1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phpBB vs. Wordpress Forum plugin

Discussion in 'phpBB' started by vandy, Jan 24, 2010.

I am going to start a new forum and want to start with something that's free and easy to install. The choice seems to be between phpBB and Wordpress Forum plugin. Which one do you suggest and why?

(By the way, the Wordpress Forum plugin I came across was Simple:press. Are there others/better ones too?)

Also just came across SMF? Thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
    vandy, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  2. pintonbd2

pintonbd2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i always choose pbpbb as a forum software. this is because i can make my forum fully automated. so that i don't have to think about forum content. i can give time in forum promotions. if u are interested let me know. contact with me. i can help you.

pintonbd2, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  3. flashchat

flashchat Guest

Best Answers:
    The wordpress is usually used for blog, i think so. So i will choose the phpBB.

flashchat, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  4. aping

aping Peon

Best Answers:
    I think phpBB better than WP unless WP easier to customize. phpBB has mods that can be used for your needed. If you want to get another free forum engine, also try MyBB. It's free, fast loading, and easy to use. I'm using MyBB for my RES Forum on www.KuraBrazil.info.

aping, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  5. animish16

animish16 Member

Best Answers:
    vBulletin is also a good option..

animish16, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  6. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't use forum plugins. You need a dedicated script. I wouldn't use PhpBB. Try MyBB or go for a paid option (VB or xenforo)

dojodesign, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  7. DreamsMaker

DreamsMaker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try 'Tal.ki Embeddable Forums'. It is simple to install and configure as it automatically detects your WordPress theme and styles itself accordingly.
    Facebook & Twitter Integration.
    Embed Media & Videos.
    Search Engine Optimized URLS.

DreamsMaker, Jun 25, 2012 IP
  8. Lewis Sharon

Lewis Sharon Member

Best Answers:
    @DreamsMaker, did you tried the free version, I like how it sounds, but unless you know "a pirate version which I can download from somewhere" or a free version that I can use for my website.
    Or if you have something simillar in mind, I would like to hear about it. :)

Lewis Sharon, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  9. MoolaMails

MoolaMails Peon

Best Answers:
    I would go with a dedicated forum script. I have several forums but have done the free thing. I have some with webs.com, lefora, myfastforums,weebly and more. I have not yet done the paid hosting thing since my main business online is with "Moola Mails" and all my forums are for hobby. Good luck with your forum. Take care and happy posting.

MoolaMails, Jul 13, 2012 IP