1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Backlinks questions from a backlinks newbie :D

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by inyourway, May 7, 2012.

Hello there, well as the title says, I'm a backlinks newbie.

I know that there's tons of threads about backlinks and how to get them and so on, but I haven't found what I'm looking for, so here goes!

I've started a new project and obviously want to get traffic to the site..

Example.
    www.mynewprojecturl.com - that's a salespage. You just read about the product and buy the product if you click the buy now button. Simple as that.

The thing I wonder about:
    Is it better to get backlinks directly to the salespage, or should I make backlinks to : www.mynewprojecturl.com/blabla.html instead?

www.mynewprojecturl.com/blabla.html - contains articles, reviews, videos or whatever about the product you find at www.mynewprojecturl.com.

Or should I make several pages at www.mynewprojecturl.com?
    Such as www.mynewprojecturl.com/blabla.html, /blabla2.html, /blabla3.html, /blabla4.html and so on, and create backlinks to them all?

Sorry for the crappy english, but I hope that someone understands what I mean. :)

Just wondering about the best way to drive the traffic and get more visitors, that's all.

Regards,
    André

inyourway, May 7, 2012 IP
  2. nikomaster

nikomaster Member

Best Answers:
    In my experience "Content is the king" and linking to pages rich in content looks more natural, because in a natural linking process, people would actually link directly to your articles and informative data. Moreover, if the product you are offering really has good attention, people will start linking the sales page too. For example, citing my own case, I just released my new Link Building Software. But to promote it, I am adding "how to.." pages and videos, such as for example: "how to find 1000 dofollow blogs in no time" of course the article or video will refer the software and people may find it interesting and start linking to it, so I would start the backlinking campaign targeting informative data.

nikomaster, May 7, 2012 IP
  3. vnmichael

vnmichael Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with your's opinion. "Content is King". Use just only SEO on-page good. Backlink will auto have.

vnmichael, May 7, 2012 IP
  4. SoftDev

SoftDev Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes you can directly get, no need to post contents, and also it depends on your product popularity, i saw many 1page sells letter on top of google with competitive keywords.

SoftDev, May 7, 2012 IP
  5. inyourway

inyourway Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you for your helpful posts!

Regards,
    André

inyourway, May 9, 2012 IP
  6. Torafox

Torafox Peon

Best Answers:
    It's better to get backlinks that direct to those pages since it's more believable when a website has content or has something to read about. And when you comment on blogs, try and blog on those that are closer to your niche and has big PR. And don't comment in a spammy way; relate to the article or post.

Torafox, May 9, 2012 IP