Spamming Keywords

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by jared, Mar 15, 2005.

I have always read that Google (along with most other SEs) dock you/penalize you for spamming you keywords on your site. Sort of like the cloaking method but without even being that sneaky.

What is the thin line between a high KW density and spamming?

The reason I ask this is because my dad recently asked me to get a better ranking under 'florist victoria texas'. So I went over to google and typed it in to see what I am running agaist. Almost the whole page of results, except the 1st one, were sites that don't really contribute any real information.

One of the sites that comes up is http://flower.localstreets.com/xml/en/Victoria/store_00197___0.asp. Scroll down to the bottom and look at all that text just spammed down there. Is that why they are #3 in google, just because they did that because that seems stupid. They have no direct BLs from what I can see. Their site sucks and doesn't even offer any real link to florists in victoira.

Yet another example of this was http://www.ilocalflorist.com/TX/local_florists_victoria.htm.

It just seems over half of these pages with good rankings seem to just have a high KW density because they spam them all over the page. However, I thought the google algo picked up this sly method?

Those sites offer no relevant help to the search and shouldn't even be there.

I am just confused :confused:

jared, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Keyword density won't help you much with Google. Google likes off-page seo.

fryman, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    True. The reason a site is ranked has often little to do with what may appear obvious at the time.
    Google assigns weight to each domain which may be considered "importance of a site".
    What works with one site, won't work with another.
    It's a balancing act. DP threads do rank for all kinds of keywords because of the domain.

The time a domain has been indexed plays a huge factor as well.

The best thing to do with Google is wait and see since nothing is set in stone.

Mike

Blogmaster, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  4. stephenmunday

stephenmunday Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe there is so little competition for that keyphrase that crummy sites get to the top despite lack of IBLs and keyword spamming. If you create a halfway decent site and get a few good links you may be able to get #1 no problem.

If this is not the case, then Google is doomed and you might as well spend your time optimizing for the other two :).

stephenmunday, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  5. jared

jared Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I am going to start first focusing on MSN. It seems they yield much quicker results where as google takes a long time...more and more I am finding irrelevant sites such as the ones I mentioned above in my searches. Google better get its act together, MSN here I come! :D

jared, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  6. hanyixin

hanyixin Peon

Best Answers:
    But the user of MSN is much less than the Google. I got more visitors from Google than MSN with Same keyword and Same position.

hanyixin, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  7. Amandaliza

Amandaliza Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course there are more vistors from Google than MSN. Goole's PR is 9. while MSN is just 7 or 8.

Amandaliza, May 17, 2012 IP
  8. Jeron

Jeron Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been writing for a while, and I have noticed something I call the "Holy Grail" of SEO. Quality content will get good ranking even if KW density is 1%

Jeron, May 17, 2012 IP
  9. swathi.ch

swathi.ch Peon

Best Answers:
    swathi.ch, May 18, 2012 IP
  10. swathi.ch

swathi.ch Peon

Best Answers:
    i need best seo company info in hyderabad?

swathi.ch, May 18, 2012 IP