1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am trying to go from 32 bit Vista to 64 bit Windows 7.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Complete, May 5, 2012.

I am trying to go from 32 bit Vista to 64 bit Windows 7.

The 32 bit Vista was installed by mistake. My system can handle a 64 bit OS. Now I have finally found the time to upgrade. But the 64 bit intallation DVD can't be read from my OS. Any Advice?

Do I need to boot from that DVD drive? Will that work?

Complete, May 5, 2012 IP
  2. arthur88

arthur88 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The best idea is to make your pc workable just format and install fresh OS of windows 7 64 bit, as it will not affect any further issues with your pc.

If you really need to upgrade from vista 32 to win 7, you need to istall it from gui i mean start your computer and starts installation from windows not from boot menu.

arthur88, May 22, 2012 IP
  3. Cola56

Cola56 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, the 64 bit os DVD can't be read on 32 bit OS, actually, boot from DVD drive is the best choice for you update your OS from 32 bit Vista to 64 bit Win 7.

Cola56, May 28, 2012 IP
  4. Fedricwalls

Fedricwalls Peon

Best Answers:
    If your keyboard is USB, make sure and verify first that your keyboard and mouse are enabled and not disabled. Then movie for the further and proceed to boot from the DVD as you are trying to do.

Fedricwalls, Jun 4, 2012 IP
  5. Nawshale

Nawshale Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi,

I strongly agree with Cola56.
    its much easier to boot OS in DVD drives.
    You can go reformat right away if you want to and your other drives wont get some issues.

If you are planning to UPGRADE only, just boot the cd/dvd in your computer. No need to restart and go to the boot menu in the startup. ;)

Nawshale, Dec 6, 2012 IP