1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Would Be your Strategy to Get 200 Visitors a Day to a Brand New Site?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Lanouvelle, Jun 17, 2011.

If you wanted to get 200 visitors a day to a site you had just created, what would be your strategy to get to this goal?

Lanouvelle, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  2. bongted

bongted Peon

Best Answers:
    create your content originally, link building, social bookmarking, social media optimization .

bongted, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  3. entrepreneur45

entrepreneur45 Peon

Best Answers:
    Man, that is not an easy question to answer. It all depends on what kind of site it is, what your niche is, and what you're selling.
    May I ask what the website will be about? Is it a blog, a review site for clickbank products, or what?

Personally I've been trying to figure out the right formula to do that for years with several sites I own, and still haven't gotten anywhere close to 200 visitors per day. I would do what is suggested above, but also do stuff like creating video's and getting them distributed on video sites like youtube, and the many others out there. If your site is a blog, and you aren't good at article writing
    there are many ways to outsource your articles. Just make real sure the articles are original, or I heard you could get penalized for
    duplicate content by google, or something equally as bad.

Also, I would do link exchanges with other webmasters, and maybe purchase banner ad space on other sites with higher page ranks than mine. First thing I'd do though is make sure my keywords are researched well as most websites use the wrong keywords, or not enough of them.

If you figure the formula out to do this quickly please let us all know! Hope my comments helped in some small way.

God Bless

entrepreneur45

entrepreneur45, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  4. br3adman

br3adman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Spam reddit you can get more then a few hundred lol

br3adman, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  5. jitendrashukla

jitendrashukla Member

Best Answers:
    There are many creative ways to increase traffic to your website. Some will cost you money, and some won't. Below you'll find many legitimate ways (ranging from free to costly) to boost the number of visitors to your website. But if you don't have so much as a cent to spare, read ..
    • Improve your Internet Presence
    • Trying to get more backlinks on your website this may help to increase the traffic.
    • By focusing your content on keywords related to your topic
    • Get linked.
    • Advertise your presence.
    • Be patient.

Use all of these techniques to increase traffic to your website

jitendrashukla, Jun 18, 2011 IP
  6. proFacebook

proFacebook Peon

Best Answers:
    get tweeted by people with high number of followers,

else buy website views lol.

proFacebook, Jun 18, 2011 IP
  7. proFacebook

proFacebook Peon

Best Answers:
    he cant be patient! thats the issue

proFacebook, Jun 18, 2011 IP
  8. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You may have to advertise if you want to build traffic up fast.

sambling, Jun 18, 2011 IP
  9. jwarnimo

jwarnimo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea that's a pretty tall task. The traditional methods of link building such as social bookmarking, article directories, guest blogging, etc are going to take some time to build rank. It also takes Google a few days sometimes to even index a new site. Be sure to register your site on Google Webmaster Tools so they can crawl it faster. Also stay away from any paid linking services as that will just set off a flag at Google and probably just hurt your site. I would have to agree with sambling that paid advertising is the quickest route. The only problem is that most people don't click ads anymore online, just look at facebook.

jwarnimo, May 29, 2012 IP
  10. ignmmulia

ignmmulia Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Lanouvelle,

I do agree with Entrepreneur45, your site is depending on many factors to get 200 visitors per day. But the point is that you need to promote your site through article marketing, forum marketing, ppc, etc. Hope this helps...

Click Here To Earn $100,000 Passive Income On Auto Pilot

Best regards,
    ignmmulia

ignmmulia, May 30, 2012 IP
  11. sivric.marijan

sivric.marijan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think forums are one of the best ways to get those first visitors to your website!

sivric.marijan, May 30, 2012 IP
  12. imgeek2727

imgeek2727 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty good with social media so I'd use Twitter and Facebook and some guest blogging to direct targetted traffic to the site, then tell them to spread the word so it goes viral.

imgeek2727, May 30, 2012 IP
  13. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    These days, you have to have something so unique that it is worth sharing....I heard on CNN that this video site got its start when
    someone uploaded a video, or they got ahold of a unique video that was shared like wildfire, and that was their launch....
    It was a crazy video about a dog that kept attacking cleaning products, a can of paint burst, caught the house on fire, etc...
    Funny as hell, so if you do not have anything worth sharing, then you are pretty much on a bridge to no-where....

dscurlock, May 30, 2012 IP
  14. FreshlyGreen

FreshlyGreen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would pay for traffic if I needed it that fast.

Otherwise if you have an influential Facebook you could run traffic via social media

FreshlyGreen, May 30, 2012 IP
  15. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If your website is a blog, and you a dozen of posts and share them on social media, you'll start receiving 200 visitors a day, primarily when your links are indexed in google. However, if its a website, you gotta create its fan in social networking sites to ensure a constant stream of visitors.

traxport121, May 30, 2012 IP
  16. Lanouvelle

Lanouvelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for all your responses. I don't know if I had a particular niche in mind when I first asked this question. However, I realize that not all niches may have the same amount of traffic (ex: weight loss vs beekeeping).

Thank you Entrepreneur45. I have not found the formula. If I do, God willing, I will let you know.

Thanks a lot jitendrashukla for your advice. I agree that being patient is best. But, it can require effort.

Thank you jwarnimo. What you said about not raising the flag reminded me of someone I have heard lately about post penguin seo. He was saying that thebest was to build the fewer amount of links.

Thank you Ignmmulia and sivric.marijan. Forum marketing is something that I would be interested in. However, I have the impression that it may be partially be based on the reputation of the forum member or the number of posts that person has.

Thank you for sharing this strategy imgeek2727. When you get some twitter or facebook traffic, is it after getting over a hundred followers and friends or do you ask an influential person to tweet about you or update his/her profile with your link? Thank you very much for sharing.

Dscurlock, it seems that doing something to add value and not to sell may appeal to people. I don't know but when I think about some viral videos on youtube, I don't know if the people who had uploaded the videos thought that they would get the success they ended up getting. Thank you for responding.

This is a cool idea proFacebook. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Thank you sambling. It seems that going the paid route may be the fastest way as you also said jwarnimo. However, even then, it may be important to know how to manage campaigns for conversions. A cool thing is that Google is pushing us towards other sources of traffic that may actually lead to faster results (social media for instance).

FreshlyGreen, I think that leveraging an influential person on social networks like you said may yield to a lot of traffic fast. Thank you for sharing this tip.

Thank yuou traxport121 for your advice. Do you think that it is necessary to have followers before sharing the post or it is going to work anyway? Thanks a lot for responding.

Lanouvelle, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  17. djparker

djparker Peon

Best Answers:
    Its all about the social media today my friend

djparker, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  18. DaFoe

DaFoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends, you could try social traffic, link building, buy some PPC adds, focus a lot on SEO etc.

DaFoe, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  19. Tankstar55

Tankstar55 Peon

Best Answers:
    Boost your social media method in order to work well in getting traffic. But for me it was better to do onpage optimization first so that in the right time, you can earn an organic traffic.

Tankstar55, Jun 4, 2012 IP
  20. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's the recepie for startups. A friend of mine maintains several thematic blogs (i.e. on crazy business ideas, documentaries), he picks content manually, which helps him to keep quality level of his posts and to attract real audience from social sites like reddit. Then sometime before launch, he starts to post messages about his new service and eventually he gets traffic from his own blogs.

Hailstorm, Jun 4, 2012 IP