1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IMPORTANT!! did adsense changed their TOS

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by tokyowalker, Nov 18, 2006.

hello guys ..i just received this message from adsense :

Hello,

While reviewing your account, we noticed that you are currently displaying Google ads in a manner that is not compliant with our policies. For instance, we found violations of AdSense policies on pages such as (url)

Publishers may not implement Google ads in a manner that disguises the ads in any way, for instance, by formatting neighboring content to look similar to the ads, or by making ads look like games or forum threads. Additionally, publishers may not attempt to associate specific images with the individual ads appearing on their sites. Such an implementation may confuse users who assume that the image is directly related to the advertiser's offerings.

Please make any necessary changes to your web pages in the next 3 business days. We also suggest that you take the time to review our program policies (https://www.google.com/adsense/policies) to ensure that all of your other pages are in compliance.

Once you update your site, we will automatically detect the changes and ad serving will not be affected. If you choose not to make the changes to your account within the next three days, your account will remain active but you will no longer be able to display ads on the site. Please note, however, that we may disable your account if further violations are found in the future.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

The Google AdSense Team

------------------------------------------------------------
    so here s the deal :

1) Publishers may not implement Google ads in a manner that disguises the ads in any way : ok everyone knows this .

2)formatting neighboring content to look similar to the ads, or by making ads look like games or forum threads : isnt that what we call BLENDING ?? is this means no more blending is allowed.. dowe have to used a different color for the ads than the colors we use for content ???

3) Additionally, publishers may not attempt to associate specific images with the individual ads appearing on their sites : is thsi mean we can no more use the pictures with the seperating line next to the ads ???

well what do you guys think

tokyowalker, Nov 18, 2006 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  2. DarkStealth

DarkStealth Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should get rid of google ads and get Yahoo they pay more.

DarkStealth, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  3. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just change the layout, make sure you don't Violate any more.
    If you could give me the link I can specially tell you what exactly needs to be fixed.

Imran, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  4. fourfourthree

fourfourthree Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also got that email today. heheh. Others must be getting it as well. If your blending is too perfect, you gotta change it, I guess.

fourfourthree, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  5. treblexl

treblexl Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there is some serious difference of view when it comes to the definition of blending.

Some people, like you, thinks that blending is disguising the ads as games or forum threads, disquising them into something so that people don't know that they are ads.

IMO, for Google, blending means that the ads SUIT the website. If your site is green, make the ads green too and not orange.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=179849

treblexl, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  6. justelite

justelite Member

Best Answers:
    You are lucky because you receive an email before ban. Just go and make changes!

justelite, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  7. tokyowalker

tokyowalker Member

Best Answers:
    i can assure you that the blending i have on my website is not misleading in anyway , normal color blending using the same color as content text and even the ad is clear a far from content ..my website is not a forum or a game website (makes me wonder why google is sending me a message about forums and ga,e sites ) ...

I think that maybe google is changing its strategy concerning the images next to the ads ,that s the only explanation for this email ..

8. SoKickIt

SoKickIt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Images next to the ads are clearly against their TOS. I don't know why they didn't warn publishers before.

We all know that's the whole point of this "trick".

SoKickIt, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  9. thedark

thedark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    this rules always was in adsense tos, if you find on different websites or forums "adsense tricks" you must avoid them, google know those tricks too, and they don't like them.

thedark, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  10. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'm just happy to see that you got the warning letter, instead of the "you are banned for life" letter.

I live in fear of the random Google-Ban-Bot !

Tearabite, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  11. Eric.Cho

Eric.Cho Guest

Best Answers:
    Umm this is somewhat alarming to me. I thought everyone into adsense plces images next to the ads...so does this mean a lot of people will be getting banned??

Eric.Cho, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  12. darkbreed

darkbreed Peon

Best Answers:
    I was told by google today the following way of putting images next to ads is ok:
    [​IMG]

Thats from the home page of one of my sites. Notice I have borders around the ads, and have put the pics right outside the borders. This seems to be ok if you seperate the images and ads in this way, instead of having the images just seperated by a line from the ads, or having the ads and images together with nothing seperating them at all. Btw this spesific ad gives me a 5-7% CTR daily as long its placed above the fold.

I always send a message to google and ask them to review my site and see if everything looks ok when I make any changes related to the ads. Its the best way to know if what you have done is allright or not

darkbreed, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  13. Eric.Cho

Eric.Cho Guest

Best Answers:
    thanks for that darkbread

Eric.Cho, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  14. tokyowalker

tokyowalker Member

Best Answers:
    thanks Darkbread
    but that s strange , mine are just like yours , but the images are randomly generated in my case ... here is how it looks ..

anyway i just send them a message asking them to clarify me more of what changes they are waiting from me and i ll be updating you guys ...

Attached Files:

15. edwinsoft

edwinsoft Peon

Best Answers:
    this is one of my adsense ad which gave me no problem for more than a year.

maybe becos I have a border and I only use one big image.

Attached Files:

• aaa.JPG
      aaa.JPG
      File size:
      27.7 KB
      Views:
    edwinsoft, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  16. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmm, I thought their policies has been like that for at least ever since I was seriously using them earlier this year. That's why I was uncomfortable when someone tries to blend in too well that the visitors cannot tell ads from contents. I hate having to click on something and getting something else instead.

eddy2099, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  17. darkbreed

darkbreed Peon

Best Answers:
    tokyowalker: well as I said , it seems to be ok with google as long there is borders around the ad. Your ad have no borders, only a line between it and the pics.

darkbreed, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  18. jaimatarani

jaimatarani Guest

Best Answers:
    Make a few changes and then check it out

jaimatarani, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  19. tokyowalker

tokyowalker Member

Best Answers:
    I made the changes i think were the cause of the message from adsense .. i changed the border between the images and ads (a thik blue image border now ) and i added rss feeds to give the website more content ... i sent like 4 or 5 messages to google asking them to review the changes but no answer yet , and i still have just one day before they disable my account if changes are not made ... i dont have much time and they re not explaining exactly what changes they re expecting me to do . so i am worried i missed something here ..

so i want to post my website url here for experiienced adsense webmasters to review it for me too .. the more reviews the better outcome ... but i don t know if this is agaisnt digital point policies .. if it s ok i will post it after i receive a green light from you guys ...

thanks

tokyowalker, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  20. currenz

currenz Peon

Best Answers:
    Could not agree more.

currenz, Nov 19, 2006 IP