere.

Astroman, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  8. mp3mild

mp3mild Peon

Best Answers:
    how to increase follower on my twitter guys?

mp3mild, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  9. cetak777

cetak777 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Go to follower seller, and get special offer.

cetak777, Jul 6, 2012 IP