1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Goole Protecting Big Companies from Updates !!??

Discussion in 'Google' started by Matyy_22, May 12, 2012.

I have seen may people working to keep the position, with all the best links posible to keep positions on google.com, but yesterday i got a very interesting news from no. 1 advertise company from UK, i will not share here the name, probably is not etic right now. So what i have heard and saw is that they are using some of the spam methods ever to create BL for their website.

I am confused how Google, allows this. If i do just 10% of what they are doing, i get a nice message with my site pennalized or sandboxed, well this guys are doing this for years, and they have no problem at all.

Is this how google, protects, or respects its own rules !!?!? By killing others, and protecting the big guys??

Matyy_22, May 12, 2012 IP
  2. bama boy

bama boy Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Answer is Yes

bama boy, May 12, 2012 IP
  3. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The answer is no. This is just the usual paranoia about Google. In the past, they have penalised plenty of big companies who didn't play the rules (BMW, JC Penny, Google themselves, Go Compare, Overstock, among others). Also, if you take the time to read on decent SEO blogs (not the"I hate Google" brigade) for level-headed analysis, you'll see data from Searchmetrics showing big sites losing out. Instead of just reading the Google-hater blogs, take some time to research things like "big companies penalised by google", "searchmetrics panda", "searchmetrics penguin", etc. Everyone's a target. Don't take it personally.

ryan_uk, May 12, 2012 IP
  4. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd don't know if I'd use the word protecting. I believe the Google updates are favoring big companies. For example, Amazon.com itself might increase in the rankings. But at the same time, Amazon affiliates may see their sites drop in the rankings. In that way, Google is favoring the big company over the little guy.

danasurvey, May 12, 2012 IP
  5. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, google gives special rights to hollywood, big shots, the super rich, corporations, and Justin Bieber.

that's why everyone needs to stop standing behind google to get dragged through the dirt.

Laceygirl, May 12, 2012 IP
    Abhik likes this.
  6. cujo

cujo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, my local hero the Bieb. Wonder if he will help out, so I don't have to file for bankruptcy :(

cujo, May 12, 2012 IP
  7. flybuzz

flybuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    Protecting is a strong word, but google will definitely schedule meetings with people in big companies and show them exactly what they did wrong and what links they should remove and how to fix their problems. For little guys like us, you will only be sent to the Boilerplate standard messages and never find out the exact reason. In other words, big companies get full service human support and rest of us get to listen to pre recorded answering machine messages.

flybuzz, May 12, 2012 IP
  8. Matyy_22

Matyy_22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Ryan, i apprciate your answer, and the positive conclusion, but still, i have some proffs on how the no.1 advertise company from UK, si doing like the big Spam ever. And they are listed to be on top, earnings are above 10 millions.. And like other OP said, Google, can play a big card here, and once you are not doing his "rule", you can get penalized ( examples you posted - from big companies ). But a big companie can be penalized, but without having the effect that a normal site has. I mean who doesn't know the big companies that you just pointed out. Its not so relative, in my opinon.
    It's clrearly that they are doing a premium observation for the elite payers.

Matyy_22, May 13, 2012 IP
  9. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Google treats every website equally. ryan_uk already showed the proof.
    He forgot to mention is that the Forbes.com, the biggest business information portal on earth, once hit by Google and they had to take some of their sections down to abide the rules Google set.

Abhik, May 13, 2012 IP
  10. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    So, if you have proof, report it - history shows that Google will penalise any site caught spamming, regardless of size.

I think you should read this: http://marketingland.com/penguin-google-doesnt-owe-you-a-living-10968
    You'll see the same crying by webmasters happened almost ten years ago (and many times since). There will always be paranoid fantasies by webmasters that Google is out to victimise them. If this was true, there would never have been any new start ups that succeeded, never been any "normal sites" making a lot of money.

ryan_uk, May 13, 2012 IP
  11. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Very true about Forbes. And people seem to forget (or just don't know? they should) that when the Panda updates started many of the big sites were hit hard (just check searchmetrics data after each update) and had to take down a lot of content - ehow, daniweb, ezinearticles (hit at least twice) and many others.

ryan_uk, May 13, 2012 IP
  12. DatingExpert

DatingExpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think Google protect anyone if the penguin finds out problems on their sites But I do have a personal knowledge big companies get too many favours from Google because they spend too much revenue on Google, They have dedicated contact in Google and they get all the updates, so they are always ready before any such launch , I mean they are on safe side.

DatingExpert, May 13, 2012 IP
  13. Matyy_22

Matyy_22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, favours or not favours its still not a corect balance for the rest of the community. As ryan mentioned, on some cases of penalty of some big sites, that's a good argument, to fight out my question of the thread. But during time, many polemics about Google being ruled by interest groups, has been launched, and favoritism, is not excluded. Getting a business down, means growing up another business ryan. I am not so familliar with Google recent earnings, but i know they are making a lots of money, and if the Industrial Espionaj works so well in the real world, why not, in the informatic world too.
    So, its a lot of money in the game, so never say never.
    I cant complain, but i simply saw, and right now i am frustrated about it. But at the end of the day, what can i do about it, since ai am simple man, that cant stand with them. I cant also stand with DP, when 2-3 weeks ago, i have been scammed by a member here, and no one contacted me, after sending repeated PM's, to admins...So, where is justice ryan!?!

14. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    You being scammed on DP and your site(s) going down in rankings are two different things. I can totally sympathise with you about being scammed.

Whether online or offline, things in business change (markets, consumer demand, products, regulations, etc), so you need to adjust. A business plan always needs to be updated, adapted to new circumstances. You can't just rely upon Google for traffic either and need to diversify.

Unless you've hardcore spammed your site, this is a very easy update to recover from.

ryan_uk, May 13, 2012 IP
  15. Matyy_22

Matyy_22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think i prefer a 3rd part to come and make order, when it needs to be done, that's what i was sugesting. Being scammed, was not the point, it was that no one answered even i contacted them more then 15 times. So that being said, i think you are probably one of the lucky guys in the industry that didn't had any issue by now. !

And sorry but i cant sare your opinions regarding G favoritism. I simply cant.

16. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    I get you now, mate. Yeah, I understand you that with online market places there can be a quality control issue. A lot of scammers. Very hard to find a good site to buy, as many people misrepresent themselves/their sites or have something to hide. In some ways, I think Flippa is worse (despite have some form of "quality control"); such as you can't see who's bidding on a site, so you don't know if it's a trick to increase the price...

I wouldn't call myself lucky, but I bought some sites in the past that turned out to be rubbish (not what was claimed) and have had very bad service (on another forum), so I try to take very good care now when doing business (and prefer it in the open - if everything's honest, there should be nothing to hide).

Each to their own. I hope you can find some peace and focus on your business. ;-) Good luck!

ryan_uk, May 13, 2012 IP
  17. B.Williams

B.Williams Active Member

Best Answers:
    My personal experience is that you can't even follow all legit techniques of SEO to make your website SEO Friendly you have to do some sort of black hat things to improve your ranking so every web master does the same thing to make its position better.

B.Williams, May 13, 2012 IP