1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

You can no longer make big money on Adsense unless you are on YouTube

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Vel, May 18, 2012.

This is what it seems like now unless you have a successful youtube channel or insane traffic to your blog/website, because people have gotten so ad blind to the adsense ads that they will rarely click it, Adsense has been out for years already and people are familiar with them or they installed an ad blocking system to block them from showing.

What do you guys think are people blind to adsense now?

Vel, May 18, 2012 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    More and more yes, but at the same time you have so many more web users, internet population is still growing. Of course in the western countries the growth has slowed down since it is now so high..

But your statement is very vague, what do you call big money and what do you call insane traffic.. Because I still make about 99.9% of my earnings via sites/blogs, the rest from youtube :)

JamesColin, May 18, 2012 IP
  3. Vel

Vel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Insane traffic would be like 100k views or more a day, and big money I would think is anywhere beyond $500 bucks a day.

You are a pro though James, you know must know a lot about SEO and for a low level guy who has trouble understand SEO, its getting tough to make money especially because of the Google panda and penguin updates making it harder and harder to rank consistently or gain traffic.

I have to work two jobs now, and rarely have time to work on my webiste and practically gave up because its not worth the time I put in making articles only to earn a measely 25 cents a day now, before I was earning good money and thought I could survive of my websites but I was wrong the updates killed my traffic and earnings :(

Vel, May 19, 2012 IP
  4. Shahar

Shahar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't agree, even tough this is a massive site you can still "make big money" with Adsense. It's like saying the sandwiches are dead after the invention of Hybrid cars.

Shahar, May 19, 2012 IP
  5. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    OK, those are big figures indeed and it means a very reasonnable RPM at $5 for 1,000 ad impressions. So the part that bothers you is only the traffic. If you get 10,000 ad impressions then you get $50 a day, that's fair I think.
    Are you sure on Youtube it's any different? Do you think it's easy to get a $5 RPM with videos? Well perhaps, but then the problem is exactly the same, how to get a successful youtube account to rise the views to 100,000 a day :)

As for SEO honestly I'm no pro at all, on the contrary I critize all the SEO bullshit talk I read on forum, as if people writing here were working at google search team. No they're not, they're just repeating the same stuff they've read on other people's blog and forums.

But if you think about it, there's no need for SEO, the basics count, like having a title tag in your html, that is on-page seo if you want to talk like the self-called seo pros. But all the rest about backlinks and forum spam, link exchange, etc.. This is VERY OLD news, it would be stupid from Google to still be stuck in year 2000, they're not stupid.

So you simply have to think without seo stuff, only what kind of content you have to produce in order to get traffic and money..
    First the audience needs to be non technical preferably (children, most seniors and women, and the non technical men), so that they don't have ad block or ad blindness. Next people who are looking for a solution to a problem are more likely to click and click and click until they find something that seem to answer their problem and that's good for ad clicks! Finally you have to think from the point of view of advertizers, and make sure you talk about problems/solutions where there is a busy market so there is competition between advertizers because there is money to be made by them, so that the CPC will be correct (>$0.1). Then all you have to do is work on your ad placement in order to get the maximum CTR you can, because at the end, once you have worked out the previous points, the CTR is your only way of increasing the RPM.
    And frankly $5 RPM is not hard to reach and go over as long as you are not talking about something without advertizers and you are not talking for a technical audience (because then the CTR is very hard to increase)

For videos it would be the same thinking, having videos for everyone, then you can't play with CTR since you don't control ad placement, but if your videos are about topics which have a busy market, then the CPC will be fine.. But saying the website stuff is dead with adsense, well at least that's not what I'm seeing but something I'm rather a little worried about is the mobile web, since my sites are not yet updated to display perfectly for mobile, I'm missing money from there, and the percentage of mobile views is rising quickly, it has crossed 15% for my sites and none is mobile oriented.

JamesColin, May 19, 2012 IP
  6. seafrontsteve

seafrontsteve Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have quality traffic coming to a site with quality content, then you can still make $ from Adsense without problem.
    Whether that's the best way to monetize your site is another matter.

