1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need opinion on design & color change

Discussion in 'Websites' started by mwong, May 11, 2012.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
    mwong, May 11, 2012 IP
  2. avi's

avi's Peon

Best Answers:
    Too Much matter & colors. Use of 2 colors & simple font makes an impression.

avi's, May 11, 2012 IP
  3. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi guy,

you done good work, web structure, use of colors, video are likely to see

Irfi0009, May 11, 2012 IP
  4. acevic

acevic Peon

Best Answers:
    Site needs a lot more simplification, cut down on the videos and place them on another page. Place your services onto your navigation to make the home page smaller. There is way too much content on the homepage which may confuse the user. Just keep a few brief descriptions, testimonials and the slider on the home page. Place the rest into other pages, preferably through the navbar. The basic design of the site is very nice, i.e the colors, etc.

acevic, May 12, 2012 IP
  5. sya

sya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nice custom theme, may be your fast loading you can compress your css theme :)
    over all... nice custom :)

sya, May 12, 2012 IP
  6. helmuc

helmuc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree - too many colors... when I see such a cocktail - want to close the site asap

helmuc, May 12, 2012 IP
  7. Jteph

Jteph Member

Best Answers:
    I visited your website. It has a pretty simple design. I wouldn't have chosen such a light orange. Try using a more serious font for your logo. As for load time it's pretty good. Make a facebook page, a twitter account for the page. That way, the word spreads around faster.

Jteph, May 12, 2012 IP
  8. giacomo107

giacomo107 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your site looks nice but see the first box that has stop-shop on it it has some white on it making the words lighter I think the white should come off and just maybe the whole orange part orange and not light orange in the middle. Also maybe darken the orand a tad bit or even put some browns in it. (tan- brown-) The reason i say is I used to own a home maintenance business in Austin and we would put out around 50,000 flyers per month every month. Every month we would change colors etc. Well most people we would take notes on liked tans- browns- orange colors they looked good together even one I made had tan-drk blue and a reddish brown and they all liked it. So if it was mine imagine taking the red completely out (where the words are) and matching whatever color text with the header bar? I think that is what it is called. Where it says home-cleaner services-order & rate. Either keep it that color and make your words to that color and keep the orange and put some brown in it it would look good. Also make the 604 cleaner in blue go with all the colors of your page the blue doesn't go with anything.

giacomo107, May 12, 2012 IP
  9. giacomo107

Best Answers:
    err scratch that just looked again. Okay I would keep the orange and keep the header tab thing that color or put some brown in it, 604 cleaner same orange but see the roof in the picture it is orange and red (meaning it is not completely red and it is not completely orange) make your number that color would look nice I think. The red writing maybe a dark brown but with a red hue to it like I don't know font colors but I have seen some nice browns where it is brown but has red in it and the check marks either match the color of the phone number or the orange maybe then it would flow better. Just trying to help

giacomo107, May 12, 2012 IP
  10. fotogrph

fotogrph Peon

Best Answers:
    Space things out a bit more, everything is cramped and hard to read. Make the front page more of a landing page with short intros to what you offer and link off to individual pages for the rest of the info. Looks more like a blog than a service.

fotogrph, May 12, 2012 IP
  11. neoalf

neoalf Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, change the color orange, with a softer, so as not to dazzle the eyes when we saw it

neoalf, May 12, 2012 IP
  12. giacomo107

Best Answers:
    Yes the orange is bright tone it down. The reason I say is look at your customer base if you are doing residential homes middle class and above depending where you live of course but most home owners and just start looking and you will see they like tans, browns, oranges, blues, not every color. If they like your colors they will like you. If you are doing apartments and condos most customers like really light colors white and pinks and lite greens etc. I have done so many advertisements just because color and the design they would hire me over the next company. Also even look underneath your posting the appliance repair and carpet cleaning vancouver lol that is in a nice brown color. Ask your customers what colors they like. People will buy with feeling I have seen it 100 times. Colors are feeling.

giacomo107, May 13, 2012 IP
  13. Denis Per

Denis Per Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's better if you make a large banners more attractive, now it's looking too simple.

Denis Per, May 13, 2012 IP
  14. lencarifin

lencarifin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my opinion - your website is too much color, it's not good for excellent design. I prefer to use :
    White as background
    Orange as menu or title widget and else

my bad score for your design is color of top menu, you should change it with white color or just text link, don't use red color on title "latest post"

OR you should change the oranges with blue as color combine from the logo, that's more great than use orange, keep try it

lencarifin, May 15, 2012 IP