1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

3 Things You NEED To Profit This Month

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by GradeAMoney, Jun 13, 2012.

Some of you are going to directly relate to this, and some of you will think people like myself are nuts.

I spent 4 very strange years trying to make a little chunk o' change on the interwebs. No matter what the method was, I always came up short.

Finally in January 2012 I went from never making a penny online, to banking $1,000+ in under 30 days.

It took me a little while to figure out what changed. Here's what I figured out.

1. Information Overload & The Unorganized Mind
    I was cursed from the get go. I was born into a large family of SLOBS. When I say slobs, I don't mean lazy couch potatoes with a fear of showers and toothpaste. I mean unorganized suckers that always worked HARDER and not smarter. I'd love to tell you that I BROKE OUT OF THE MOLD and ROSE ABOVE all that... But alas, that wouldn't be true. Through the magical process of osmosis, I became the same way, and I treated internet marketing the same way.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I had a never ending stream of products, courses and trainings that filled up my hard drive and clouded my head, never allowing me to feel organized or think clearly.

On top of that, my "bedroom" (actually a garage) was always a complete disaster, and there were unpaid bills littering my desk. I learned the hard way that
    Cluttered Surroundings = Cluttered Mind.

You simply CANNOT work smart while your mind is filled with useless crap. I'd love to say I've completely changed, and that my living quarters are spic and span- but that wouldn't be true. Instead of fixing that problem, I decided to take a new route. Now instead of sitting in the dark dungeon of despair (my home), I'll head out to a coffee shop or bar with my laptop.

Please, If you aren't ready to do anything else, do this: Keep your surrounding clean, or go somewhere that is clean. Seriously, this was one of the biggest things preventing me from earning that mysterious internet cash.

2. Focus, Or Lack Thereof
    I would tear through course after course, implement, become disappointed and eventually abandon them in search for a new method. I lost a LOT of time (I'm talking countless hours a day) and never had a penny to show for it. During that time I bounced around terrible jobs: waiting tables, working minimum wage factory jobs and painting with the old man, amongst others.

I've never had a job I liked, and that's probably the biggest reason I kept at the whole internet thing. Something about working for an hourly rate with some slug of a man telling me I wasn't doing my job right, REALLY motivated me.

Even with all that motivation, I still lacked focus. I was looking for FAST CASH, and all I found was a giant money pit I willingly threw paycheck after paycheck down.

Don't look for instant gratification. Find ONE method that works, then implement it until it's making you consistent money.

[​IMG]
    Aim small, miss small

It's simple in theory, but I don't have to tell most of you just how hard it can be to stick to something. An easier way to do this is to try and stay away from the WSO section, and filter all the promo emails you get. Don't surround yourself with shiny objects; flee from temptation! I didn't buy WSOs until I started browsing the WSO section. When I did that I was buying multiple products a week (sometimes a day) and guess what happened to them?

Nothing.

They're sitting on my hard drive somewhere. Live an learn. Again: PICK ONE METHOD AND STICK TO IT. If you can do that, you'll start making money QUICKLY- sometimes within days.

Discipline & Belief
    If you don't believe in what you're doing, it will never work. I used to be all into all that self help junk, but now I just use common sense, and this is common sense. In order to see a plan through, you must believe it will work. If you don't believe in it, don't bother starting it.

[​IMG]

If you've never made money online, then you won't believe this, but take my word for it- it's true. Once you start making money online, it's easy to stop doing what was working in search for something different. Sounds crazy I know, but the human mind is a terrible thing....

Once you start seeing some nice numbers hit your bank account like clockwork, you start getting a little too comfortable. Then the money withers away and you have to punch yourself until someone makes you stop.

When your single method starts to rake in the cash, up your ante and keep going harder and harder. Set new goals every month and bust your ass to reach them.

These three little tips are simple, and are truly common sense. I just wish I had given them more credence 4 years ago. If I had, I'd be sitting on a pile of money so high I wouldn't be able to reach my keyboard.

Don't just skim over this and say it's the same re-hashed crap you see everyday. Really let these truths sink in, and make them a reality. If you do this, you can VERY EASILY make money your first month. Heck, I went from zero to 4 figures in less than 30 days after implementing these three steps, and I'm a high school drop out! Image what you could do...

