1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you Like Matt Cutts?? And Seriously what reviews you have for Him.

Discussion in 'Google' started by dudeseo, Jun 9, 2012.

Hello Friend, Since the time seo took in action it was good but Sudden growth also lead to show some people like Rand Fishkin (CEO of SEOMOZ), Arron Wall (SEO Book), Matt Cutts (Head Of Web Spam Team in Google), Bruce Clay (BruceClay Inc), Will Reynolds (CEO of SEER Interactive). What are your reviews on there position in search engine world? Do they really deserve that place? Who deserves and who does not??

Lets see what reviews do member of digitalpoint have for them?

If this thread is for other section, please i am sorry. Thanks.

dudeseo, Jun 9, 2012 IP
  2. spids

spids Active Member

Best Answers:
    Matt Cutts is a briallant man and great marketer. A lot of people dont like him because their spammy sites lost rankings but it really was inevitable.

If he didnt have strict algo updates the results would be shity spamm sites with million pop ups.

spids, Jun 9, 2012 IP
  3. vnairp11

vnairp11 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just watched videos by this guy and he is brilliant, he provides real information and doesn't hide anything. I would rather get solid information on how to build up a legit site than create spammy sites or spammy ways to go about it.

vnairp11, Jun 9, 2012 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  4. katty.will

katty.will Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been following Matt Cutts through his Blog & Twitter handle since 2007 and have got lot of Knowledge "Gyaan" from him and personally thing he is the alone person who can stop the spammers.

katty.will, Jun 9, 2012 IP
  5. spids

spids Active Member

Best Answers:
    Gonna start following him myself.

spids, Jun 9, 2012 IP
  6. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Matt Cutts - sometimes a bit vague, but generally a good source of knowledge about how Google works/ranks.

Rand Fishkin - he doesn't care about being popular, but instead speaks it as he believes it to be. He's usually (maybe always?), very good at analysing data. Him and the other SEOmoz girls and guys have done very well.

Aaron Wall - I often feel his views are to win the popular vote rather than go for accuracy, so I stopped reading.

You didn't mention Danny Sullivan (Search Engine Land). His writing is great, clearly very good at marketing and has plenty of great advice. I loved his recent rant (SMX). Totally hit the nail on the head.

Generally, I find if Matt Cutts is vague and I want to research further, Rand and Danny are very good sources for further information.

ryan_uk, Jun 9, 2012 IP
  7. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I also like the work of Jill Whalen of highrankings.com

Jim4767, Jun 9, 2012 IP
  8. dudeseo

dudeseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well friend its your misconception. He is just the speaker for google, Amit Singhal is actually behind the web spam. The recent penguin update was actually initiated by him. Just he keeps himself out of media and matt cutts takes full advantage of that.
    Thank you.

dudeseo, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  9. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've met Matt briefly a few times in the past and always enjoyed talking to him. He's very intelligent (as you would expect), and in some ways reminds me of myself (not that I'm intelligent).

Seems like he would be a great person to work on a random tech project with...

As far as some of the other people mentioned... I've also met Rand and Danny before and both are a pleasure to talk to.

digitalpoint, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  10. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Amit hasn't been doing that lately (staying out of the media) and the work Matt has done on webspam isn't a misconception (it's well-known and documented for many years). He's more than just a speaker for Google.

ryan_uk, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  11. the Player

the Player Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From his face, do you think he is the actual person behind webspam team ?? he is the speaker only and he should be in Disney :p

Yea, Lot people think like this but he is in actual a nice person, doing lot efforts to reduce webspam and he did about 70%.

the Player, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  12. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Disney? He looks like a friendly geek. I'm sure the kids would love it. :D

ryan_uk, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  13. imfusa

imfusa Active Member

Best Answers:
    From the above mentioned names, i only heard of Matt Cutts. In my opinion is must be a very good marketer and a very good programmer, he deserves his place on the google team of Head of Web Spam Team.

imfusa, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  14. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is good that Google allows Matt to provide some "fireside chat" style talk to people. Google and SEO can be very confusing, and its good they have something like this. I like Matt's public personality but don't know him beyond that. That said, I don't love everything about google, but this is one part I like.

dvduval, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  15. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Matt has still a lot of work to do as the google rankings even after the penguin update is neither 100 percent correct nor devoid of spammy sites. Many of the good websites have lost the ranking with spammy sites overtaking their better cousins...

dairyman, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  16. Allthebest

Allthebest Peon

Best Answers:
    I like to see his all video most of the time he provide very vital information.

Allthebest, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  17. cujo

cujo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dunno. Seems like a decent person. However, the recent 'updates' obviously need improvement. Several spammy sites are way above my non-spammy site.

And it might also explain the recent demand for 'Search Engine Evaluators' aka 'Google Raters'. I recently applied and got hired pretty quickly. Hardly any work though in Canada. However, it has given me more insight into how they are thinking.

cujo, Jun 11, 2012 IP
  18. dudeseo

dudeseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so many followers of matt cutts?? Cmon friends does any supports bruce clay for his time being??

dudeseo, Jun 12, 2012 IP