1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About penguin and relevant quality back links.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ~Bored~, Jun 2, 2012.

Ok, so google penguin will affect sites with low quality backlinks?

My questions is, where can i find these quality back links? What are they and what are some examples of places where i can get quality backlinks?

Thanks in advance.

~Bored~, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  2. Valid SEO

Valid SEO Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Bored,

Maybe i have some experience choosing quality Backlinks. Choose links from site with these criteria.

1. Use opensiteexplorer.org, check PA, DA, LRD of site. Higher value giving high quality. It means Authority site.
    2. Aged domains, preferable not dropped domains.
    3. High PR site is better than low PR site
    4. Build your backlinks naturally.

Maybe the others can help you.

Valid SEO, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  3. ~Bored~

~Bored~ Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you validSEO, I have added to your reputation. I just remembered about opensiteexplorer. You have pointed me in the right direction, thanks!

~Bored~, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  4. ~Bored~

~Bored~ Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you. Fantastic article, its true although back links is important in SEO user experience and quality over quantity is even more important at least to google. :p Thanks!

~Bored~, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  5. toman

toman Peon

Best Answers:
    Quality backlinks means many factors, including PR, theme relevancy, link age, DoNoFollow, the number of outbound links on one page,etc. To build links is easy, but high quality backlinks are harder to get. Google Panda and Penguin now severely hit low quality links. Something must be kept in mind when building links to your sites.

1. Choose High PR Blog, Article Directory, Social Bookmark, Site Directory, such as DMOZ, DIGG, Fark, Articlebase,etc. Select sites with DoFollow backlinks. To some extent, these types of sites provide quality backlinks. Avoid blog comments and links from rubbish sites.

2. Create high quality content. Write unique articles related with your sites, then post them on hot blogs or Press release sites. Content marketing are good enough to build natural high quality inbound links. What's more, unique content improves your brand visibility and trust in search engines.

3. Get backlinks from great sites with org, edu, gov domains or brand sites. This may be more difficult, but worth a try.

Hope it works and Good luck!

toman, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  6. ~Bored~

~Bored~ Active Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent and very helpful post, thanks!

~Bored~, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  7. flowknight

flowknight Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome mate. Glad that it helped you

flowknight, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  8. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Look for high page rank forums and blogs. That's what I do, seems to work really well, even post Penguin. Good luck! :)

ninjamtlt1, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  9. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh and If you don't know where to find them, try doing a Google search for something like "high pr blogs" or "high pr dofollow blogs"...hope that helps. :)

ninjamtlt1, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  10. manashseo

manashseo Peon

Best Answers:
    You can get quality backlinks from guest post.

manashseo, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  11. wordpecker

wordpecker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Finding actual resources for safe link building is the hardest job I have ever found.. :) I am really scared if I carry on finding such resources it will eat all my time.When I will be doing rest of my business. No end of link building after Panda and Penguin. So to be honest, you have to reduce work load in order to QUALITY build back links in a safe way like individual articles for directories,finding niche blogs obviously that are not link firms, guest posting in blogs without too much of anchors etc etc. Terrible.. :(

wordpecker, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  12. angelicakaka

angelicakaka Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a question! I have a recently published travel related website and it is probably a very amateur one because exactly 46 days ago, I did not have a clue what 'html' is :) Any way I created one from what I learned from internet and trying to optimize it now. - I know that it is too early for me to expect something but as you would agree it is all about experience and gotta start from some point.

I read many articles and forums about SEO and link building and I am really confused about where to start so I decided to check backlinks of my competitors sites and I checked one that I like most and ranks quite well for some competitive keywords. I used a backlink checker tool and also wrote in google search box link:http://www.mycompetitorsite.com and in both I onyl found some 15 backlinks in google. Nothing in yahoo and bing. etc.

Is it possible? Or I am checking something wrong which has in reality nothing to do with what I am looking for?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for my English mistakes! I am not a native speaker.

angelicakaka, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  13. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    The fact is that there is no magic wand to boosting PR. The best approach is to use a variety of channels just as blogging, guest article writing

lightlysalted, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  14. bogs

bogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting is a good methods in link building it will effective in driving traffics to your site.

bogs, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  15. josep88

josep88 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    After the new algorithm from Google this is depend on your experience .

josep88, Jun 6, 2012 IP
  16. rubeljoy

rubeljoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Quality back links are important. But not only run for that. First try to make some quality content. You can publish your fresh unique contents to press release sites and good PR blog. Hope it will help you.

rubeljoy, Jun 6, 2012 IP