Carpe Diem (seize the day)
    -Ryan Leonard

GradeAMoney, Jun 13, 2012 IP
    jdjenkins likes this.
  2. jdjenkins

jdjenkins Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Ryan - your entire post is horribly close to my own situation. I notice your advice to avoid the WSOs, but your sig does actually link to one! Looks very interesting - but should I take your advice and not buy it? :confused:

best wishes,

Jon.

DragonWeb Publishing Ltd

jdjenkins, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  3. GradeAMoney

GradeAMoney Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha! I know it's a sad world. Promoting what I condemn! Buying WSOs isn't bad. It's continually buying them without putting them to use!
    Should you buy it? Not if you currently have a method that can, or is making you money. If you don't have a reliable method, then yes, you should give it a whirl.

4. ecastella

ecastella Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good post. I have those same situations myself.

ecastella, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  5. jimbo159

jimbo159 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post & advice. I also highly believe in thinking positive.

Believing what I'm doing is going to fine me success and attracting positive energy to my work environment.

jimbo159, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  6. GradeAMoney

GradeAMoney Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys, I'm glad you could relate. I know I spent WAY TOO MUCH time doing useless things that didn't make me any money.

7. higherluv

higherluv Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know - there’s a lot of distractions. But It’s sometimes hard to decipher what’s good and what’s not if you’re a beginner. Of course if doesn’t work in a reasonable amount of time, say 60-90 days, then it’s time to can the method and move on to the next.

There’s an investment of time involved at the beginning to learn the right things. Anyways, are you related with Sean Patrick Leonard? That was a good movie!

higherluv, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  8. GradeAMoney

GradeAMoney Peon

Best Answers:
    EXACTLY! Haha, no, of no relations with him. Which movie are you referring to?

9. rae081

rae081 Member

Best Answers:
    good advice!.. thx

rae081, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  10. GradeAMoney

GradeAMoney Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I appreciate it

GradeAMoney, Jun 14, 2012 IP
    WinmanRoss likes this.
  11. dahlgren

dahlgren Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the most important things to do when you are on to a winning formula is to scale the efforts tenfold.
    I remember when I started making money with youtube, I created hundreds of videos because I knew that
    the videos I created where bringing me traffic to the offers I promoted.

1. Find a winning formula
    2. Scale until you reach $100-$200 or whatever goal you have in mind!

dahlgren, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  12. bhanu16

bhanu16 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not bad, can take chance

bhanu16, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  13. EverythingMarketing

EverythingMarketing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Awesome Post!! I too used to be a serial WSO buyer...I probably have over 200 WSO's sitting in my PC that I have purchased over the past couple years...After losing my job i looked anywhere and everywhere(ethically) to make money. Family started to worry why I was in my room all the time...little did they know that I was getting a degree in online marketing...even though I had nothing to show for it...but yea...my desk was cluttered with unpaid bills and was just a mess. This is something that I have been working on fixing...I find it helps for me to do an intense form of exercise before sitting down and working on internet marketing.

EverythingMarketing, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  14. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Blah, blah, when it comes down to it the only purpose you made this post is to try to sell your dumb little $7 ebook.

When looking at the dumb little ebook its no different than the other 5 million other scams and ebooks that have pictures of fathers pushing their children on a swing and promises of being free from financial stress.

Its all Bullcrap, buddy.

It didn't work for amway and it doesn't work for you.

Laceygirl, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  15. EverythingMarketing

EverythingMarketing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Laceygirl....I can tell you are an optimist...

EverythingMarketing, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  16. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, this is a business forum, not a group therapy forum.

Laceygirl, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  17. GradeAMoney

GradeAMoney Peon

Best Answers:
    "Blah, blah, when it comes down to it the only purpose you made this post is to try to sell your dumb little $7 ebook."

Thank you OH MIGHTY ONE for interpreting my actions and making an (inaccurate) assumption of the product I created. Your opinion is worthless due to the fact that you have absolutely NO IDEA what is inside my product because you haven't purchased it. If you had, you would have held your tongue. Also, in regards to my product, all you have to do is look at the NUMEROUS reviews posted under it! What are you going to say next, that I paid for those reviews so I could sell a $7 product lol?

