1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What means "Managed Hosting"?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by andrej, Jun 14, 2012.

I wonder what kind of web hosting is managed hosting? What does "managed" mean? - what can you manage?

I've also heard about managed Wordpress hosting and I wonder what is that?

For example: what is the difference between Hostgator's or Bluehost's cheapest shared hosting plan and page.ly managed WP hosting?

andrej, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  2. amcg

amcg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Managed is normally used for Virtual and Dedicated Servers.
    Non Managed are servers sold as just a blank hard drive with no software so you have to install your own hosting software to set up sites and update it yourself with new software updates etc.
    Or Managed is when the hosting company sort out the software e.g CPanel and do all the updates on your server ready for you to use.

For Shared Hosting it will be Managed - this is normally the best option unless your knowledge of servers and it's soft ware is good.

Also, managed Wordpress sounds like they will just update your Wordpress Software on your hosting when a new update comes out instead of you having to update it yourself manually.

amcg, Jun 14, 2012 IP
    andrej likes this.
  3. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    OK, thank you very much for your clear explanation - now I know how it is. :)

andrej, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  4. SolidShellSecurity

SolidShellSecurity Banned

Best Answers:
    Our definition of managed on shared is why will assist you with your website. Other providers may have it defined as another meaning.

SolidShellSecurity, Jun 14, 2012 IP