1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How about a Google boycott? Serious question

Discussion in 'Google' started by thmvp20, May 8, 2012.

1. psychicmystery

psychicmystery Active Member

Best Answers:
    the average person that seach on google dont have a website so he or she doesnt care about penguin updates. most of the people dont use the internet to make money online so they just dont care if a certain site is on teh first page of google or not. this is why they will continue to use google and this is also the reason why gogle dont care if we willl boycott them.

psychicmystery, May 10, 2012 IP
  2. DatingExpert

DatingExpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think anyone's boycott will do any affect on Google until its by the masses [which is people]

DatingExpert, May 10, 2012 IP
  3. turkishhomes

turkishhomes Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I have read there hasn't been a mass exodus (or any kind of exodus) of users from Google since Penguin, and to be honest the average user probably doesn't even know about it. All the commenting has come from webmasters, and not everyone has come out of the update badly. If all the webmasters who have been hit ( and I was one too) were to boycott Google, I wonder what percentage that would be of the total users? Pretty tiny I would think. If the search results are now as poor as has been suggested, then users will make their own minds up as whether to continue with Google.

turkishhomes, May 10, 2012 IP
  4. stubsy

stubsy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have switched to bing and if you search for online competitions you will get a better result on bing :)

stubsy, May 10, 2012 IP
  5. stubsy

stubsy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe this is the Google plan - make everyone deoptimise their site so the bing results will be full of over optimized spam and Google can shut them down?

stubsy, May 10, 2012 IP
  6. manoj.kapoor

manoj.kapoor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think all of the guys here giving their views are web masters and already know what are search engines actually. But other users are not aware of things like Google panda or Google penguin, even they don't know which search engine provide better and accurate results for their queries. Google has been become a brand itself from last many years so I don't think so peoples will switch to Yahoo and Bing, because there is only one name on every tongue and that is Google.

manoj.kapoor, May 11, 2012 IP
  7. ghome1971

ghome1971 Member

Best Answers:
    There is certainly a growing anger towards Google's dictatorship. What is the way forward? Remove our sites from Google? Stop searching on Google? I have moved my Browsers to Bing today. Here is some more interesting information about Google http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17205754

ghome1971, May 11, 2012 IP
  8. Cyberdog1

Cyberdog1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually think it is a plausible idea and as a webmaster there are plenty of other logical and great ways to get traffic to your site and increasing you traffic you will naturally move up in the rankings.

For business I use Google as it's what I do but for personal use I use Bing only because I like to work out where the picture is! it's definitely more attractive than Google but being stuck between a Microsoft product and a Google Product is not really where I want to be :)

Cyberdog1, May 11, 2012 IP
  9. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What would a so called boycott achieve absolutely nothing,you may get a small percentage of people that will do it but nothing will come of it.

Mega B, May 11, 2012 IP
  10. ghome1971

ghome1971 Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing will happen if we stand still. I am fed up with the Google SERPs. I am fed up with the hoops they make me jump through as a webmaster. I hope others feel the same.

ghome1971, May 11, 2012 IP
  11. tozcal

tozcal Peon

Best Answers:
    You are so right, unfortunately. Why? Most are still searching with Google. They don't know that things there have changed. After Panda, I didn't want to believe that search results had almost done a turn of 180 degrees. I used to be tops for many of my web topics and I always looked at related ones by my competition. I know exactly which information of mine was much appreciated by the leading SE provider. Now I only find it listed faithfully tops with guess whom? With Bing. When I see who has taken my place in Google now, I can only shake my head in wonder. Sometimes, even my stomach turns. Worse? No need to tell others of this forum who have run the same tests. All that mess most of us are in now because of Penguin is due to PR in the first place. I always had second thoughts about that invention. Yes, we can have a good PR for our domain, while tier 2 and tier 3 pages which are related to earning something are looked at with different eyes now by the search engine we are so unhappy with. Please tell me if I only imagine this? And then there is another aspect which is nepotism in my mind. This definitely doesn't come in with Bing. When you are old and most of your friends have died you will get few recommendations by other webs, blogs and whatnot. Nope, it's hardly ever those who are in a similar field who give links back or call it in. It is friends, family, business associates and others who expect something from you in return who usually give you a recommendation or they get tricked into it and the fraudster is enjoying top search results. That adds fraudsters to the nepotism.

So should we boycott the big G engine so they wake up for having taken their beta testing too far? Not sure. But I am sure, that Bing will win anyway, as people talk and word of mouth means a lot. And playing with fire is dangerous. You get burned, you know. Playing with the world wide webmasters is the same.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
    tozcal, May 12, 2012 IP
  12. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A Google boycott would never prove effect, their market share is just too large.

As a side note, I'm actually fairly pleased with the recent updates G has been making.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, May 12, 2012 IP
  13. ad2310

ad2310 Active Member

Best Answers:
    May I know what you were searching for(or keywords) and couldn't find it in googles top 20 results?

ad2310, May 12, 2012 IP