1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what's your religion ? and why you believe it ?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by abdelatif025, Aug 26, 2011.

1. sumonht1990

sumonht1990 Peon

Best Answers:
    My religion is Islam. I believe in Islam. Reasons? Well, the first reason is that I have born in a Muslim family and growth in such an environment which has involved me to love my Lord, Allah. I have learnt why we have been sent to earth and what is our main duty in the earth. I feel myself proud when I think that I have been sent as a representative of Allah to ensure peace and security in the earth. I love my Allah because He has given my heart from His own heart and built my body in His own hand. Our whole family is dedicated to preach Islam which I think to be the only way to give us peace.

sumonht1990, May 8, 2012 IP
  2. warloky

warloky Peon

Best Answers:
    Religion is not the same as belief in God. But religion can be one's way of expressing such belief. Religion is not the same thing as being spiritual although someone who doesn't belong to any religion at all may really be spiritual in his ways like he doesn't steal other people's money or doesn't destroy other people's lives, etc. You don't have to be educated about God or his attributes for you to know that it is basically wrong to try to cause harm to others.

warloky, May 8, 2012 IP
  3. warloky

warloky Peon

Best Answers:
    When you read the story about Jesus of Nazareth being asked by Pontius Pilate (who then was the Roman Emperor's top-heavy man in the Middle East then) if he knew about the truth, and if he did, what was the truth? Jesus didn't answer, right? Nowadays, it's like saying the truth resides in the mind and heart of every man. So that it could be said perhaps that each one of us has the duty to proclaim the truth in our own way but in a manner that has a universal meaning for every human being on this earth regardless of the constraints of organized religion..

warloky, May 9, 2012 IP
  4. laceybeautiful

laceybeautiful Peon

Best Answers:
    I am Muslim.
    I believe in my religion due to its future prediction.
    1) Predication about Pakistan
    2) Predication about Wars
    3) Predication Jews

And Many more.

I love to read this.

laceybeautiful, May 16, 2012 IP
  5. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1) The Koran never mentions Pakistan - not even once in passing.

2) The Koran never mentions any of the current wars.

3) The Koran didn't predict the Jews, it was written a few thousand years after there were Jews. (All religions have a 100% postdictrive score.)

But 0 for 3 isn't bad. Most religions have a very high negative score when it comes to predictions, so a zero score is pretty good. No reason to accept it as being "predictive" though.

Rukbat, May 18, 2012 IP
  6. warloky

warloky Peon

Best Answers:
    It also doesn't mention any country like the US, UK, Canada, Japan etc. The flipside is similar. The Christian bible doesn't specify any country at all although scholars like to envision some specific countries and are mostly wrong about their predictions.

warloky, May 27, 2012 IP
  7. seocentralservices

seocentralservices Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm roman catholic and i believe that god is always there, and for those who believes in him should not be perish but have an everlasting life.

seocentralservices, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  8. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The question is why you believe. We know that you believe that you'll live forever, but why do you have that belief?

Rukbat, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  9. Smith15

Smith15 Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm a Muslim and I follow Islam. Why I'm a muslim is primarily because I was born to a muslim family. However I have a very open mind and I have always asked people to convince me otherwise or of any other religion. But no other religion convinces me, and none other religion is loop-hole proof like Islam. Islam is the best way of living. And FYI- Islam is not what Fox news or CNN or BBC shows you. Islam is based on the Holy book of Quran. If you want to know real Islam, Read the Noble Quran. Not what CNN and the media heads of this world tell you.

Smith15, Jun 9, 2012 IP
  10. abdelatif025

abdelatif025 Member

Best Answers:
    Hello members again !
    I hope you are well .

abdelatif025, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  11. ishaqjude

ishaqjude Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quran: 3:84

Say: "We believe in God, and in what has been revealed to us (Qur'an) and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to God do we bow our will.".

Quran: 5:69

Those who believe, those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians and the Christians,- any who believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness,- on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Ishaq.

ishaqjude, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  12. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then why are Muslims trying to kill Jews and Christians?

Rukbat, Jul 21, 2012 IP
  13. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    Egypt has 8 million Christians, why have they not been killed ? Iran has 25,000 Jews, why have they not been killed ?

Lebanon has a Christian president, why has he not been killed by Muslims who are majority in Lebanon ?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
    Mikaël2, Jul 21, 2012 IP
  14. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why did a bunch of Muslims fly planess into buildings 11 years ago? To kill buildings?

Rukbat, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  15. ishaqjude

ishaqjude Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you have to read this: 9-11... Who really did it?

Ishaq.

ishaqjude, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  16. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    Because they wanted to. But did Islam have anything to do with it ? We know that Islam teaches that thief's should have their hands cut off ? Did you know this ? Islam demands that the hijackers should have their hands cut off .

Mikaël2, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  17. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So what punishment do you recommend for the so-called Muslims who are Hamas members launching rockets into civilian neighborhoods in Israel. Does not Islam also prohibit the killing or attempted killing of innocents?

Obamanation, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  18. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Islam prohibits a lot of things that Muslims consider mandatory. So, of course, let's not dwell on what people actually do, let's give them a pass because a 1,400 year old book - that they ignore when it's expedient - tells them not to be bad boys.

Right?

Wrong!

Islam is what Muslims have made of it, regardless of what an old book says. (And it says that it's perfectly okay to violate anything it says if that lets you kill anyone you consider an enemy. Anyone who's actually read it, not just mumbled their way through it, would know that.)

@ishaqjude:
    Are you sure it wasn't a few dead aliens who escaped from Area 51? Or maybe it was Leprechauns, finally fed up with our stealing the gold at the end of the rainbow?

Rukbat, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  19. Mikaël2

Mikaël2 Member

Best Answers:
    Is this where you admit that not all Muslims want to kill Jews/Christians ? But that it is in fact a minority ?

There's 1.5 billion Muslims in the world. That's huge number of people. There's always going to be a minority of Muslims who are going to do wrong things.

Mikaël2, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  20. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never said all Muslims - but it's not a minority. Islam sees a person who isn't Muslim as an enemy. (Talk to Muslims - or, better yet, ex-Muslims.) It's in the Koran, and it's on the ground. And the majority of Muslims don't want to kiss those they see as enemies.

Rukbat, Jul 23, 2012 IP