1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to add my website in D Moz

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by core100, May 30, 2012.

Can any body tell me that how can i add my how can i submit my website in DMOZ. i have tried more time but no success. So please tell me how can i add and help me.

core100, May 30, 2012 IP
  2. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend that you don't keep suggesting your website. It's against the T&C that you've twice agreed and you run the risk of being declared a spammer.

Best thing to do? Nothing. Just be patient.

jimnoble, May 30, 2012 IP
  3. mevidai

mevidai Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I work very hard this has also made many times that were not :(

mevidai, May 30, 2012 IP
  4. coolrohit222002

coolrohit222002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They rarely accept new site now unless your site is well optimized, high pr, and getting an average hits per day.

coolrohit222002, May 30, 2012 IP
  5. emthuy

emthuy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This requires you to be patient, your website must be good

emthuy, May 30, 2012 IP
  6. coolrohit222002

coolrohit222002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So, what are the three main reasons for a site getting rejected from DMOZ?
    So, the secret to getting good Google search results is simple. It`s quality and relevance and getting relevant links and you will be better able to attract more links for your website promotion by getting listed on DMOZ. But like all modern search engine criteria, your content must be fresh and original and highly relevant to your niche market. You also need to ensure that there are no spelling errors or broken links in your navigation. These are simple SEO techniques that are often overlooked but will prove to be enormously important if you want to see successful search results.

coolrohit222002, May 30, 2012 IP
    Anonymously likes this.
  7. jimnoble

Best Answers:
    Few, if any, editors look at any of those metrics - because they aren't things we care about.

jimnoble, May 30, 2012 IP
  8. SCORE

SCORE Member

Best Answers:
    Google is your friend and the one you need to focus on, DMOZ is not important.

SCORE, May 30, 2012 IP
  9. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They won't approve "normal" websites... About 2-3 years ago I managed to list some of my websites and after that I can't manage to list a single one... Which is funny :D

patco, May 30, 2012 IP
  10. mbahwo

mbahwo Peon

Best Answers:
    I also always failed. have often tried and always failed

mbahwo, May 31, 2012 IP
  11. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    as the suggestion pool is optional, MANY editors use those metrics and likely do not even know it... as many search engines that they may use instead, kinda do...

Not arguing for the sake of a disagreement here, just saying that's how it is.... sometimes.

Though the best answer as always is what Score says above.

Qryztufre, Jun 1, 2012 IP
  12. ksb2050

ksb2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZ is worthless SEO wise, in addition to the fact that it's like Fort Knox. Anyone without an inside in wont find an in to that corrupt directory.

ksb2050, Jun 1, 2012 IP
  13. customautoblogs

customautoblogs Member

Best Answers:
    Just follow the rules, create and improve your website so that offers great information and quality, submit it in the right category and hope for the best. It may take a while and there is no guarantee you will get in. If you don't, no problem, just move on.

customautoblogs, Jun 1, 2012 IP
  14. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And im assuming that you can show us proof of this? Feel free to publish the evidence and written proof to back your claims, not just links to oher such claims or hearsay. We would take this very seriously.

snooks, Jun 1, 2012 IP
  15. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Skrenta is a editor with a single site listed under his affiliated sites that has over ten thousand deeplinks, most of which were NOT added by a human, and most of which break MULTIPLE guidelines.

But that's not proof of corruption is it... even though it's breaking at least 5 guidelines and is allowed to remain...

So what kind of proof would you need? Maybe links to completed transactions with positive feedback for pay-for-inclusion DMOZ links on third party sites... oh yeah, not proof again.

What is needed? The maiden name of the mother of the offending editor with finger prints & soc. number?

Qryztufre, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  16. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im not going to converse or argue with you Q because you have no intention of doing anything except to cause trouble and cast dispersion on DMOZ. You have no interest in the truth.:(

snooks, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  17. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    so you are saying that skrenta is not an editor with 10k pages listed from an affiliated site which break multiple guidelines or that there are not 3rd art sites for dmoz listings that are completed with positive feedback?

http://www.dmoz.org/search?q=topix
    http://www.dmoz.org/public/profile?editor=skrenta
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Skrenta

Sorry that I don't know his mothers maiden name...

See everyone told ya that they do not accept any type of proof yet keep asking for it.

and yet they say I am the one that is the troll and truth twister *sigh* you could slap half these editors with a fish and they would say fish still don't exist.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
    Qryztufre, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  18. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Q as usual wants to claim "corruption" by mentioning Skrenta.....i guess it shows he has nothing else and no real proof of corruption when he has to keep bringing that up (lol).

Not even worth discussing:(

snooks, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  19. jimnoble

Best Answers:
    As Q very well knows, because he's been told it often enough, the Topix thing was the result of a commercial agreement between AOL (who own Netscape who own ODP) and Topix. Nobody liked it the time but it wasn't corruption. That skrenta was not just an editor but a founding editor of ODP is irrelevant.

Commercial organisations are businesses and they make deals with each other. The entire Western economy is based upon this and Q has a lot of work to do if he hopes to change it. Sheesh.

jimnoble, Jun 3, 2012 IP
    Anonymously likes this.
  20. jimnoble

Best Answers:
    As Q very well knows, because he's been told it often enough, the Topix thing was the result of a commercial agreement between AOL (who own Netscape who own ODP) and Topix. Nobody liked it the time but it wasn't corruption. That skrenta was not just an editor but a founding editor of ODP is irrelevant.

Commercial organisations are businesses and they make deals with each other. The entire Western economy is based upon this and Q has a lot of work to do if he hopes to change it.

Go find a more credible hobby horse Q. You beating the same broken drum year in year out is boring.

jimnoble, Jun 3, 2012 IP