1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Did wp cause my drop in SERPS

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by cj1223, May 20, 2012.

Ukratom.com was on page 10 for the keyword kratom. Ok then I been trying to add a blog you can see at ukratom.com slash kratom_blog. You can see I have a standard theme. I read that having promoted theme or something can hurt you in google.

I'm trying to figure out if maybe that caused the drop from page 10 to no we're to be found or was it the fiver gig I payed for? It was suppose to give me 500 links over a period of a week. And it was suppose to be natural looking.

You prob will say it was the gig I agree but the guy who does it swares it wasn't his gig. Please help if you can.

cj1223, May 20, 2012 IP
  2. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You may have fell victim to the recent Penguin update which targeted web spam, including poor quality backlinks with no anchor variation. What type of fiverr gig did you purchase? I'd need some more information to give you a more accurate explanation.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, May 20, 2012 IP
  3. tazmart

tazmart Peon

Best Answers:
    When something like that suddenly happens you should always look at whatever it was you did right before it happened. In this case it must have been those backlinks, after all, 500 natural looking links in about a week doesn't seem very 'natural' to me, and I'm sure it didn't look right to Google's Penguin either. Obviously, that guy would say it wasn't his fault, wouldn't he?

tazmart, May 20, 2012 IP
    bstenz likes this.
  4. cj1223

cj1223 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea I agree with you tazmart. What would you suggest I do? The only thingi don't get s one f my competition is only 6 months old and he has told me he gets thousands of links. And I've looked at type of links he gots and there ll crapy blog comment spam and stuff. He ranks very well.

I want to recover fom this some how

cj1223, May 20, 2012 IP
  5. bstenz

bstenz Member

Best Answers:
    I couldn't agree more. The Penguin update targets this type of link building and penalizes sites for this. Its always best to create your own backlinks.

bstenz, May 20, 2012 IP
  6. locke815

locke815 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you may have been a Penguin victim rather than wp. Avoid keyword stuffing that looks spammy will do.

locke815, May 20, 2012 IP
  7. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Chances are the fiverr gig did it. My sites that were promoted with those sorts of backlinks and stuff from shady dudes on oDesk all have been de-indexed.

freelancewebaz, May 20, 2012 IP
  8. Lalamaple

Lalamaple Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lalamaple, May 20, 2012 IP
  9. cj1223

cj1223 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If its panda penguin update then it's still the fiverr gig. Cuz the site is only 2 months old and was ranking page 10 just prier to the gig.

Now I need to know what to do. Will removing the links help? Did you do anything about it freelance?

cj1223, May 21, 2012 IP
  10. HostPlanz

HostPlanz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your last fiverr gig was concerning back links it could have been that.

HostPlanz, May 21, 2012 IP
  11. bogs

bogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try to improve your site content it must be fresh and unique and create more quality backlinks, avoid using black hat techniques.

bogs, May 23, 2012 IP