1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is White Hat Seo? What is Black hat Seo?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Pointfrenzy, May 30, 2012.

What is White Hat Seo? What is Black hat Seo?
    I need help can someone explain to me what each one is and how people do them.

Also The Difference.

Pointfrenzy, May 30, 2012 IP
  2. daones

daones Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    White hat is employing natural linking techniques for the search engines an example is getting links naturally like nothing shady or trying to trick search engines... a good example would be blogging, guest blogging, article submissions, social bookmarking, press releases.

Black hat is where you do things frowned upon by google, like keyword stuffing, invisible text in your website, people using tools that get mass amount of links in a short period, duplicate content(or stealing and rewriting slightly).

there is also gray hat where its kind of in between that would be like paying for links, using blog for commenting for sole purpose of getting a linkback.

daones, May 30, 2012 IP
  3. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    white hat is doing nothing beneficial for yourself and letting search engines decide your fate.

black hat is having any sort of knowledge and using it.

There is no such thing as natural link building other than random people liking the stuff you make.

Traditione, May 30, 2012 IP
  4. sabrina

sabrina Active Member

Best Answers:
    Whitehat and blackhat SEO (Search Engine Optimization) are two different (and normally opposing) views of how to do search engine optimization. Whitehats are those website designers that "play nice" and try to follow all of the search engine guidelines to optimize their site. Blackhats are where website designers use backdoors, cloaking, and other tricks to optimize sites. This description was found in the Dec. 19, 2005 Newsweek article entitled "Hotwiring your Search Engine.":[Search engines] deplore the so-called black-hat SEOs who use unsavory techniques, like spamming the Web with dummy pages full of links, in an effort to make their sites appear popular. But they are increasingly tolerant of ethical or “white hat” [SEOs], who primarily help their clients knock down the virtual walls that prevent search engines from fully indexing their site.

sabrina, May 30, 2012 IP
  5. googlesiterank

googlesiterank Peon

Best Answers:
    White hat techniques give long term good effect but the black hat techniques give short term effect and it can effect badly on our site and Google punish the site for using black hat techniques. So always use white hat techniques.

googlesiterank, May 31, 2012 IP
  6. valen123

valen123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    valen123, May 31, 2012 IP
  7. Smith Jones

Smith Jones Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello everybody,

Black Hat SEO or SEO spamming occurs when someone creates websites that are targeted at tricking and manipulating search engines and thereby get irrelevant or poor quality search engine result pages (SERP). Black Hat SEO depends heavily on technology and automation to create large numbers of sub-standard web pages and easily pulls in links from other irrelevant websites.

White Hat SEO prefers building quality content towards SEO. Relying heavily on the advantages of quality content and effective marketing strategies to achieve top search engine rankings, sites that follow White Hat SEO write, content for people and not search engines.

Thanks and regards
    Smith Jones

Smith Jones, Jun 1, 2012 IP
  8. Seo Joy

Seo Joy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Black Hat SEO is basically an unethical methods used for website to rank higher on search engines. Where as the techniques that used by following google guidelines and without breaking the rules is callled white hats SEo. Or you can say the ethical techniques used for website is called white hat.

Seo Joy, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  9. aaron86

aaron86 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    White Hat method is a manual method of building links or the proper rules and policy in search engine. This white hat method of promotion is very effective in ranking a business website. Black hat is the improper method of promotion that disobey the rules and policy of search engine. So this black hat method will take a bad effect for your business website in Google's eyes.

White Hat MEthod of promotion is the safest way to rank your business website.

Thank you and best regards
    Aaron burn

aaron86, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  10. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    White hat seo is the ethical and acceptable seo techniques used to get rankings in search engines while black hat seo are unethical techniques that can get your website penalized.

chinasa, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  11. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Black hat techniques used by webmaster to get high rank in SERP in short term. Black hat techniques include Keyword stuffing, Doorway pages, Clocking and hidden text. White Hat SEO follows the search engine rules and regulation whereas Black Hat SEO doesn’t follow the search engine rules and regulations. White hat SEO produce long-term results in terms of rankings whereas Black hat SEO produce short-term results in terms of rankings.

war_machine, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  12. bogs

bogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Avoid using Black hat methods in building your links, it's better to use the White Hat methods because it's following the google guidelines.

bogs, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  13. petervanlier

petervanlier Peon

Best Answers:
    White Hat SEO is an ethical technique. White Hat follows the rules and regulation of search engine. It takes time to give a better result, but results are for long period of time.

Black Hat SEO is an unethical technique of promoting website. Black Hat doesn't obey the rules and regulation of search engine. Black Hat are used to get well ranked in short span of time. It includes keyword stuffing, hidden text, cloaking, doorway pages.

petervanlier, Jun 4, 2012 IP
  14. seocrat

seocrat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,

White Hat SEO:

White hat SEO means work according to Google algorithm like:
    1) Content should be unique and user friendly.
    2) Hidden Text, Image and Link are not allowed.
    3) Same Anchor is not allowed.
    4) We can't submit website in same IP address directory.

Black Hat SEO:

Black Hat SEO means work against the Google Algorithm like:
    1) Use Duplicate Content with keywords spamming.
    2) Use Hidden Text, Image and Link
    3) Use Same Anchor
    4) Submit your website in same IP address directory.

Thanks,
    Atechnocrat Solutions

seocrat, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  15. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh come on. Nothing you mentioned in Black Hat is Black Hat. Whoever does that stuff isn't Black Hat, they're just dumb.

Traditione, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  16. Didope

Didope Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    there is Grey SEO , too.
    It has White+ Black in it.

Didope, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  17. Didope

Didope Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with all white hat, and first 2 lines from Black hat.The other 2- is Grey hat SEO

Didope, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  18. angelicakaka

angelicakaka Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can I ask a question? If buying links is considered black hat SEO. Can you tell me how can I gain backlinks with white hat SEO techniques? If my website were about Child Car Seats or something about Health issues, I am sure by creating great content and submitting articles and by social bookmarking I could drive some traffic to my site and make people link to my website naturally but I have a travel related website and it sell tours and accomodation. How can I make people link to me? Any idea would be appreciated!

angelicakaka, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  19. Didope

Didope Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, buying links mean black hat SEO.But if you buy them using different keywords, it's OK.You just have to be attentive with it and not to buy more than, 10 links(for instance)per day.But before you buy them- it is very important to analyze it very deeply.

I would recommend using social networks for this kind for travel related websites.It is a lot of trafic there.

Didope, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  20. angelicakaka

angelicakaka Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much! I am trying to use social networks already.
    And buying 10 links per day.... it is really expensive if I buy links from related niche . In stead, my idea is buying some 10 to 20 quality backlinks a month for the first 3-4 months and buy them one by one after examining well and ofcourse travel directıry submissions etc. After my website gets somewhere, I am sure there will be more people wanting to link exchange with me oy send me one-way links! But what I am not sure about is 10-20 links per month is enough for reaching some point

angelicakaka, Jun 5, 2012 IP