1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I absolutely HATE Name.com

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by domainloco.net, May 27, 2012.

Used to have hundreds of domains there, not only was the transfer process never successful TO godaddy, but once the name expires, they make it almost impossible to recover the name.

For example:

Compare*****.com - Hand registered by me in 2008
    - Let the domain expire, tried to renew and my credit card kept failing, tried paypal and also failed several times.
    - I waited a few days for support to get to me about the issue, they blamed me, no solution provided.
    - At this point, I was calling them to renew several domains that were expired. No renewals were processed because their site is total garbage.
    - I figured, the name in question isn't really vital and nobody would want it. I'll just backorder at Godaddy later on.
    - Tracked the domain, three weeks later, I see it was renewed and put under private registration.
    - After some investigating, sent an offer through Sedo, found out Name.com owns the domain!

So their pathetic attempts at making more money are really irritating, they hold domains for another year hoping to make $250 per name or more.

They have access to traffic, website, and other information that helps them determine which names to keep and which not to renew.

Either way, they should be reprimanded for this activity. Even though other registrars do the same, it's not okay.

Won't be actively replying to this thread, if any Name.com team members have a issue with this post, you're welcome to send me a pm. It won't be coming down though.

domainloco.net, May 27, 2012 IP
  2. MrKeh

MrKeh Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally use namecheap for all my domain registration. Sucks for what happened to you.

MrKeh, May 27, 2012 IP
  3. domainloco.net

domainloco.net Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am consolidating all my registrations to Godaddy, I just found almost all the domains I had at Name.com are for sale at Sedo with private registration. Asking price of $250 on ALL the names, literally taking names and whoring them out for nothing. It's pathetic.

domainloco.net, May 27, 2012 IP
  4. Coro

Coro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wow I must be careful here, all of my domains registered there.

Coro, May 28, 2012 IP
  5. vbrocks

vbrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sedo is owned by 1and1.
    Ergo: Name.com is owned by 1and1 or affiliated with 1and1 (Schlund and Partners, AG).

vbrocks, May 31, 2012 IP
  6. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    sucks what happened to you, even more so if they are doing this simply to make a quick buck!

matt_62, May 31, 2012 IP
  7. IMGold

IMGold Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Namecheap is my preferred choice but I do maintain my domain account with almost all of the known ones just to facilitate transfers or push whenever I purchase one.

Godaddy is famous for hawking its additional features/services while namecheap does nothing inside the control panel like Godaddy does. In addition, their whois privacy is free for the first year and renewable is cheaper than most others...if not the cheapest.

I used to have lots of my domains with Godaddy but I find their proprietory control panel kind of cumbersome to use as compared to Namecheap - which is more user-friendly.

Give it a try.

Best wishes!

IMGold, May 31, 2012 IP
  8. Anil Strivastava

Anil Strivastava Peon

Best Answers:
    Again :

Very Very Legal Site : Godaddy.com (It will never close down , namecheap is under godaddy , he is the daddy of go domains ) :p

Very Very Honest/Trusted Site : Namecheap.com

Cheers..

Anil Strivastava, May 31, 2012 IP
  9. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Source please?

Dave Zan, May 31, 2012 IP
  10. brandama

brandama Member

Best Answers:
    namesilo.com is much better in prices. name.com has been good to me, but their policy of taking expireds out of your account within days is unscrupulous.

brandama, May 31, 2012 IP
  11. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    what i notice in is godaddy do open some kids website which also sell similar product but their mother company is godaddy .

JerrickYeoh, Jun 5, 2012 IP