1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to improve conversion rate?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by komirad, May 31, 2012.

I run The iVault which is an online store selling mid-high end mobile accessories and audio products.

Conversion rate is currently 1% of total visits and I am aiming for 3%.

I am putting in a testimonial system to improve customer trust.

Would love some suggestions to further improve my conversion rate.

komirad, May 31, 2012 IP
  2. haiwin

haiwin Peon

Best Answers:
    you need to pay more attention to select right keywords to your products

haiwin, May 31, 2012 IP
  3. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get better targeted traffic and make your call to actions more urgent.

They need to buy your product. They don't want to, they need to.

Use this mentality in your copywriting.

Traditione, May 31, 2012 IP
  4. rubeljoy

rubeljoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Promote your product in a way so that people feel interest to buy. Proper key wording could be a good solution.

rubeljoy, Jun 1, 2012 IP
  5. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    Conversion rate is totally depends on the platform that you selected to market your product or service. So select the field where you can find more targeted audience.

joelchrist, Jun 4, 2012 IP
  6. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    I would say you should try social media marketing. You have a lot of pictures but no way of visitors using pinterest to show off those pictures. There is also no twitter or facebook. You can also add a blog and even build a facebook page. All these elements can get you to the conversions you are looking for. Best of luck!

sweetcrabhoney18, Jun 7, 2012 IP
  7. tylerjoneswebdesign

tylerjoneswebdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    A few things1. Try hiring a professional content writer. Never underestimate quality content.2. If you're ranking for keywords; try to rank for buyer keywords. This will surely increase conversions because they're actually searching to buy YOUR product.3. Create a twitter and facebook and build up a fanbase (a real one). It takes time, but it's more than worth it in my opinion. You can have quality fan pages created for super cheap.Hope this helps. Good luck

tylerjoneswebdesign, Jun 7, 2012 IP
  8. Akhidesigns

Akhidesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you go through your whole website like you are a customer trying to buy something from the website. Once you do that you will see weaknesses on your ecommerce site and once you identify these try and rectify it. One thing I would do is make sure that the checkout process is as short as it can be as a lot of customers quit during this stage.

Akhidesigns, Jun 9, 2012 IP
  9. jessicamoises

jessicamoises Peon

Best Answers:
    It is very important to focus the geo targeted audience to receive more number of visitors. check in regular basis that all conversion forms are working good. If there is any issue sort it out immediately.

jessicamoises, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  10. locke815

locke815 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try promote your products through Google Adwords.

locke815, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  11. easycommerce

easycommerce Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Getting high conversion rate Choose right keywords, optimize SEO perspective, Spend PPC for targeted keywords it can help to grow your business to reach by targeted Users.

easycommerce, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  12. ValPPG

ValPPG Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with other participants in this discussion on the fact that good marketing techniques improve overall business performance and drive traffic to your store. But besides that, I think you need to improve your checkout process. After having a look at your checkout process, I noticed a few drawbacks:

1. Security - Your order page lacks most important security elements like SSL encryption. As you probably know, consumers are quite nervous in entrusting their sensitive info to online merchants, that's why you can never neglect the security of your checkout.

2. Payment methods - As I noticed, you only accept paypal. Unfortunately there are still many countries where paypal is still not available, making these customers unable to complete the purchase. I would strongly suggest you to find a good platform that would offer as many payment methods as possible. Although you have credit card graphics, they weren't displayed when I tried to buy. In addition to that, when the page tried to redirect me to PayPal, it displayed an error, another possible cause of low conversion rates. Remember, it is about your customers' convenience and not the other way around.

3. Contact details - it is proven that having a phone number and other contact details directly on the order page improves conversions by at least 1%, consumers don't have the time to look for them and having these elements easy-to find, improves your clients' confidence in completing the purchase.

4. Risk - Guarantee your buyers that they don't risk anything. have a graphic displaying that you refund unsatisfied customers. This will definitely improve your sales results. Again, it's about trust and confidence.

5. Lead Management - ok, my guess your low conversion rates come together with high shopping cart abandonment? If yes, then you need to get a lead management software of some sort. This piece of software collects the e-mail address as soon as it is introduced in the form, if this customer abandons the cart, you get a notification with the contact details, chosen product etc. Now you can send follow-ups with discount of course, you need to give your client an incentive to return and finish the purchase. From my expertise the best practice in this case is to send up to 3 follow-ups with progressive discount (1st follow-up discount - 10%, second - 30% etc). With this technique your conversion rates will improve by at least 2-3%.

I hope this helps, of course the idea of building trust through quality testimonials is a great idea, but you should definitely explore multiple options.

Good Luck!

Val

ValPPG, Jun 11, 2012 IP
  13. epoch707

epoch707 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey, I am a big fan of your site. I just started my site http://www.headphonegroove.com

Do you have any tips in attracting traffic to an ecommerce site? I would like to get to the 1-3% conversion rate, I just need to get started :D

epoch707, Jun 24, 2012 IP
  14. buicky

buicky Peon

Best Answers:
    google adwords seems to be the best solutions

buicky, Jun 28, 2012 IP
  15. skidkoy

skidkoy Peon

Best Answers:
    The main display shows one slide with a flag I do not recognize and offers "islandwide" free shipping. That means your target demographics is limited to those on your island. This could be your first mistake. While it is good at converting those on your island, it alienates the rest of the world who comes to visit. Add to this that your prices are below the line - I have to scroll to see them. So you have given priority to the "islandwide" shipping over your prices. I think you should consider what your sales pitch is and who you are pitching it to.

skidkoy, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  16. Artemi

Artemi Peon

Best Answers:
    You can offer some discounts with deadlines (it works perfectly), give some bonuses with product.
    Also, I like do it: As Apple, you concentrate all visitors' attention oly on one product in the category. Make special offer and deadlines.

Artemi, Jul 4, 2012 IP
  17. Testrey

Testrey Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi! Conversion rates do depend much on the platform you chose to provide whatever you’re selling. There is one particularly interesting company called Virgopass which can help you quite a bit with your current problem. They provide personal consultancy and their services includes an audit of your website so that you can optimise your keyword selection and be more visible on Search Engines. Try to check it out on virgopass.com.

If this does not work out for you, your best bet would be to invest a little and get a good content writer. Contentproz.net/ and rghtcopywriter.com/ are worthwhile to check.
    Good luck to you!

Testrey, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  18. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Increase conversion rate, usually people will look on promotion or added value with extra free gift or add on to increase the product value to attract higher conversion rate. But this not a good ways and it can't work for long term .
    To increase conversion rate, you need work out with lot of testing and testing.
    You need to improve the quality of content , and change it to more persuasive and more call to action .
    Make sure they have variable of choices to make payment to convince them . Create easy navigation tools to help visitors to easy search for what they want .
    Provide more support thing toward your product purchase like customers review, prize and award warn before, truste and ssl to increase trust when customer make purchase .
    Every minor change able to help in conversion rate.

JerrickYeoh, Jul 9, 2012 IP