1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need guidance in link building with commenting

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by galipellisatyanarayana, May 28, 2012.

I have a site with some Oracle data, books and its news. It has Google PR Rank 1. Now I would like to ask you, can i post a comment on other websites which are not related to oracle topic. If I submit a comment on some technology sites, how to guides sites, mashable, sitepoint, blogging tips sites, make money sites or other wallpapers website with backlink to my oracle website; is it acceptable as valuable backlink to develop my website ranking to get organic traffic as per the Google Penguin Update?

Please guide me.

galipellisatyanarayana, May 28, 2012 IP
  2. galipellisatyanarayana

galipellisatyanarayana Active Member

Best Answers:
    Does it increase the organic traffic to my website by commenting on other niche sites/blogs? Will it be acceptable as per the Google TOS quality guidelines of link building or will they consider as spam? Please confirm.

galipellisatyanarayana, May 28, 2012 IP
  3. jwarnimo

jwarnimo Peon

Best Answers:
    It can increase the traffic to your site, but you want to be careful you dont spam people your link. Some places allow a signature which is great if people like what you posted and want to see your site, but I wouldnt recommend just plugging your site in all your comments as it will be seen as spam. Google will find it acceptable if you follow the guidelines of each site, but like Hari said, it still wont increase your page rank, it will just possibly increase the traffic to your site. The only way to get a link that will increase pagerank on a blog would be to guest post. In that case you have to be invited by the webmaster. So maybe try to contact some smaller, yet credible blogs that are relevant to your site and see if they like your content and might want to have you guest post.

jwarnimo, May 29, 2012 IP
  4. galipellisatyanarayana

galipellisatyanarayana Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the guidance. I have a list of around 300 dofollow technology and internet topics related websites. I planned to post a comment on those sites. But you said, it will increase the traffic but not the rank and also there will be an issue with google.

So leaving it and will search for the niche small blogs owners to make a guest post. It is hard to find like these sites.

galipellisatyanarayana, May 30, 2012 IP
  5. multiplecloud-zid

multiplecloud-zid Member

Best Answers:
    Find blog with related with specific niche and comment with your real word. Do not spam.

multiplecloud-zid, May 30, 2012 IP
  6. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Spamming (blog comments for the purpose of a link) won't help you gain trust with Google, especially if the relevancy is low to non-existent. It's a very specific niche. I feel like I am repeating myself, but spending some time (oh yes, such a big effort) just even reading 10 posts on SEOmoz's blogs (YOUmoz and the main blog) will give you some ways of gaining higher quality backlinks than spamming blog comments.

ryan_uk, May 30, 2012 IP
  7. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, sure, go ahead and spam other websites... rest assured others will return the favour and spam your site as well... good luck

praetserge, May 30, 2012 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  8. searchesuk

searchesuk Peon

Best Answers:
    For that you must do blog commenting in to high page rank do follow blog sites. mostly in .edu sites.

searchesuk, May 31, 2012 IP
  9. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, obviously spamming is a great idea. Not only because it's lame, but also Google Penguin and Panda love to be fed.

</sarcasm>

ryan_uk, May 31, 2012 IP
  10. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Backlink is still backlink, it will definately help on SEO if your comment is quality comment
    Just remember that never spamming

lifeplayer, May 31, 2012 IP
  11. wirahadik

wirahadik Peon

Best Answers:
    Links for non related website will be counted as low quality links, links from related website but low pr is better than non related one, & links from related websites + high pr is the best for your seo.

wirahadik, May 31, 2012 IP
  12. bluebenz

bluebenz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As you mention dofollow, I'm sure you know how to check do and nofollow links.
    But today it's a little bit hard to find a quality backlink using blog commenting.

bluebenz, Jun 1, 2012 IP