1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making a Living with Adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by here, May 1, 2012.

1. RumpledElf

RumpledElf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have Amazon links on, and being a very broad site it brings in maybe $10-15 a month in gift vouchers, since it really isn't worth it waiting until $100 builds up to get a cheque that costs $20 to deposit.

So I buy e-books ...

RumpledElf, May 5, 2012 IP
  2. here

here Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just the basics. Ad placement and type recommendations from Google. SEOed my site. Didn't add Adsense until site ranked well and had good traffic.

here, May 6, 2012 IP
  3. buxhzk

buxhzk Member

Best Answers:
    I guess splitting the thing makes it easy ... dont invest and work in a single niche site .. if u are a group of people , i would have recommended that , but since u are single .. i think you can get more micro niche sites , which ll make you minimum $35 a day ..

and if you hav something like 10 such sites , u ll hit $10k per month ..

Believe me , you cant make huge money without working .. Work hard , You earn ,,, Thats it !

buxhzk, May 6, 2012 IP
  4. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Build more sites or get a day job. If you can make that much with one site, make about 5 or 6 sites that have decent earnings to get you where you need to be. Otherwise, play with ad placement and see if you can get your earnings up with better ad placement. Also, you could add more monetization methods to your site. If your site is mostly informational, maybe you could build some pages that sell related products using affiliate ads or drop shipping.

indyonline, May 6, 2012 IP
  5. here

here Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is really what I want to do while still keeping my day job. Maybe a few years from now I'll have a few more. Five years from now five or six. We'll see.

here, May 9, 2012 IP
  6. hope2life

hope2life Active Member

Best Answers:
    Forget adsense. Adsense earnings is going to decrease for every publisher as USA, UK and Europe are going into recession and no one would advertise through google adwords. If no one would advertise google is not going to pay anything in adsense. Better go to affiliate marketing because rich people would still buy consumer products even if its recession. Make a huge site with tonnes of pages with all original content. Hire few writers to help you with it. And it should work great for you.

hope2life, May 9, 2012 IP
  7. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Where the hell have you been? oh ya, India... We went into the recession years ago and are coming out of it pretty good now. You're a few years behind man...

indyonline, May 9, 2012 IP
  8. JamesIsDusk

JamesIsDusk Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with basically what everyone else is saying, have a day job until you are making enough money online and retire and enjoy your life! :-P

JamesIsDusk, May 9, 2012 IP
  9. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Me too I would work on your CTR by improving your ad placement.
    Also it doesn't hurt to analyse how your different ad units are performing individually so far, you can also look into ad type in your adsense stats, to see if there's a clear winner between text ads vs. image ads (includes flash video and rich media)
    In some case the difference is so obvious that it is worth it to restrict to text (or image) for this ad unit.

Then, of course I would not have only one site, you should get your adsense income from a couple or a little more sites, so that in case there's any problem on one site, you don't find yourself with $0 adsense earning for the period when you're trying to fix the issue with the problematic site.

For one thing you could install INFOLINKS on your site, it won't earn nearly as much as adsense, but you can have both together and infolinks doesn't affect adsense's ctr (from my experience at least) so in the end you earn more from the same traffic as both income sources add up.

Also as others have suggested, depending on your hobby, you can find affiliate products to promote. Hard to tell without more info, but you know your topic better, so just think about what could be sold to your visitors and then you can ask on DP if people know an affiliate program for this specific product. If it's books, then yes amazon of course, but if it's other things, maybe cj.com or clickbank.com or other affiliate platforms have such programs, ask around on DP when you know what you're looking for.

JamesColin, May 10, 2012 IP
  10. Padalda

Padalda Banned

Best Answers:
    70% of your traffic should come from US, Canada & UK to achieve this goal. Minimum 15,000 visitors per month.

Padalda, May 10, 2012 IP
  11. locke815

locke815 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's great actually. I believe most of you guys are using WordPress then. Great platform in terms of SEO tracking from Google itself.

locke815, May 10, 2012 IP
  12. Padalda

Padalda Banned

Best Answers:
    So, its all depends on the niche & the quality of the content of your site and nothing else. :)

Padalda, May 10, 2012 IP
  13. om3

om3 Member

Best Answers:

om3, May 11, 2012 IP
  14. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ^^^^ And this guy is telling the TRUTH!! He actually has a few threads here on DP that show exactly his earning from adsense. The only thing I don't know is how many websites he's using to make $10,000 per month... Still haven't gotten that answer.

Either way, this might put a much BIGGER and BRIGHTER light in your eyes.

DONE: $10,000 mo. in 10 Months and Growing!

Lets all get together to increase our adsense income!

GuruCreation, May 11, 2012 IP
  15. codecreative

codecreative Peon

Best Answers:
    what niches are you involved in?

codecreative, May 11, 2012 IP
  16. here

here Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Kitty, mostly.

here, May 11, 2012 IP
  17. config_error

config_error Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well if you are cnet.com you can earn that figure. blogs can earn much or below $1,000. you can not really depend on adsense for a living. my advise is get a real job and let adsense be your extra income source.

config_error, May 11, 2012 IP
  18. Pointfrenzy

Pointfrenzy Guest

Best Answers:
    I would try adbrite.com it's great. Full page ads allow maximum $.

Pointfrenzy, May 11, 2012 IP