1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where should I start?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by sivric.marijan, May 30, 2012.

1. willM

willM Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all, to make money from blogging... you should get a self-hosted one.

Then, create great content to drive organic traffic. Convert that traffic to build your list. And sell stuff on the back-end.

Your focus should be in building a list if you want to make enough money to buy a car.

Also, for traffic... you could try guest blogging, blog commenting, article marketing with a focus on syndicating it, solo ads are a great and fast way to build your list.

In order for your visitors to opt-in you also need to give them an ethical bribe - something for free such as a report etc. to lure them into your sales funnel.

Hope it helps.

I suggest read more on how other top bloggers make money from blogging.

Adsense is a nice way to start with in order to monetize. But to make a living from Adsense you will tens or even hundreds of sites.

willM, Jun 1, 2012 IP
  2. sivric.marijan

sivric.marijan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice! Do you think donations are a good way for this type of blog?

sivric.marijan, Jun 1, 2012 IP
  3. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    Before you put up ads you have to drive enough traffic to your website.

chinasa, Jun 1, 2012 IP
  4. birdie123

birdie123 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's why I'm asking you guys! ​

birdie123, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  5. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    First, be focus on offering unique and quality content for your target readers-- this is the foundation. Even though you got AdSense but the content is not good, it will not get support from readers. Then once the blog is already established, money will just come. Good luck to you. You can do that.

6. sivric.marijan

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your motivation! :)

sivric.marijan, Jun 4, 2012 IP
  7. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Peon

Best Answers:
    Sivric,

The recipe to become a successful and popular blogger is very simple as it is - do something special, stand out from the crowd. You can get on a bike, travel around your country and blog about it. And the chances are a lot of people would be interested to read about your adventures. Your blog won't attract much traffic just because you ask people to buy you a car. You should start doing something unique and special!

Hailstorm, Jun 4, 2012 IP
  8. shibbiemynizzle

shibbiemynizzle Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest getting some sort of product for your niche. Most people want something for their money. Or try an affiliate program.

shibbiemynizzle, Jun 4, 2012 IP
  9. sivric.marijan

Best Answers:
    I don't think affiliate programs are good for my type of blog, but thanks for the answer...

sivric.marijan, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  10. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Depending on the topic of the blog you can consider adding affiliate links in your posts or promoting stuff from amazon. But for the adspace in the blog go for Google and try to sell is directly to interested advertisers as this will enable you to earn more from the same spot.

Sensei.Design, Jun 12, 2012 IP
  11. nishantdon

nishantdon Peon

Best Answers:
    I own a website and I get revenues from advertisers that advertised on my blog and Google adsense.. The key to success is content. It should be original, latest and friendly. As a newbie, I would advice you to see http://signup.writersplan.com/ . They use our scientifically designed algorithms to let you know what would be the hot topics in the coming days so that you can leverage on them to build your audience, gain traffic and clicks. It is free at the moment and is offering discounts.

nishantdon, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  12. higherluv

higherluv Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This depends on your niche then. Really if your blog niche is popular enough so that people spend money on it, then you should not have any trouble finding a product for it. Perhaps start another blog and promote a product.

higherluv, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  13. rae081

rae081 Member

Best Answers:
    article marketing is always good... also nowadays social networking is good.

rae081, Jun 13, 2012 IP