Youtube is a great way of creating additional traffic for your site - but this isn't something essential.
    Traffic from youtube can convert to more or less $ than other traffic - depending on where it is coming from and how targetted it is.

seafrontsteve, May 19, 2012 IP
  7. etsuser

etsuser Peon

Best Answers:
    iam not completely agree with you...adsense on your youtube videos is very good option to earn revenue from your website but i think its not necessary to make big money if you are getting good traffic and click on your website.

etsuser, May 19, 2012 IP
  8. thraagh

thraagh Peon

Best Answers:
    youtube is just another revenue stream. Its not competing in the same market.

thraagh, May 20, 2012 IP
  9. spa3212

spa3212 Peon

Best Answers:
    many people uploading adult full movies and having adsense over these movies and I doubt they are not having any copyrights for doing this. its it legal and how youtube allowing adsense on these movies...

spa3212, May 20, 2012 IP
  10. mdvaden

mdvaden Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you can be superbly wrong too.

In my case, I make money from it, and know most of what it's all about. Not only do I NOT block the ads or ignore them, I LIKE the ads.

There has been a dozen times the past several months, where I've been searching a topic or product, and not known a certain product or company even existed. Then ... I find an ad popping up, that's better than anything I could have hoped for. Better than any search result Google sent my way.

And I can't be the only person to get ads for products I don't know exist.

mdvaden, May 20, 2012 IP
  11. VeryLikely

VeryLikely Peon

Best Answers:
    As everyone else has said, there are ways to make good money with AdSense. I think it's harder to earn big bucks because of competition rather than people being blind the ads.

VeryLikely, May 21, 2012 IP
  12. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Relevant traffic + Relevant content + Relevant ads = Relevant earnings.

Relevant insane traffic + Relevant content + Relevant ads = Insane earnings.

Irrelevant traffic + Partially related content + Irrelevant ads = Low earnings.

Insane irrelevant traffic + Irrelevant content + Irrelevant ads = Low earnings.

You get the drift....... But in my opinion if you have great traffic there are better ways to monetize than with adsense.

NetStar, May 21, 2012 IP
  13. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can't longer make good money with Adsense by any mean. Adsense payments are actually ridiculous if compared what their competitors are paying for similar advertising.

Mystique, May 21, 2012 IP
  14. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's not true.

The problem with Digital Point is everyone is anonymous. The person who says "you can't longer make good money with Adsense" could be someone who use to make $15k/month with it or just $3/month with it... If you make $3/month of course switching to another revenue source could generate an extra couple bucks.............................but that doesn't mean a REAL internet marketer/entrepreneur can't make good money with it....

NetStar, May 21, 2012 IP
  15. Adonai130

Adonai130 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

l am so impress on the discussion on google Adsense here. I am new in adsense stuff and l really want to make money via google Adsense. Someone told me he could help me make good money on Adsense on domain which l paid him. At the end he told me Google no longer support adsense on domain, l lost the money and the domain he said he registered for me. I don't want to fall similar victim anymore. I felt they are members here who know what they are talking about. Can someone tell me more about Google Adsense on domain and how l can make money on Google Adsense, please?

Adonai130, May 22, 2012 IP
  16. Adonai130

Adonai130 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

How can l benefit from the youtube money making platform please. Can you guide me on it?

17. Adonai130

Adonai130 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello James,
    Your write up is very interesting and educative. How can l have success on Google Adsense via sites/blogs and youtube, please?

18. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I find the thread author's statement is not true for me. I have been using AdSense and works fine for several years now. Blocking ads ... very few does that as they don't want to state at hollow pages or bad looking sites. In a way, the ads gives beautiful appearance especially when you got the right ads in your niche area. Recently was invited to participate in the YouTube Partnership programme and it is also making few bucks..am yet to fully tap this video thing...

sumdor, May 22, 2012 IP
  19. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Simple answer is dont have all your eggs in one basket,diverse and use other forms of revenue sources like clickbank,amazon,ebay and many more and not just adsense.Another thing is also diverse and have a few sites in differant niches.Its called adapting to the changes and the way that people shop online.

Mega B, May 22, 2012 IP
  20. Adonai130

Adonai130 Peon

Best Answers:
    How do l go about it to diversify? I am new in that field.