1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is anyone successfully making money with ecommerce?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Pointfrenzy, Jun 7, 2012.

Is anyone successfully making money with ecommerce?
    I want to create a ecommerce site, but I want to know is anyone successfully making money using ecommerce and adwords together?
    My plan is to use Cpc from ads words and get conversations.

Also I want to use paypal and google cart. What platforms does meganto use? I want a small basic a site with 5-10 products.

Pointfrenzy, Jun 7, 2012 IP
  2. spids

spids Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am making money with ecommerce and adword's but my niche is very specific and keywords are targeted.

It all depends on different factors and you won't know until you try it out, it's the best way to learn :)

Best luck mate

spids, Jun 7, 2012 IP
  3. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    If you are starting with a site with less than 25 products you need to build a blog around it for marketing. When you combine a blog with a product you increase your conversions. I dislike seeing stores with adwords unless they are amazon stores. Like Spids advised -- using a very specific well researched niche along with targeted keywords is the best way to start. Be sure to have a marketing plan before you even build your store. The last thing you want is to have a completely built store but no one to sale to. Best of luck!

sweetcrabhoney18, Jun 7, 2012 IP
  4. saurav925

saurav925 Peon

Best Answers:
    a investor needed for my business who can invest 15000$ .... it is a very nice business gonna earn alot from it!!!!!!!my business is online....msg me

saurav925, Jun 8, 2012 IP
  5. Akhidesigns

Akhidesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    You can potentially earn a lot of money if you create a ecommerce website, but it does depend on the niche you go into. I have seen a lot of ecommerce websites that have failed due to lack of commitment and lack of attention to detail and for those reasons they have failed. I advise you to put 110% into making your ecommerce website and use SEO, CPC and Social networking sites to gain traffic and also make sure your products are quality, your ecommerce site is designed well and that you put customer service above everything.

Akhidesigns, Jun 9, 2012 IP
  6. timu123

timu123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Making money via e commerce is quite easy and worth it if done in a right way

timu123, Jun 11, 2012 IP
  7. lifesytes

lifesytes Peon

Best Answers:
    We use adwords and it has increased our sales by approx 500%. I would highly recommend adwords to any ecommerce business especially if it's in a competitive industry.

lifesytes, Jun 11, 2012 IP
  8. Katastrophic

Katastrophic Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes! On Wix.com and using Ecwid :) It's great if you have a website instead of just a marketplace.

Katastrophic, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  9. spids

spids Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip mate.

spids, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  10. andrewclives

andrewclives Peon

Best Answers:
    Today there are many people who make money successfully with e commerce or some other medium.There are many business which runs successfully at online and also all transactions done at online.

andrewclives, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  11. Lawren Wright

Lawren Wright Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't start one unless you have a proven way of getting sales. Just building a site is not enough.

Lawren Wright, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  12. clauseamsel

clauseamsel Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Ecommerce are made for the sale and it is nice question but i have shared my opinion with you. Thanks.

clauseamsel, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  13. curlyt00

curlyt00 Peon

Best Answers:
    you need traffic to the site. so make sure you use targeted keywords to get noticed by the search engine to send you traffic

curlyt00, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  14. SoHo

SoHo Peon

Best Answers:
    It can be very profitable if you choose the right niche, along with targeted marketing, sending out newsletters. (bonus coupons always help!)

SoHo, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  15. 3Ddude

3Ddude Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I make good money with e-commerce. However, I have seen failures as mentioned above.

First, you need to find out if YOU are holding the inventory or are you drop shipping. Then you need to whip out the calculator and do some quick math to see if you will actually
    make a profit on each transaction.

If yes, then start thinking about your e-commerce platform and dont forget to do the math on your hosting charges and other hidden fees.

I could go on and on but you need to commit at least 30-40% of your time to marketing the site. This is where most people fail because they get caught up. I've seen really ugly sites to great because of good marketing.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
    3Ddude, Jun 24, 2012 IP
  16. Genxscripts

Genxscripts Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    not just e-commerce, but you also might need to have a niche to target

Genxscripts, Jun 24, 2012 IP
  17. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am making mine. Its all about what kind of advanced shopping cart script that you used for your site. So beware of select highly advanced ecommerce software.

joelchrist, Jun 27, 2012 IP
  18. AlexBaltag

AlexBaltag Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if you think you have a good ideea, and you believe in it, it will work. just create the site, get some visitors and then try to find some investors if you can handle the costs

AlexBaltag, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  19. Alien44

Alien44 Member

Best Answers:
    It's all about the SEO - getting lots of traffic to your site.

Alien44, Jul 2, 2012 IP
  20. phptechie

phptechie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the products that the e-commerce site sells & the marketing / promotion strategies that the website owner does .
    So if you have a good domain & well organized site & if the marketing / promotion activities are handled properly , you will surely be able to make more money.

I would suggest using Wordpress with WP E-Commerce plugin to set-up your site , as its easy to set-up & maintain , it also supports Paypal / Authorize.net & other payment processing plugins.

phptechie, Jul 13, 2012 IP