1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2,000 Uniques Daily - Would I be Ignorant to Place Adsense on a Wallpaper Image Site?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by BeautifulDomainNames, Jun 10, 2012.

I developed a fan wallpaper site for a teen boyband and it's getting fairly heavy traffic now of about 2,000 daily unique visitors a day.

Just started thinking about monetizing it. In the past I would hve simply placed some Adsense codes on it and watched as it generated about $100 - $150 or so a month.

But I don't want to risk my Adsense account.

What's the best way for me to monetize my website?

Thanks so much,
    Dar

BeautifulDomainNames, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  2. bluesun13

bluesun13 Peon

Best Answers:
    You could sell ad space or put some CPA offer and don't forget to make a list so you can monetize even more.

bluesun13, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  3. William21

William21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sell ad space and links

William21, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  4. BeautifulDomainNames

BeautifulDomainNames Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the best way for me to sell ad space and links?

Best wishes,
    Dar

5. MarkHeron

MarkHeron Peon

Best Answers:
    What's wrong with Adsense?

MarkHeron, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yea what is wrong with adsense on a site like this? Is it a content related issue, images aren't classified as enough content on the page?

dcristo, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  7. BeautifulDomainNames

Best Answers:

I'm not informed enough to answer that. My question arises from the many posts I have read that suggest it's not appropriate to use Adsense when an image gallery is a fan site. Obviously, most gallery fan sites do not tend to include original images. Most of the wallpapers I have created are from a montage of band images and they are seemingly spread through a stratosphere of the web at this point. However, I have actually been Friended by the band's official Facebook page (that's really when the unique daily impressions started to occur) and my comments section is incredible right now.

But, I have little experience with wallpaper sites nor image galleries, this is only the second one I have ever created, I did however put some time into this one.

I guess my answer would be, there is nothing wrong with Adsense, as long as you guys tell me it's alright and that I'm not likely to get banned for lack of original content?

Thanks

Best wishes,
    Dar

8. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    why don't you get in touch with adsense support? some of their policies can be a bit vague to say the least, you might as well know for sure.

dcristo, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  9. BeautifulDomainNames

Best Answers:
    An excellent idea but I wonder if it's not open to ambiguity, I'm not certain how likely their response is to be 100% accurate. Is this just paranoia?

If it is I can just include my Adsense code and forget about it. $100 a month for one site is more than enough for little me.

10. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you can increase your website's traffic more, you can always use buysellads.com ... Only if you have a targeted niche.

traxport121, Jun 11, 2012 IP
  11. omgcats

omgcats Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think AdSense cares about original content unless a copyright holder complains to them. There are plenty of legitimate uses for non-original content (licensed photos, PLR articles, etc.) and it's not AdSense's place to say you can't run ads because your content is not unique. Google might not rank you well but that's separate from AdSense.

omgcats, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  12. BeautifulDomainNames

Best Answers:
    My site has risen from 250 >> 500 >> 1,000 >> 2,000 Daily uniques over the past month. How much more traffic would I need to obtain an account?

Virtually all my traffic is search engine or Google based. 62% Google, 6% Bing, 5% Yahoo, 4% Facebook and email.

Others might be direct type-ins, I'm not too sure.

Thanks

BeautifulDomainNames, Jun 12, 2012 IP