1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Google Algo section

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by J.P, May 28, 2012.

idea: Create another sub-section within google for all algo questions / spam threads.

It seems people either post about the G algo in the google forum or the seo forum and with there being so many the place is looking my office (very messy.. honest I never tidy it). As G is bringing out more updates with more mass effect on sites could be worth having it's own section for the thoughts/conspiracy theories to go rather than clog up various other forums?

J.P, May 28, 2012 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A algorithm section would be nice if it was used to *actually* discuss Google algorithms and NOT people's sites... Which I suspect is what it would turn into... "OMG my site is lost after Google changed their algorithm!"

digitalpoint, May 28, 2012 IP
  3. HostPlanz

HostPlanz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, that's what moderation is for, right? Every section and every idea is susceptible to abuse I believe.

HostPlanz, May 28, 2012 IP
  4. J.P

J.P Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good job people don't do that in other sections ;)

J.P, May 28, 2012 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well right... I just meant more along the lines of how many of the existing Google algorithm threads are *not* about someone's site... I guess I should skim through them and see if there's enough to support it's own section.

digitalpoint, May 28, 2012 IP
  6. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It's nice in theory, but wouldn't work, even with moderation. Just look at the spamfest in the SEO-Google-Link Development categories and it would just be a fourth with the same (there's the less-frequented SEO section under reviews). Just give them all tinfoil hats, it might keep them quiet for a while.

ryan_uk, May 28, 2012 IP
  7. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Save yourself some time. They are mostly about someone's site, or just paranoid people sulking/crying because their spamming is no longer of value.

ryan_uk, May 28, 2012 IP
  8. J.P

J.P Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've not checked and I would guess you are correct but it's the same with all the google forums... it's always about a person's website and as it's not cleaned up much it would be helpful to move all the algo ones to a sub section which will help clean up the google / seo sections a bit.

If there was enough active mod's it would not be an issue as they could be merged / deleted where needed but there is'nt so it's a viable option at the moment.. well at least to me. Can't say I'm bothered either way was was just a idea to help 'try' and clean up a wee bit.

J.P, May 28, 2012 IP
  9. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    The SEO section would clean up by itself very easily if the people posting realised DP is nofollow and their crappy signature links won't show when logged out.

But I agree with you, it would be nice to move this trash out of the way. I guess most of these boring threads should be in the SEO reviews section.

ryan_uk, May 28, 2012 IP