1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What strategy should I take?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cup243, May 11, 2012.

Hi, I'm facing a problem that I think many others may have had, I'm in the planning process to launch an online biz idea, and even though I know quite a lot about IM already everyday I keep finding things that I didn't know, so I spend my time with this. Seems like I will never learn it all and I feel I want everything 100% planned and ready before launch.

Thing is, should I keep learning and learning and then I start putting my idea to practice??? Or I should get on with it now, instead of trying to have absolulately everything under crontol before launch???

Has anyone been in this situation? What did you do and was it the right decision?

Thanks.

cup243, May 11, 2012 IP
  2. awcguy

awcguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Whenever you are creating and launching a product you will always find new and "better" ways of doing things.

Study at least 2 other successful competitor websites, sales funnel and customer feedback..

Write down the positive and negative aspects of there launches.. Launch...

-- Always remember.. there is never a PERFECT way .. More people loose out by not launching then just doing it.. and then marketing the upgrades as bonuses or improvements for current clients

awcguy, May 11, 2012 IP
    ImpressionWebStudio likes this.
  3. ImpressionWebStudio

ImpressionWebStudio Peon

Best Answers:
    -- Always remember.. there is never a PERFECT way ..

GREAT ADVICE! If you are already planning to work on some project, so be more brave to START it, because every perfect idea brings other great solutions and you will become more competitive in your niche!

ImpressionWebStudio, May 11, 2012 IP
  4. Mike Perry

Mike Perry Peon

Best Answers:
    TAKE ACTION. Period! I have been online marketing for a long time and I still find new ways of doing things on daily basis.

Waiting around will not produce sales. As for the launch, make sure you have the basics set up...sales page, squeeze page, email capture, etc...

You can always come back and tweet things. Most importantly, test, test, test. See what works best for you. Good luck!

Mike Perry, May 11, 2012 IP
  5. Deez 國王

Deez 國王 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's best to put things in action... you can get as much IM knowledge as you like but you only truly start learning once u start applying. So start putting what u already know into practice and you will be surprised how many more ideas start flooding your head, you may even find some unique twists or ways to improve methods that u have read about...

Bottom line is TAKE ACTION DUDE.... get the wheels turning even if u start of slow.. soon it will build momentum and then you simply start speeding up at your own pace...

Deez 國王, May 11, 2012 IP
  6. rahsheen

rahsheen Guest

Best Answers:
    you already did the hard part and thats starting the biz GO ALL IN you need to get your feet wet without that you will always find ANOTHER THING that will consume your time. get working on your business put it out there

rahsheen, May 11, 2012 IP
  7. Cashwave

Cashwave Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, like others say, take action. But when you feel it is becoming too much and you have too much work, maybe get an afiliate? or a jv? Give them a percentage of the profit, but let them do the work that you are not the best at or do not have time to do. It will take some pressure of and will give you some more free time to use on the things you are better at.

Cashwave, May 11, 2012 IP
  8. zerocoolflo

zerocoolflo Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't be like me and try to make it perfect because you will only have the days passing by without any action

zerocoolflo, May 12, 2012 IP
  9. coolmadaux

coolmadaux Member

Best Answers:
    You should go ahead with the launch. This is only your first one and only by experience will you truely
    learn what will happen. And with this knowledge your next launch will be even better.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
    coolmadaux, May 12, 2012 IP
  10. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't over obsess over "what if"s and details. People who do that never get anything done. Just TAKE ACTION, try it out, and if it doesn't work, try somethin else. Simple as that. Never give up and you'll succeed eventually. Good luck :)

ninjamtlt1, May 12, 2012 IP
  11. _jc

_jc Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't be afraid of failure. Failure is your friend and best teacher. Embrace failure!

Fail often and learn each time. If you wait until you know exactly what you're doing you'll wait forever. Online marketing is an ongoing experiment - but you can't experiment until you start. So start already!

Then experiment with A/B split testing. Constantly compare your current version against one you think is an improvement. Then keep the best and do it again. Google Website Optimizer is a good free A/B split tester.

Hope this helps...

_jim coe

Last edited: May 12, 2012
    _jc, May 12, 2012 IP
  12. Gary Ling

Gary Ling Peon

Best Answers:
    cup243, as mentioned by all the DP members above, just take action.

How did you learn to walk? By falling down countless times, through trial and error. Then from the experience you learn how to stand on your 2 feet and start walking.

It is only through applying what you have learned that you are going to know what works and what doesn't work.

Gary Ling, May 14, 2012 IP