1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to write a review effectively?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Johny Inside, Jun 7, 2012.

What are the main points to focus on when writing review on Online Money Making sites/programs e.g CPA sites?
    How should be its title, just its name or other keywords too? and tell me a little about structuring its body...
    I'd really appreciate it.. thanks

Johny Inside, Jun 7, 2012 IP
  2. inomcoke

inomcoke Member

Best Answers:
    There are a number of different things I can do when writing a review of a product. Regarding the title, 90% of the time I will just do "Product Name Review" since that's what most of my customers will want. That will traditionally be the keyword they are targeting, and it is a good and accurate title.

For writing the actual review I normally point out two or three positive things about the product. I try to have at least one of these things be a little 'outside the box', meaning it is not an obvious benefit of the product. This will help the reader start thinking that there are additional benefits that they may not have thought of.

To make it believable I will almost always point out some sort of flaw. I will find a flaw with something that is not critical to the product. If, for example, I'm reviewing the digitalpoint forums. I might say that I'm not a big fan of the shade of green they use because my eyes have trouble with the contrast. This is technically a negative aspect, but since it is so personal to me it won't discourage other users from buying (or in this example, visiting).

I wrap it up with one more positive note and then a closing paragraph which will either encourage the user to click on the affiliate link or take whatever other action I want them to take.

I hope this helps!

Michael

inomcoke, Jun 7, 2012 IP
    WeCreateCash likes this.
  3. TiffanyDow

TiffanyDow Member

Best Answers:
    When I review products in the MMO niche, I like to do a soup to nuts approach.

I start with a review of the sales copy - because that's where your customer will begin. I am honest about what I hate and love.

I move onto the ordering process (I buy and review).

I then go over each element of the course - and not only do I review it as to whether or not it's well created and thorough and helpful (meaning new info), but I also implement it and share my results with my readers - without giving away the info the course provided.

After implementing everything, I do a final summary of the product - whether or not I recommend it, and if there was any info missing, I try to add that supplement at that time.

Tiff ;)

TiffanyDow, Jun 7, 2012 IP
  4. ashleyjohn2347

ashleyjohn2347 Peon

Best Answers:
    You have quoted a very good review here also. Good practice. Thanks keep posting things like this.

ashleyjohn2347, Jun 8, 2012 IP
  5. imgeek2727

imgeek2727 Peon

Best Answers:
    Start by introducing the product, saying what it does etc... Then go on about your personal experience with it. Then deliver the verdict before giving a bit on info about who this product is for.

imgeek2727, Jun 8, 2012 IP
  6. curtisrk34

curtisrk34 Peon

Best Answers:
    For just 3 bucks you can outsource review writing at iwriter.com

curtisrk34, Jun 8, 2012 IP
  7. SEO Pro

SEO Pro Peon

Best Answers:
    I almost always put the name of the product in my title. We all know how fickle internet users can be and you might lose some visitors if they don't immediately recognize the name of the product they are looking for. The body of the review should be almost entirely positive but don't go overboard with fluff. If your review gushes too much, it might be obvious to some potential buyers that the review isn't legitimate. As someone mentioned above, you should include at least one small negative aspect to make your review sound as honest as possible. Make sure whatever negative you pick isn't something that might be a deal-breaker for potential buyers.

SEO Pro, Jun 8, 2012 IP
  8. imgeek2727

imgeek2727 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I forgot to mention that. Or even go on Fiverr or something. iWriter or another article writing site might be good too. The bad thing is that you might not find anyone who has bought that product.

imgeek2727, Jun 8, 2012 IP
  9. chicagobuy

chicagobuy Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with writing flaws and cons for the review I am writing. So the reader do not assume that you are one of the promoters of the the product.

These days readers/consumers have become very cautious so it is better to mention few flaws before going to the positive points of the product.
    Good luck!

chicagobuy, Jun 9, 2012 IP
  10. bluesun13

bluesun13 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are 7 elements that go into a great product review:

· Image/Video
    · Product Description
    · Buyer Description
    · Proof
    · Negatives
    · Call-to-Action
    · Keyword Phrase

1. Product Image/Video
    Always include an image and/or video of the product or service that you are reviewing. This helps your visitor visually connect your review with the product or need that they are researching, and draws them into your content. You can take a photo of the product yourself, use an image from the merchant’s website, take a screenshot of
    the website, or use a picture of you using the product. Depending on the product, you might also include before & after pictures.

2. Product Description
    Describe the product in detail: size, number of pages, features, ordering process, delivery/package details, benefits, expected results, your specific results. People are wary of scams, and of the actual value of a product. They want to know exactly what they’ll get if they order this product today. Include your personal thoughts and personal experience about the product or the decision to order the product. This helps your reader relate throughout the review, as they are now in the position that you were when you purchased that same product.

3. Buyer Description
    Who is this product for? Who is this product NOT for? No one product is a fit for everyone (that’s why we have an entire wall of toothpaste to choose from at the store!) so don’t frame it that way. Be sure to describe the ideal buyer in a way that your reader can easily decide if this is the right product for them - or not. The point of your product review is to make sure the right people buy the right product.

4. Proof

There are two types of proof to include in your product review:

· Proof that you actually reviewed the product.
    · Proof that the product works.

People are skeptical of product reviews and believe that product review sites are biased, and that reviews are based on payment or compensation. Your job is to prove that you have the product yourself and have provided an unbiased review. Proof can be achieved by using photos or video, by describing the product in more detail than can be found on the merchant’s website, mentioning unadvertised bonuses and by addressing the negatives. People are also skeptical of results, so you should include proof on how the product works if possible. This can include images, video or details about your personal results with the product.

5. Negatives

Pointing out any negatives with the product itself, or with the ordering process, will make your review objective - and will dramatically increase the ‘believability’ of your product review. If you don’t mention an obvious negative, it will increase skepticism. Don’t be afraid to tell you readers the negatives! They are probably already thinking it, so this is your opportunity to address those thoughts and help them make an informed decision about making the purchase.When addressing the negatives, immediately follow that up with the solution - or with the reason why the negative didn’t deter YOU from making the purchase.

6. Call-to-Action

Don’t forget this important element! Your call-to-action tells your reader exactly what they should do next, and it needs to be very specific directions with a smooth transition. For example:

· Ready? Click here for ordering instructions.
    · Get Free Shipping by ordering through Amazon.com
    · Click here to download XYZ.
    · Click here to read more consumer reviews on Amazon.
    · Get the best deal on ABC by ordering online at XYZ website.

Take a look at the landing page you’ll be sending visitors to from your product review and frame your call-to-action in a way that encourages them to click through - and lets them know exactly what to expect when they do.

7. Keyword Phrase

As always, every piece of content that you create on the internet should be optimized for a specific keyword phrase - and reviews are no different. You may be optimizing your review for the actual product, or you may frame your review around a specific problem or need. Choose your keyword phrase so that you attract the ideal reader.

Hope this helps.

bluesun13, Jun 11, 2012 IP
  11. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the authors who intend to write money making ebooks are actually trying to make money themselves by selling that ebook :p

traxport121, Jun 11, 2012 IP