1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain name has 338,000,000 searches per month

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by asel2012, May 17, 2012.

How much would you appraise the domain name which is the keyword with 338,000,000 searches per month according to Google Adwords? It has N/A Alexa Rank and Reputation 1, and PR 0. And it has .net extension.

asel2012, May 17, 2012 IP
  2. rajaukauka

rajaukauka Peon

Best Answers:
    need your optimize your domain , keep posting fresh articles, and more.. maybe ur domain increase your trafic, dont forget register your domain on alexa.com, so try exchange link on member other forum blogger

keep spirit

rajaukauka, May 18, 2012 IP
  3. asel2012

asel2012 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not going to make a website. I am just trying to sell the domain name. And I want to know its value.

asel2012, May 18, 2012 IP
  4. seafrontsteve

seafrontsteve Peon

Best Answers:
    Waste of time targetting anything with 100s of milliions of daily searches - far too general and 99.99999% of searches probably aren't interested in your site.

You'll be better off getting MUCH more highly targetted traffic from longer tail keywords with 'only' thousands of daily searches.
    Using lots of targetted relevant long tail keywords (one per page) will be much more rewarding

seafrontsteve, May 18, 2012 IP
  5. goldmon

goldmon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    without name you will not get accurate answers

goldmon, May 19, 2012 IP
  6. asel2012

asel2012 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's la-de-da.net

asel2012, May 19, 2012 IP
  7. goldmon

goldmon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    for me it's reg fee.

goldmon, May 19, 2012 IP
  8. ImageAuthors

ImageAuthors Member

Best Answers:
    Hyphens decrease value. And .com would be preferable. Also, you are looking at the wrong number for searches.

ImageAuthors, Jun 1, 2012 IP
  9. asel2012

asel2012 Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by "wrong number for searches"? Can you explain please.

asel2012, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  10. ImageAuthors

ImageAuthors Member

Best Answers:
    This is a common error.

When using the Google Adwords Traffic Estimator, you need to be careful to analyze for the relevant kind of searches. There are 6 different kinds of searches:

Broad Global
    Broad Local
    Phrase Global
    Phrase Local
    Exact Global
    Exact Local

The Global vs. Local distinction is easy to understand. Local is for the location you have selected, and you can change it as necessary. Global is for all countries worldwide. Usually both Global and Local are displayed side by side in separate columns.

The other paramater is Broad / Phrase / Exact. Broad is the default. And it is also the least important of the 3 -- most would say totally irrelevant when it comes to domains. You need to manually select "Phrase" or "Exact. In the version of the Google Adwords Traffic Estimator that I use, this can be accomplished by clicking "Advanced Options". But you may be using a newer version of this Google tool, in which case there are check boxes on the left side.

Let me explain the difference between Broad / Phrase / Exact using the search term "car".

Broad: 226,000,000 global
    Phrase: 124,000,000 global
    Exact: 1,220,000 global

Broad: This includes searches like "car", "used cars", "trucks", "Toyota automobiles"; stuff related to cars but not always containing the word "car".
    Phrase: This includes searches like "car", "used car", "car mechanics", "car racing", but NOT "trucks" or "Toyota automobiles" -- only phrases containing the word "car".
    Exact: This is the number of searches for the word [car] only -- it does not include "used car" or "car mechanics" or even "cars"; just [car].

Long story short, the number of searches you quoted was the Broad number. And that number is very unreliable and not very focused on the word that's actually in the domain name. Stick with Phrase and Exact.

ImageAuthors, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  11. asel2012

asel2012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much. Now I understand. I suspected that something was wrong with la-de-da.

asel2012, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  12. ImageAuthors

ImageAuthors Member

Best Answers:
    You're welcome.

ImageAuthors, Jun 4, 2012 IP
  13. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    darn, this is excellent, rep added

wptheme, Jun 4, 2012 IP