1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Servint vs. WiredTree vs. Liquidweb

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Shboul5, May 17, 2012.

?

Servint vs. WiredTree vs. LiquidWeb

Poll closed Jun 1, 2012.
  1. Servint

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. WiredTree

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. LiquidWeb

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. They are all the same

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    I'm buying a vps account at one of these companies, which one do you think is better? better customer service? better uptime? share your experience plz

Shboul5, May 17, 2012 IP
  2. MarkElse101

MarkElse101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ive always had a good experience with Servint and always get good support from them and in the 6 months I have been with them I have not suffered any downtime.

not sure about the others but servint also create daily backups of your VPS

MarkElse101, May 17, 2012 IP
  3. samilakosala

samilakosala Member

Best Answers:
    samilakosala, May 23, 2012 IP
  4. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    I've been using Servint for 1 year and a half now. No complain except praises for their good job. Using their managed VPS is as easy as using shared hosting.

I only contact their support in the 1st few days after purchasing their VPS. Not contacting them anymore since then. :)

dynashox, May 29, 2012 IP
  5. PhillTheChill

PhillTheChill Active Member

Best Answers:
    Used ServInt and WiredTree as well as KnownHost and Future Hosting and out of all 4 Future Hosting is the best as they will support third party scrips and configerations e.g. Nginx.

PhillTheChill, May 30, 2012 IP
  6. Dj.c

Dj.c Peon

Best Answers:
    May consider to go with LiquidWeb and Servint, as I saw there is few positive review from WHT too.

Dj.c, Jun 1, 2012 IP
  7. JFSG

JFSG Active Member

Best Answers:
    All 3 companies are well established with stellar reputation. I doubt you will go wrong with them.

JFSG, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  8. empservices

empservices Peon

Best Answers:
    My 1st company was servint, they have been around for quite some time. I remember their biggest hiccup was when they still had only one cable running to their datacenter and some construction workers cut it. It made news all over the place (They have added redundant cabling by now) . I had VPSs with both wired tree and liquidweb, both were stable and fast. As for cost you probably listed the top 3 as far as cost goes.

As a disclaimer I have cancelled my services with all three and moved onto cheaper suppliers as they were too expensive for personal projects. As far as reliability and support they were all top notch.

All three companies would get a reccomendation for a reliable hosting.

empservices, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  9. eurojack

eurojack Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I hosted twice with WiredTree (my reviews are on WHT but I don't want to advertize) and if there's ever need again for a VPS I'll definitely go with them. Their support it second to none and for $50/month I don't see a better deal. LiquidWeb is a level higher, WHT is also hosting with them but that doesn't mean their service is better. I've never heard of ServInt before but I've read some bad reviews on WHT from February. This isn't the most appropriate board to post such a question, to be honest, WHT is a better place to find a good reliable web host. I don't know where you're from but have you considered Hetzner?

eurojack, Jun 4, 2012 IP
  10. electroze

electroze Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had LiquidWeb for 5 years on a $200/mo dedicated 'managed' server and I can say that they completely ripped me off. Here's reasons to avoid them:

They reason I chose them was because they said they managed the server, but after 5 years with them and spending more than $10,000 USD, I learned they didn't manage it at all. They simply had some software called Sonor Monitoring that they said managed it. But it didn't really manage it, because once they had a drive get corrupted on their server and my site went down for several days and their monitoring or a human being never told me or noticed it. That would be unacceptable even if I was paying for a $5/mo shared hosting account, but as for the thousands I paid, it was unthinkable. My cpanel and php version were also ancient. They never upgraded it, though they claimed it was managed.

But that wasn't the downtime. A day here couple days here, never with any warning or explanation as to why (except for me learning for the failed drive instance). They messed up my SSL certificate and it had errors everytime I logged into cpanel for the last 3 years.

The dedicated server was also an old pentium 4 box, which was slower than a dinosaur.

Since moving to a shared host, it's faster and more reliable. So, I paid $10,000+ to Liquid Web for virtually no reason: a managed server they never managed.

electroze, Jun 5, 2012 IP
  11. THPubs

THPubs Member

Best Answers:
    Servint is horrible! Can't cancel at any time... Have a weird way of charging us... I had to pay for extra 2 months trying to cancel my account! Stay away from them!

THPubs, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  12. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    avoid liquid web.

Only because im sick of seeing their ads everywhere.

havnt tried the others you mentioned, however i give a thumbs up to kazila.com, mylovevps.com and (for a backup server) sshvm.com

matt_62, Jun 15, 2012 IP