1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is ISLAM?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by faik123, Apr 15, 2011.

1. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    A waste of time visiting this thread.

laxman363, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  2. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim are both books that contain Hadeeth. The Hadeeth's were collected, compiled and authenticated by Imam Bukhari and Imam Muslim, respectively.

Hadeeth is the "the actions, sayings, silent approvals and characteristics of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)."

There are more than 2 books that contain Hadeeth, such as:

- Sunan An-Nasa'i
    - Sunan Abu Dawood
    - Sunan At-Tirmidhi
    - Sunan Ibn Maja

And there are more.

Hadeeth's are the second source of information in Islam, we don't take our information from the Qur'an only.

This is because God says in the Qur'an: Obey Allâh and the Messenger (Muhammad [peace be upon him]) that you may obtain mercy. (Qur'an 3:132)

So whatever the Prophet has made obligatory, we do it, and we are only doing it because God commanded that.

So again, a Hadeeth is "the actions, sayings, silent approvals and characteristics of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)."

And example of a Hadeeth: The Messenger of God (may peace be upon him) said:
    "Good companions and bad companions are like sellers of musk and the furnace of the smithy. You lose nothing from the musk seller, whether you buy some or smell or are imbued with its fragrance. The furnace of the smithy, on the other hand, burns your house and your clothes, or you get a noxious odor."

So, that would be a saying of the Prophet (peace be upon him), and we learn from this one that we should not have bad companions.

It's a common misconception to think that the Qur'an is the only source of information in Islam.

There is , however they wouldn't be the only commandments of God. And the commandments in the bible are also not limited to the Ten Commandments.

I actually cited something a few posts back, I'll do it again here:

Say (O Muhammad [peace be upon him]): "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited you from: Join not anything in worship with Him; be good and dutiful to your parents; kill not your children because of poverty - We provide sustenance for you and for them; come not near to Al-Fawâhish (shameful sins, illegal sexual intercourse, etc.) whether committed openly or secretly, and kill not anyone whom Allâh has forbidden, except for a just cause (according to Islâmic law). This He has commanded you that you may understand. (Qur'an 6:151)

"And come not near to the orphan's property, except to improve it, until he (or she) attains the age of full strength; and give full measure and full weight with justice. We burden not any person, but that which he can bear. And whenever you give your word (i.e. judge between men or give evidence, etc.), say the truth even if a near relative is concerned, and fulfill the Covenant of Allâh, This He commands you, that you may remember. (Qur'an 6:152)

"And verily, this (i.e. Allâh's Commandments mentioned in the above two Verses 151 and 152) is my Straight Path, so follow it, and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His Path. This He has ordained for you that you may become Al-Muttaqûn (the pious - see V.2:2)." (Qur'an 6:153)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
    IsraeI, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  3. wekop

wekop Peon

Best Answers:
    ISLAM is a religion, and religion is a belief to of God to convey to his people (The Believers) through prophets.
    my definition, religion ISLAM is the of trust and confidence in God who revealed to the prophet Muhammad to the convey to mankind (The Believers) so that we have guidelines to go the to the right path, into the path of Allah

wekop, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  4. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When is it permissible to kill someone under Islamic law?

Corwin, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  5. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    As an example, the following people can be killed:

- The Apostate
    - The Married Adulterer
    - The Murderer - Killed in retaliation, but can also be forgiven by the family of the victim.

And there are more, I don't have a complete list.

IsraeI, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  6. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is there a reference from the Koran for this list?

Is any non-Muslim considered an Apostate?

Corwin, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  7. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    A non-Muslim is not an apostate. An apostate is a someone who left the fold of Islam, meaning he/she was Muslim, but not any more.

And an apostate is only killed in an Islamic State, the Apostate goes through court and capital punishment is enforced on him/her.

You want references from the Qur'an only? Not from Hadeeth?

IsraeI, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  8. ahmer568

ahmer568 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ahmer568, May 2, 2012 IP
  9. yanna

yanna Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Islam is a religion where in they follow Allah. I have lots of friends that are into this religion and I've noticed that they're faith is really strong and they always go to their mosque every week.

yanna, May 4, 2012 IP
  10. Bakai

Bakai Guest

Best Answers:
    When someone mentions islam my first thought is the World Trade Center falling in 2001. Of a group of muslims chanting "allah akbar" at an airport. Of the silent muslim majority not condemning radical islam and the terrorist acts committed.

Bakai, May 19, 2012 IP
  11. ajielie

ajielie Peon

Best Answers:
    all religion are the same,they stand for one and is God Almighty....

ajielie, May 20, 2012 IP
  12. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:

You really opened my eyes dear :rolleyes:

laxman363, May 30, 2012 IP