1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Godaddy Web host

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by clownasd, May 31, 2012.

Hi,guys,now I am going to buy web host,how about godaddy and what is your opinion?

clownasd, May 31, 2012 IP
  2. log0008

log0008 Active Member

Best Answers:
    log0008, May 31, 2012 IP
  3. intuitive

intuitive Active Member

Best Answers:
    famous doesn't mean that they provide the best for all their service. i would suggest you to try the cheap one first, like www.hostingbareng.com
    cheap one doesnt mean that they provide worse service.

intuitive, May 31, 2012 IP
  4. Atif123

Atif123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    godaddy international used, famous as well.

Atif123, May 31, 2012 IP
  5. log0008

log0008 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The above link goes no where

log0008, May 31, 2012 IP
  6. IMGold

IMGold Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Based on my own experience:
    1. godaddy has its own proprietory control panel which is quite cumbersome to use but can get used to it. However, they have too many upsell and gets in your way and annoying.
    They also sells their premium service and can only backup or retrieve your site using ftp.

2. iPage.com - I would rather go with Godaddy

3. Bluehost and Hostmonster - same outfit but different front - hanging on to their old cpanel systems which has issues with its backup features.

4. Hostgator - madly promoted by lots of people becos of the big carrot they are hanging out. the real test came when my client's sites were affected by malwares. What happened? all her sites got blacklisted by google and other searchengines but Hostgator did nothing nor lift a finger to do anything at all.
    Clearly showed Hostgator lacked or total disregard for their customers' sites welfare/security. She asked for their guidance but was told to just shut down all her sites. No mention of offering any assistance.

5. When hosting your valued sites such as money sites= pls dont go for cost -saving with those offering deep discount or dirt cheap. one word here - Untrustworthy. I have clients who hosted with a few of these. Three months down the road, her own site visitors alerted her of three similar sites being offered for sale. YOu get the picture.

6. A good overall quality webhost is one who has security measures in place with warning systems and take immediate action to cure the affected sites on its servers and then notify the site owner. This is your ideal web host.

7. Free webhost ? why risk as mentioned in item 5 above if your sites are of value. You hae heard of people or places selling database by the dozens - where do you think these database come from.
    Not all are bad but there's no guarantee too. Why would anyone want to offer hosting your sites for free for nothing. Too good to be true? what say you?

Last but not least, I always quote this saying, for whatever it's worth to the reader:

" Everyone has a choice
    Every Choice has its consequence"

So, choose wisely with common sense!

Best wishes!

IMGold, May 31, 2012 IP
  7. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't recommend GD for web hosting but for domain registrations they are fine.

micksss, May 31, 2012 IP
  8. Anil Strivastava

Anil Strivastava Peon

Best Answers:
    godaddy well , if they give me 50$ to host any of my sites on their hosting , i will think twice , if they pay me 100$ , will gladly accept :p

Anil Strivastava, May 31, 2012 IP