1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to break into making money online?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Surreptitious, May 24, 2012.

Well, I'm nineteen years old. I have fairly bad social anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder. So I'd like to make money from the home. How do I break into this market? I'm not even sure where or how to begin. Do I need to have a website in order to make money? Thank you...

Surreptitious, May 24, 2012 IP
  2. kc33

kc33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Pick a niche in wealth, health or relationships. Find an affiliate product to promote via a platform like clickbank. Then get a free site like wordpress or blogger. Drive traffic to your affiliate link via article marketing, video marketing. That's how I would start anyway

kc33, May 25, 2012 IP
  3. dmarkers

dmarkers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, Kc33 pretty much said it in its purest form... But you do need to do some research as to how to do it all.. It is not really that complicated if you make sure not to complicate things...

One thing i will say though is implement as fast as humanly possible and don't wait...

dmarkers, May 25, 2012 IP
  4. Gale10

Gale10 Peon

Best Answers:

You know what? One of the best pieces of advice I discovered/got when I started out is that nearly everything you need to know is on YouTube. Seriously. Need to know how to set up your own wordpress site? YouTube. Need to find out about hosting? YouTube.

Here are somethings that you shouldn't do. I have done most or even all of these; I am not having a go at anyone here.

1. Do not believe anyone who says they have a push button method to make money.

2. Do not believe anyone who tells you that they have discovered a no-work way to make money.

3. Never read a sales page and buy a product. Always wait 24 hours, and go back and see if you still think it is a good idea.

4. Before you buy a product, go and find some honest reviews. People will say that manure is good if they get a commission. Find a place like here or Warrior Forum and find some decent reviews.

5. Check the name of the person presenting the information. What are the reviews on them personally?

6. Remember no matter what people say, they will only give you your money back if they have to. I personally believed Alex Jefferys when he said that I could have my money back if I didn't make the cost of the course by the end of it, which was on his sales page. When I asked for the money back he told me that my guarantee had run out from Clickbank so he wasn't obligated to refund my money. Cost me $500.

7. Don't think that you need to keep buying stuff to be successful. It is really easy to get on with a project and then be distracted by something else. It's known as shiny object syndrome. We all just get attracted because, well, that new project looks so much better, easier, more fun, more lucrative.

8. Don't forget, a website will take about six to eight weeks to settle into it's position in Google. Don't believe anyone who promises you that they can get you ranked quicker than that. The fact is that Google will shuffle your site around, known as the Google Dance, for about 6-8 weeks. After that it might settle down. Might.

9. You can write about stuff that you think is lucrative, that you know is lucrative, that other people tell you is lucrative. But nothing is easier than writing about what you know. You could write about mental health issues, since you suffer from some of them. One in three people are affected by mental health issues, so people are looking for information on this.

10. If it seems to good to be true, then it probably is.

I wish you all the best in your endeavours. Pick something, anything, stick at for six months. Stay focused. You could do really well.

Ruth

Last edited: May 25, 2012
    Gale10, May 25, 2012 IP
    Gimmerank likes this.
  5. genieswish

genieswish Member

Best Answers:
    I have known anxiety and panic attacks, you must have really suffered - why don't you blog about your own personal journey? you could set up on blogger until you find your feet. blogging about something you have a passion for or empathy with is usually the way to go. if your blog is successful you could then promote some self help books, or homeopathic remedies, etc from amazon. good luck with your journey :)

genieswish, May 25, 2012 IP
  6. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Active Member

Best Answers:
    Since you are new, begin with affiliate marketing so that you can learn the basics of traffic, web design, marketing, product conversion and start to gain contacts in the industry.

BlackIrish, May 25, 2012 IP
  7. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its easier said then done...unless you are an expert in seo, traffic, marketing, design, article writer, then it is going
    to be tough...nothing is impossible, but very tough, you can setup the best design in the world, but if you cant
    get traffic, then your great design does not mean very much, then becomes outdated...there is a lot more to
    this, then just setting up a blog, then hoping you get some traffic...money making is very competitive....
    no matter what you decide on, there are many 1000's of people already doing it...

