1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website effected by Penguin updates ...Please advise

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by seo-naive, May 18, 2012.

Friends I was doing SEO for two law firm websites.....Both of them were ranking on top 10 for almost 10-12 keywords...

But since the recent Penguin updates, one of the website is now ranking in 500+ for most of the keywords....Surprisingly the other website is still there in the top 10 results for around 15 keywords..

I performed the same set of activities for all....Bookmarking, directory, forum posting, article and PR

Can somebody tell me what went wrong and also how I can do the damage control now.......

Should I changed the whole meta for the site or should work with the same....

The website is very good in terms of no. of pages and content....there are around 400-500 pages with good unique content in the website.

I am on '0' now in terms of SEO for this site....

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated...

seo-naive, May 18, 2012 IP
  2. sisatel

sisatel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Clean up on-page spam you know you’ve done
    Clean up bad links you know you’re been involved with, as best you can
    Wait for news of a future Penguin Update and see if you recover after it happens
    If it doesn’t, try further cleaning or consider starting over with a fresh site
    If you really believe you were a false positive, file a report as explained here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEVxdmdRWFJRTjRoLWZVTHZkaTBQbkE6MQ&ndplr=1

sisatel, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  3. seo-naive

seo-naive Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for reply.

I have not done any on page spam. The content is genuine and quite good.

Regarding back links, yes there can be a issue with that as earlier I had not checked the directories class.

Do you have any idea how to remove the existing backlinks? I would like to know how can I get my links removed from the directories which have low PR. [Mine website has PR 3]

At this moment I have create new URL pages with fresh content and starting from scratch again.

I have already reported the problem to Google for this but have not received any response from them.

seo-naive, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  4. iPhoneappsexpert

iPhoneappsexpert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes in your Google Webmasters tool you can remove links from other sites pointing to your site.

Go to webmaster tool : Click on website you want to analyze : Under dashboard section click on configuration : Then click on Site Links : Demote this site link URL (Put your url here)

This will take some time. You can demote 100 URLs at a time !

Hope this will work :)

iPhoneappsexpert, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  5. manju_chandra

manju_chandra Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Webmasters apparatus you can abolish links from added sites pointing to your site.

manju_chandra, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  6. seo-naive

seo-naive Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know about Google webmasters method but is it not for demoting my own site links?

I mean if I am getting a link from a site 'B' I want to remove that link...

Can I demote site link www.B.com/mywebsite.html [Assuming that www.b.com/mywebsite.html is the backlink I am receiving.]

Please advise..

seo-naive, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  7. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Remove any bad links you have posted; ask the site owners where your link is if they would kindly remove it.

Google Webmasters tool is the single easiest way for your sites to drop in huge ranking.

Why would you give Google the information of a site you're doing SEO for when they dislike unnatural SEO?

Traditione, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  8. iPhoneappsexpert

Best Answers:
    Have you checked your optimization , might be you have done over optimization of your website. Try to use different anchor texts for submission purpose. Those 10-12 keywords for which your site was ranking can be one of the reason as you might have used them beyond limit.

iPhoneappsexpert, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  9. seo-naive

seo-naive Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for reply.

Both the sites had same amount of work done....So over optimization cannot be the case....I was using different anchor text for keywords....I never prefer more than three keywords in a single page.

Can it be due to the doing many directory submissions that I did earlier....Some of these directories I found out later were duplicate C class directories and were from same IP..

But the thing is I did it for other website as well...and it is firmly placed in top 10 for 15 keywords even after the Penguin updates...

Also, is it possible for me to remove the back links for such directory websites ??

seo-naive, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  10. iPhoneappsexpert

Best Answers:
    Oukay, well there is no such concrete method from removing back links from these directories. The only way is to contact the webmasters for removing the link. But this might take long and their is no guarantee that after how much time will they remove the link.

iPhoneappsexpert, Jun 15, 2012 IP