Also, you have no idea what my intentions were when I created this post. Was I hoping it would bring more traffic to my product? YES.
    Was I also hoping other could relate, and that this post would help them regardless of whether or not they purchase my product? YES
    Did I not tell people that they DON'T NEED TO BUY ANYMORE WSOs AS LONG AS THEY HAD A WINNING FORMULA? YES, AGAIN, I DID.

I believe that you are better off giving free, quality content in hopes of aqcuiring sales, instead of spamming forums. When did that become unethical? I have nothing to hide. My real name is attached to my product and I will happily tell all those that ask that I hope to drive traffic to my offer through my signature link. I'm not a fly by night scam artist. I'm in IM for the long haul and am attempting to do it the right, ethical way.

So you and your negativity need to go somewhere else. And to everyone else that has said nice things about this post, THANK YOU and I'm glad it has helped you.

Wishing you all much success & Godspeed,
    -Ryan
    This is exactly right, it's ALL about how much effort you are willing to put in, and how dedicated you are. Making money is a by-product of producing value, that simple.

Haha, sounds like we share some similarity lol. My family still thinks I spend too much time in front of my laptop (I do). I used to work out, and that really helped me as well, but I've become lazy, at least physically.

Glad you liked the post!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
    GradeAMoney, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  18. Pamsol

Pamsol Peon

Best Answers:
    I like your post.It's all so true.

And it took me a while to realize it but I'm working now on things one at a time and seeing results.

Focus and consistency is key to success online. If you can make $1 you can definitely make $100, $1000 and much more.

To all dp members, goodluck.

I will surely be happy to leave a great testimonial one day saying how I made my first 10k online :D

Coming soon.............

Pamsol, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  19. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your welcome. I know its an ebook you sell. That's good enough for me to know. Also I know that over 1,000 people made some beautiful happy-go-lucky-article talking about how they increased the quality of their life, and they also were selling ebooks.
    You are just one in a million.
    If it was so successful than you wouldn't be trying to make $7 a pop on selling the ebook, dumbass.
    Its a very known marketing method you just pulled. Its been around since the 60's. You pretend you are not trying to sell something, get people happy about you, then BAM, you try to sell it. This time through your siggy.
    Above where you said YESYESYES practically means that your post is nothing more than shameless promotion.
    If you believe in your stupid ebook then you wouldn't be trying to sell it for $7. Therefore you prove that your ebook didn't even work for you.
    Ryan, a new fish like you will have to get used to me because I'm not going nowhere. I've been here for 6yrs and before that another place for 3yrs, and before that another place for 6yrs. Recently I have been checkmated by google's penguin update which has taken my 10yrs worth of effort and dumped off my revenue so that big rich corporations could make another 10billion. I am pissed off. I hate scammers, fake pr domains, shameless promotion, deception, manipulation, thieves, dirty business owners, and much more.
    I have just as many friends here as enemies. The rip off artists hate me the most and the tons of people I have helped like me.

Laceygirl, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  20. GradeAMoney

GradeAMoney Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I don't like your negative opinions, accusations, and assumptions :)

But you're more than welcome to continue to post comments under this thread, it's only bumping this post :)

Lacey, you forgot to look at all the reviews I've received on the Warrior Forum (or you decided not to mention anything about them). There are NO BAD reviews, and many of the reviews are coming from well founded members who don't take their reputation lightly.

And you're right, I priced it at $7 because it's total garbage and the picture of the check on the sales page was actually just a really good photoshop, not because it was my first WSO and I wanted to gain some credibility. Also, all the thousands of others like me are all lying about their success with kindle, it's really a scam and no one is profiting from it, good eye!

BTW: To all those reading this, I don't care whether or not you click my signature link, or buy my product. I just hope you get some value from this post, and you don't let one person's anger, ignorance and negativity get you down. Personally, I'd rather build people up then tear them down (even you Lacey). After all, an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...

Take Care everyone, and continue to succeed!
    -Ryan

GradeAMoney, Jun 19, 2012 IP