1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Longtail keywords and competition

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ZenSEO, May 22, 2012.

Hello to you all,

I'm recently working on SEO for a webshop. When i'm searching in Google Adwords to find the best longtail keywords it seems like most of the longtail keywords i want to use have a high competition. If i go more specific on them Google shows me no search volume. Is it be possible that the longtail keywords are mostley high in competition when you're searching in a specific kinda area and you just need to pay ...or am i searching on the wrong terms?

Kind regards,
    ZenSEO

Last edited: May 22, 2012
    ZenSEO, May 22, 2012 IP
  2. MyDewdrops

MyDewdrops Peon

Best Answers:
    U can also try out wordtracker and hitail to get some really interesting long tail keywords... Plus go for pattern selection... i mean identify a pattern related to your niche and then append words with it and get SV mix and match of words can help you get some reall good long tail keywords.

Hint hint!! make full use of concatenate function in excel :)

MyDewdrops, May 22, 2012 IP
  3. ZenSEO

ZenSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there some free software on the market to find longtail keywords?

When i try to find a pattern and ad words Google quick seems to have no search volume for it. It looks like you have to deal with a Google Adwords Campagne on the most popular longtail keywords ...or to be used as a tool for other sites with less relevant keywords (for a non commercial use) ...and the get links from those!

ZenSEO, May 22, 2012 IP
  4. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    WEll first of all don't rely on Google's keyword tool alone...it's not accurate at all. Use wordtracker instead...I'm sure they get more saerches than Google's lettin on :)

ninjamtlt1, May 22, 2012 IP
  5. seotrafficsearch

seotrafficsearch Peon

Best Answers:
    Guess you are hitting the wrong keywords! While making efforts to make a keyword a long tailed one, i guess you are using the wrong word combination. Try googling the long tail keywords so that you can have an idea of closely related perfect search.

seotrafficsearch, May 22, 2012 IP
  6. delton yell

delton yell Peon

Best Answers:
    go for wordstream.com to discover longtail keywords

delton yell, May 22, 2012 IP
  7. valen123

valen123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Long tail keywords are the longer, more specific keywords that are less common, individually, but add up to account for the majority of search-driven traffic.

Long tail keywords are the opposite of "head" terms, which are more popular or more frequently searched on. For example, "fish tanks" is a head term, but "compare prices whisper aquarium filters" is a long-tail keyword.

valen123, May 23, 2012 IP
  8. ZenSEO

ZenSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    This may seem as a real beginners question ...and in a certain way i am if it comes to SEO! But if i put in 3 words in a row using the keyword tool from Google Adwords it gives me no info (seach volume etc.) whatsoever! When i'm searching for it in Google i get 13.000.000 results with relevant websites in the top ...so that's real funny! Do i need to place every single word on a new line when using the keyword tool in Google Adwords and then later put them toghether in one row when placing them in the META? Because the words seperatly seem to have usefull info and they are having high, normal and a low competition. :)

Kind regards,
    ZenSEO

Last edited: May 23, 2012
    ZenSEO, May 23, 2012 IP
  9. mayankgangwal

mayankgangwal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There a competaiton on long tail keywords. Infact some long tail has more searches and competation then single keywords. May be you are not searching for the correct keyword.

mayankgangwal, May 23, 2012 IP
  10. SarahMcCrary

SarahMcCrary Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Long tail keywords might have high competition but they are low on searches in most of the cases. Even if the competition is high and you want to target them only, they are easy to get ranked. Do quality submission in high PR websites only and your keyword will be on top.

SarahMcCrary, May 23, 2012 IP
  11. ZenSEO

ZenSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    @SarahMcCrary

So what you're saying is ...if you're searching for longtail keywords dont pay attention to the competition on those words?
    Only if you're starting a Google Adwords Campagne on the short tail keywords?

ZenSEO, May 23, 2012 IP
  12. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it depends on you what you are considering as high competition. Usually long tail keywords have less competition. But I would advise you use ‘Keyword Country’ to check the profitability of long tai keywords... It helps you in choosing the best keywords for the campaign

C.Rebecca, May 23, 2012 IP