1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Java keyword worth to fight

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by casperl, Nov 18, 2006.

Hi,

My site is in the 25-30th page of Google for the search term "java". That is a nice keyword! 193014 monthly searches estimated by overture.

So far i did not make any aggressive link building effort but i am just thinking to start an aggressive link building effort at least to move to PR7 from PR6.

Do you think this is worth to do it? Can i obtain any position in the second page for this keyword (or it is too competitive)? And can i get most of 193014 monthly searches if i will be in the second page..

Note that my site is a content site having more than 7000 pages indexed. Currently i am getting 6000-7000 unique visitors daily from mostly combinations of java related keywords. My earning is mainly coming from adsense. So i guess the benefit became much better than expected if i became PR7 or in the second search page..

What do you think?

casperl, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  2. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you're at 25 already, you could definitely get into the top 10
    What's your URL?

frankcow, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  3. casperl

casperl Peon

Best Answers:
    No, it is not 25th position, it is ~30th page means ~300th position :)

http://www.java-tips.org

casperl, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  4. frankcow

Best Answers:
    oh, well you could make considerable progress on your Java ranking, but you may want to concentrate your marketing efforts around the long tail of your search queries

5. casperl

casperl Peon

Best Answers:
    Why did you use "could"? Is it too late?

I did not undertand this. What do you mean with long tail? (marketing java related keywords instead of marketing "java" keyword?)

And if you mean that; how can i market related keywords? Do you suggest me to use "struts java" instead of "java" as anchor text? Any other way to suggest?

casperl, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  6. frankcow

Best Answers:
    Phynder likes this.
  7. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Read the article that FrankCow points to - it will help your understand a bit more. You certainly want to have a diversity of keywords associated with your site - like you said - "struts java" or the hot topic "opensource java".

To complicate things, you also want to think about getting links to your inner pages with a diversity of keywords - not just your home page.

Phynder, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  8. frankcow

Best Answers:
    Buy the way, if you'd like to buy links or blog posts, I have a programming blog that would be appropriate ;)

9. Phynder

Best Answers:
    The other reason to diversify your keywords is that "java" has several contexts - a drink - an Island - a programming language. You probably want keywords with the proper context. Yeah, the traffic from search engines is free - but no use in spending a bunch of money optimizing for a keyword that might bring you 30-40% SE traffic for people looking for a drink or an island.

Phynder, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  10. casperl

casperl Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the answers. I already started to read the references you gave..

Thanks frankcow, for now i am concentrating chep ways of promoting like related forum posts with signatures..

And to moderator of Google forum:

Thanks for infraction. But next time please read the message before giving an infraction. My post was directly related to Google. For example i dont care keyword optimization for Yahoo. This is why i posted it to Google forum! The message was appropriate for Keywords forum too but i thought i can get better answers from users in Google forum. Please do your job more carefully at least while giving red infractions.

casperl, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  11. SEOBangkok-Puripong2

SEOBangkok-Puripong2 Guest

Best Answers:
    It's worth to fly. but don't get links too many for each month, also consider another related keywords like "java programming" or "java string" to make all incoming anchor text link look like not spammy. If you get only anchor text come with "java" you may be put lower in your ranking in SE eyes.

SEOBangkok-Puripong2, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  12. casperl

casperl Peon

Best Answers:
    How many links can be considered much?

I will start with promoting on java forums (2-4 forums) with signatures! I am hiring services for this. And i plan to get links (means posts in those forums) 300-500 links per month. Is this too much for this site (Since my site is PR6 and get lots of links from authority sites i guess google will allow me to to this without penalty). Do you agree?

I will have different accounts which are managed by different people in those forums. So while one people will use "java" as anchore texts another will use "Java Tips" or " Java Programming"... Each of these people will post ~100-200 posts per month.

I will also request links from high PRed sites. But i dont think i will get more than 1-2 links from PR6+ sites per month.

casperl, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  13. SEOBangkok-Puripong2

SEOBangkok-Puripong2 Guest

Best Answers:
    Links from forums signature is something counted but not much valued, also get too many forums spam is effect nagative to your site. I think not over 50 links a month from external site (not signature) is good for you, also, please consider to buy blog entry, some with old ages may have some authority in Google eyes and link in contents is better than links alone.

SEOBangkok-Puripong2, Nov 19, 2006 IP
  14. casperl

casperl Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like a good idea.. I will think about this.

casperl, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  15. frankcow

Best Answers:
    hey, if you're looking for cheap ways of promotion, I sell links in the PR4 categories of my web/tech blog for only $2.75/month, can't get much cheaper than that!

frankcow, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  16. casperl

casperl Peon

Best Answers:
    frankcow: Pm me the details please. Also let me know details of post on your programming blog.

casperl, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  17. Cutting Edge

Cutting Edge Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with frankcow, long tail is the way to go. Trying to be too narrow and aggressive in targetting what will most certainly be an immensely difficult keyword to crack by any means, is going to give you little to no scope for long tail.

Plenty of content/long tail articles such as titled: 'Newbie's guide to java', 'What is Java', 'How to use Java' and so forth will help you create a long tail.

Cutting Edge, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  18. Phynder

Best Answers:
    Those are some good ones Cutting Edge - diversity rules!

One place where I get my keywords from are the keywords that people DID use to find my site. If you use AWSTATS or another program that can pull information from your web logs - then you have access to all the keywords that people used to find your site. That is a great place to pull out some ideas.

Phynder, Nov 20, 2006 IP