1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Page Rank 4 on the Homepage but no PR on any of the Subpages.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by michalr, May 9, 2012.

Hi,

I've noticed there is plenty of sites (especially those offering link selling) that have high Page Rank on the homepage (PR4, 5, or so) but no PR at all on any of the subpages.

My first thought is this PR has been gained in some dodgy way but I cant figure out how is that possible as in many cases the situation stays unchanged after the PR update (for instance the recent one).

Any thoughts of how this works?

Thanks in advance for any input!

michalr, May 9, 2012 IP
  2. green789

green789 Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes you are right they gain PR through Black Hat SEO technique, and you will see that they will loose PR in short time, so avoid these website for link building,

green789, May 9, 2012 IP
  3. michalr

michalr Peon

Best Answers:
    Any idea what kind of techniques are used to achieve that. Or better, how can you detect them?

michalr, May 10, 2012 IP
  4. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    Not need to be blackhat also... Sometimes you can see in every websites some pages are ranked and some are not and that's normal!!

ContentVisionz, May 10, 2012 IP
  5. michalr

michalr Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly I haven't seen a single reputable website that would have PR4 or PR5 on the homepage and no PR on any other page. Please share one with us if you know any.

michalr, May 10, 2012 IP