1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have an email list. Now what?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by catrobbery, May 14, 2012.

I know the basics of email marketing now.

I need to know 2 things:

1. How to gain trust from subs so they read my emails more.

How to I get a higher open rate? How do I get my subs to like me more and to view what I have to show them more?

2. Mailing schedule

Based on your experience, what is a good schedule I should follow for maximum profit?

For example: Freebies every 3 days, product every 2 weeks etc.

Please dont leave short or useless replies.

Thanks!

catrobbery, May 14, 2012 IP
  2. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have a website? Or are you directing traffic to a squeeze page?

1. How to gain trust from subs so they read my emails more.

How to I get a higher open rate? How do I get my subs to like me more and to view what I have to show them more?

Its starts with the subject line in your e-mail come up with good titles so people will click. You need to develop a relationship with them.. offer them value (free tips, a short video, ect).. hell provide your e-mail if they need help.. if they see that you respond back then that is a plus.. make a survey find out what people want.. based on that survey send them what they want..

I would have a balance of providing value and "pitch".. it depends that is why you need to develop a relationship.. people buy from people they trust.. abviously don't pitch pitch pitch.. people will unsubcribe fast they will think is spam..hope this helps..

kb24, May 14, 2012 IP
  3. WeCreateCash

WeCreateCash Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest it depends on how you got the subs. Freebie or did they buy something? Also what is the nature of your site? Is it an ecommerce store or a blog with content. Some lists you can pound everyday with nothing but special offers and discounts for more products. Others you have to be an authority and provide content, advice, and then recommendation (your product or affiliate product) in that order. It depends on the type of list you've built.

WeCreateCash, May 14, 2012 IP
  4. catrobbery

catrobbery Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have a splash page promoting a freebie, which is soething I should have mentioned

catrobbery, May 14, 2012 IP
  5. Sophia Myles

Sophia Myles Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Simple answer to be: provide quality content and maintain a good sender reputation. Long answer as following:

- Subject line: 35~50 characters; important content goes first; using personalization and urgency when necessary
    - Content: always provide what your subs want. Gather data simply through asking around, researching competitors, giving out questionnaires, testing, etc.. Use correct spelling and grammar, and keep an appropriate length.
    - Graphics & Images: avoid heavy usage of graphics and images since most of the email servers block them automatically. make sure what you subs see are not something ugly when images are not displayed.
    - From Address: your from address is most likely to be your company name or brand, which means you need to leave a positive impression on your subs even before you send to them. If you're not so confident on your brand, try different from addresses to see if this can help improve your open rate.

Hope this is not a short or useless reply~ :p

Sophia Myles, May 15, 2012 IP
  6. geeks4share

geeks4share Active Member

Best Answers:
    All you have to do, write awesome attention grabbing subjects for your email(This should help you - 5 Ideas to write perfect subjects or titles). Then, send it to your subscribers, make sure you're annoying them - like don't send too many mails or don't send worthless mails.

geeks4share, May 15, 2012 IP
  7. Gale10

Gale10 Peon

Best Answers:
    As an email reader, I can honestly say the things I hate more than anything are:

* Emails that provide me with no real value

* Emails that tell a (supposedly) engaging story and it ends up to be selling something

* Emails that come too frequently - which is more than about once a week for me. Although for mini-courses I accept that they might come more frequently.

There are some emails that I always open and they are the ones from marketers I genuinely like, that have shown me that they are capable of providing value, ones that have answered any questions I might have had previously. Since your list is how you are intending to earn money, you need to respect and treat the people on that list very well indeed.

And quite important is not to be rude to them, such as say..............telling them not to say anything that is too short or useless!

Ruth

Gale10, May 15, 2012 IP
  8. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not set in stone. But provide more free, helpful content than you do actual selling. Free stuff is good for building trust. The frequency is not set in stone either, but def. not every day. But i'm not expert. Good luck :) Also, show ur own personality, don't try to copy everyone else :)

ninjamtlt1, May 15, 2012 IP
  9. actress69

actress69 Peon

Best Answers:
    1. How to gain trust from subs so they read my emails more- Use very attractive titles for your emails to get a high open rate
    2. Mailing schedule- freebie- every 3 days ,product- once a week

actress69, May 16, 2012 IP
  10. nancy long

nancy long Peon

Best Answers:
    i have an ecommence site which sales the monitoring software online. i want to know how to make the original and effective contect or ariticles. it is very important for becoming a productive site and getting more order.

nancy long, May 16, 2012 IP
  11. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get a good copywriter to write the email newsletter, which will appeal to the target audience.

dnk, May 16, 2012 IP
  12. Arjianwen

Arjianwen Peon

Best Answers:
    Do yu have an email list or emails in any system like aweber or getrresponse?

Arjianwen, May 16, 2012 IP
  13. uoftenwinny

uoftenwinny Peon

Best Answers:
    Attractive title should be the key to get good open rate. Or tell the email address ownners what your email is mainly about. I think some of them will be interested in and open the email.
    It's better to send email seperated, because you send all of them once, effect will not as good as you expect. It's better to do it by several times.

uoftenwinny, May 17, 2012 IP
  14. eman1

eman1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Be sure to provide valuable content or training on a regular basis for those on your list. As you build a relationship with your list you can also market good products to them.

eman1, May 17, 2012 IP
  15. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    Congrats on building a list -- the money really is in the list.

I have yet to start my own list but I will soon! Anyways best tips I can give is from someone who is on a bunch of list .

First --- Leave emotions out of your emails. I got an email about 2 weeks ago with the title " My grandmother is in a coma" I was pissed and shocked because it was an internet marketing email that ending with some kind of lame offer. I unsubscribed and sent the writer a letter explaining how sad and uncalled for that letter really was.

Next -- ask your readers what they want to know. Using surveys is a great way to get into the mind of your list so that you can help them. The idea is for you to help them right? -- of course it is!

Next -- Keep the selling and offers to a minimum and offer more advice then sales. Make sure when you sale something it actually goes with your niche market and that your readers will enjoy it.

Lastly - don't drive your list crazy. You don't have to email daily like many webmasters do. Instead keep your list unique and fun and people will actually look forward to reading them. Be sure to thank them for being on your list and remain polite at all times.

Best of luck and congrats again! :)

sweetcrabhoney18, May 18, 2012 IP
  16. GradeAMoney

GradeAMoney Peon

Best Answers:
    Are your subscribers confirmed two form lead opt ins? I've noticed a BIG difference between confirmed opt ins and unconfirmed opt ins. The unconfirmed subscribers are usually no good.

GradeAMoney, May 18, 2012 IP
  17. nancy long

nancy long Peon

Best Answers:
    which means email markering?

nancy long, May 18, 2012 IP
  18. amyduidui

amyduidui Peon

Best Answers:

amyduidui, May 18, 2012 IP
  19. ambitious29

ambitious29 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can also check out Frank Kern's product called "List Control". Use it at your own risk, I'm just giving you an idea.

ambitious29, May 19, 2012 IP
  20. seafrontsteve

seafrontsteve Peon

Best Answers:
    An easy and free strategy is to sign up to as many lists of 'experts' in your niche.
    Don't copy their content.
    But get ideas about latest useful content, style of email titles (particularly any that catch your eye and make you open them) and how often they mail offers or just good information.

Copying what successful experts do is a great way to get started.
    The only thing to be careful about is not trying to offer products or services that are too expensive for the credibility you have with your list.
    The experts may make $97, $997 or even more expensive offers, but it's probably best to start making offers to your list at $7 to $17 and build up from there.

seafrontsteve, May 19, 2012 IP