Sorry, I am not going to sugar coat anything for you...its going to be very tough, and time consuming....

dscurlock, May 25, 2012 IP
  8. uniqueinvest

uniqueinvest Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of free programs on the net that will allow you to earn some money... You can do tasks, offers, paid to click programs, etc. In order to make these programs work for you start building referrals in these free programs and before you know it, you can start earning a very nice income. I hope this helps....

uniqueinvest, May 25, 2012 IP
  9. briantymes

briantymes Peon

Best Answers:
    Something you should understand is that regardless what anyone tells you... it is going to take hard work and dedication if you want to make money online. You should also realize that it could end up taking you months to start earning. Don't get me wrong, this can be very profitable... but it may take a while for you to become successful. Having said that, there are a lot of programs and ebooks out there that can provide you with all the information you need. You just have to find something that provides you with all the information you need because many programs will leave out a lot of information. Look for real reviews about any program or ebook from people who have used them successfully.

briantymes, May 25, 2012 IP
  10. imgeek2727

imgeek2727 Peon

Best Answers:
    Pick your niche, there's loads out there. Do some research in the niche. Then create a wordpress site about that niche. Sign up for affiliates and CPA networks in that niche. Put the offers etc, on your site. Use social media and PPC campaigns to drive targetted traffic to your site.

imgeek2727, May 26, 2012 IP
  11. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    First thing is you should research different ways to make money...blogging, affiliate marketing, list building, selling products, niche sites...see which one fits you best. good luck! :)

ninjamtlt1, May 27, 2012 IP
  12. Isuru

Isuru Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, here is a small idea, learn programming, it won't easy but start learning small. And you may get the return value in less than two years, that's what I do.

Isuru, May 27, 2012 IP
  13. raedaf2002

raedaf2002 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you need guarantee money... check here
    www.tinyurl.com/moneyfortune

raedaf2002, May 27, 2012 IP
  14. ross21

ross21 Peon

Best Answers:
    All these methods are great in the other posts but if you want someone to show you how to go about it all, then you should check out my friend Chris Farrell's website. He has videos on everything and explains it all and demonstrates step-by-step various ways of starting your online career. He has been voted the no.1 Internet Marketing Service by IM Report Card and has a great rep. That's where i started about 6 months ago and i've made some money already. Just my opinion but you won't regret it. :cool:

ross21, May 28, 2012 IP
  15. MaggieDavid

MaggieDavid Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel for you, but you can do a lot from home. If you would like to PM me, I can maybe help further...

MaggieDavid, May 29, 2012 IP
  16. wcompton38

wcompton38 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The best thing that you can do is read. And then read some more. Read everything that you can read about the various methods (blogging, writing, affiliate marketing, etc) of making money online. When you feel that you have read enough, pick one method and stick with it. Give yourself some time to see if you can make it work. If you can't then move on to another method. It isn't easy or quick but if you want to succeed, you will.

wcompton38, May 29, 2012 IP
  17. rith

rith Member

Best Answers:
    You can also make a website by using domain name and choose keyword properly for SEO.

rith, May 29, 2012 IP
  18. ignmmulia

ignmmulia Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Surreptitious,

There are some chances of making money online. One of them is through affiliate marketing. One of the biggest marketplace is Clickbank. There are some people who have earned more than $100,000 per month becoming affiliate here. You may visit the link below to learn about making money on Clickbank.

Click Here To Earn $100,000 Every Month On Auto Pilot

Best Regards,
    ignmmulia

ignmmulia, May 30, 2012 IP
  19. ignmmulia

ignmmulia Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Surreptitious,

There are some chances of making money online. One of them is through affiliate marketing. One of the biggest marketplace is Clickbank. There are some people who have earned more than $100,000 per month becoming affiliate here. You may visit the link below to learn about making money on Clickbank.

Click Here To Earn $100,000 Every Month On Auto Pilot

Best Regards,
    ignmmulia

ignmmulia, May 30, 2012 IP
  20. imgeek2727

imgeek2727 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, learning freelancing skills like programming and graphic design can pay off big time. It won't take you longer than a year before you start getting clients emailing you and asking you for work.

imgeek2727, May 30, 2012 IP