1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

High PR link sales scams running wild on DP

Discussion in 'General Business' started by DomainMagnate, May 11, 2012.

A warning to everyone who is buying high pr links here. There are lots of scams around.

Recently I've been looking to buy some pr7+ links and got a lot of pms with fake pr or much lower pr. Weird stuff people send me pr1-pr4 sites saying they are pr8 or pr8, but I understand this might just be because they haven't updated their listings since last update.

However there are also many actually fake pr sites. People do it by redirecting their domain to another high pr domain and you can easily check it by doing a info:domain.com search in google.

There are also some really weird domains I've seen that are pr8-pr9 and even pr10 that clearly shouldn't be, as they have no decent backlinks, but are not redirected. So I'm actually puzzled about those (if anyone has any ideas pm me for samples), but it clearly is not real or geniune.

So beware buying cheap high pr links!

DomainMagnate, May 11, 2012 IP
  2. blacknet

blacknet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also be very aware that it's "PageRank", not site rank, so you need the rank of the Page the link will be on (which differs to that of the "homepage").

Also, be aware that PageRank is a completely useless and a defunct arbitrary measurement which has no meaning or effect on SEO, and that any money paid to get PageRank or links from pages with a PageRank of X is entirely devoid of any value.

Instead, focus on getting links from high quality pages/sources where people will actually follow the link, which include social bookmarking, but discount social bookmarking from fake/spam/automated/ignored users.

As a general rule of thumb, if the link is going to be on a page which you'd be happy to read, and contextualized in such a way that you'd click that link, then it *may* be worth paying for, but probably not.

blacknet, May 11, 2012 IP
  3. Xtrapsp

Xtrapsp Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys. I always thought there was a bit of a misconception of this to be honest, I bought some HighPR Backlinks on fiverr redirected from here based around hacking iphones and I have to say I was quite disgusted, They seemed to have put my link on 4 smaller niché sites collectively adding up to PR6... each of them PR2.

I think the issue itself is that they think they can get away with this...

Xtrapsp, May 11, 2012 IP
    DomainMagnate likes this.
  4. blacknet

blacknet Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's incredibly shady, and worse than incorrect, PR is an exponential scale, it's like saying that 3x M3 earthquakes are as powerful as an M9, totally incorrect and miles off.

(ps: I realise that 4x PR2 is not 3x)

blacknet, May 11, 2012 IP
  5. Xtrapsp

Xtrapsp Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your 100% correct, it is shady. I contacted paypal, they said technically it's my fault. However the seller didn't get back to me so it was in my favour :) I got my money back

Xtrapsp, May 11, 2012 IP