1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

spam blog comments

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by mariailyas, May 17, 2012.

i started my blog just recently. http://www.bringingupachild.com and i am getting many many blog comments on it. i have not yet approved them since i think they are spam comments submitted by people for seo purposes. however, they are good comments like "good blog" etc etc. can anyone tell me if i should approve those comments or trash them? will blog comments give any benefit to the site?

mariailyas, May 17, 2012 IP
  2. androidfever

androidfever Peon

Best Answers:
    disable your wp comment system, and use only facebook comment system. i think wp default comment is full with spammer

androidfever, May 17, 2012 IP
  3. benjaminp

benjaminp Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Install the akismet plugin, that should pickup the majority of spam comments. Keep your comments approval only as you have currently, and personally I'd only accept comments that actually try and converse on the subject of the article you've wrote and not random ones like "cool blog", "what platform is this blog using?", "I like your site, which theme is it using?" ect ect

benjaminp, May 17, 2012 IP
  4. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What I do, is just imagine that I'm a blog reader. If you read the comment aloud, and it sounds fake, then don't post it. "Good blog" doesn't necessarily sound fake, so having those comments could probably boost your social proof. Good luck! :)

ninjamtlt1, May 19, 2012 IP
  5. seafrontsteve

seafrontsteve Peon

Best Answers:
    Install and activate Akismet as advised by benjaminp
    Then also install a captcha plugin - that should cut out most of the automated nonsense comments, like 'good blog', which add absolutely no value to your site and should be trashed.

seafrontsteve, May 19, 2012 IP
  6. PaulSch

PaulSch Active Member

Best Answers:
    Comments like "good blog" are not good comments, they are spam left by people too lazy or too stupid to leave a proper comment who are hoping to get a backlink. One good plugin is "block top spammers" which will block any comment from the spammer´s IP.
    Also this type of comment all over your blog makes it look as though you don´t care and so makes you look bad too.

PaulSch, May 19, 2012 IP
  7. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    Avoid spams it will hurt your blog terribly!!

ContentVisionz, May 22, 2012 IP
  8. netaddict41

netaddict41 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you allow spam just because you are 'hungry' for comments, then what will your blog look like to the public?

So don't approve it and just approve relevant comments that came from people who have read your blog.

netaddict41, May 22, 2012 IP
  9. locke815

locke815 Peon

Best Answers:
    utilize your akismet

locke815, May 22, 2012 IP
  10. kyriousrobert

kyriousrobert Peon

Best Answers:
    you should thrash them they are generic comments coming from softwares,they just want to optimized their blog ranking in the serp i also receive 50 comments like that praising me in high heavens for coming out a blog like this

kyriousrobert, May 25, 2012 IP