1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie Friendly Traffic Methods

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by NCEIRE, May 4, 2012.

Hi All,

This is my first thread here and hope I've posted in the right sub section. I hope you guys get some value out of it.

Been reading over the past week about sites seeing their Traffic getting crushed since the new Google Update...and it got me thinking....how wise is it to overly-depend on search engine traffic[​IMG]

I do some general SEO stuff but I'm no expert at it and don't see it as being too important to by business. Like everything else I feel Diversification is important here i.e. to have a steady flow of traffic coming from several area's so your business won't suffer too much if there is a sudden interruption in one of your supplies...

It's also worth mentioning to not spread yourself too thin and try and utilize every traffic technique under the sun. You know what they say if you take on too much, you'll become "a Jack of all Trades but a Master of None.."

Personally I like to investigate the usefulness of nearly every Traffic technique that I hear about but there are a few that I use daily to keep my sites well supplied. They are:

Forum Posting : Some of the best quality traffic I get is from posting in forums which are relevant to my niche. E.g. you wrote an ebook about Dog Training then you should hang out and get involved in 4 or 5 forums related to this area. Simple have a link in your sig back to your site and you're in business!

You know the traffic coming from this source is already interested in your topic and will make building a list a lot easier. Give them a free gift on sign-up to your site and hit them with your $7 upsell for the full "Dog Training" ebook - bells n all![​IMG]

Remember 100 highly targeted visits per day can be worth more to you than 1,000 random hits from people not interested in your niche.

Blog Commenting : Again this is a little labor intensive (but could easily be outsourced) The beauty of this, like Forum Posting, is that you are hanging out where your Target Audience hangs out i.e. Blogs related to Dog Training

Visit some of these high traffic blogs in your niche and leave valuable, content-filled comments replying to the posts. Anyone who visits these pages and see's your well written response may be interested enough to click through and visit YOUR site!

This is also a great way to make yourself known to the experts in your niche and may open up some valuable contacts that you can JV with in the future.

Document Sharing : I like these Document Sharing sites too because it allows you to re-purpose your work. If you have a blog (which I'm sure a lot of you do) then all you have to do is export your posts as mini-pdf articles and upload them the Document Directories.

In each pdf you can link back to your site and instantly you can share your content on some very high traffic sites. Unlike some Article Directories most of these sites have No Review Process so it's super easy to upload your content to half-a-dozen directories in a few minutes[​IMG]

Viral Ebooks : This is a great way of spreading your message. How about compiling some your blog posts into a mini-ebook and submitting them to Free Ebook sites??

Include your sites links within them and also any affiliate links you like (so there's the possibility of making some cash if your ebook gets passed around the web) If you want to go the extra mile you could always get a nice cover made over at fiverr but this isn't necessary (but does make it look cool![​IMG])

So there are 4 simple ways of getting more Free Traffic to your sites, sure they take a little work but they are FREE! And especially with the Document Sharing & Viral Ebooks you only need to do the work once and then use it again for these purposes i.e. more value for your initial effort!

What other Free Traffic sources do you find effective?? Would be interested in hearing of any success you might be having with them..

NCEIRE, May 4, 2012 IP
  2. gavin birchall

gavin birchall Peon

Best Answers:
    Some really good infromation here, thanks for sharing this with us all!

gavin birchall, May 4, 2012 IP
  3. rith

rith Member

Best Answers:
    Good post. It means you are on the right track of online marketing.

rith, May 4, 2012 IP
  4. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    Forum posting, blog commenting and guest blogging are ways to drive traffic to one's site.

chinasa, May 4, 2012 IP
  5. NCEIRE

NCEIRE Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Guys...

@ Chinasa - ya, your right about Guest Blogging. I've been studying a few reports about that and the best ways of getting guest posts - they are supposed to be really good for getting traffic. I'm hoping to give it a shot in the coming weeks.

NCEIRE, May 4, 2012 IP
  6. DatingExpert

DatingExpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    Viral ebooks is another good method to make decent money. I have tasted it myself and it work well.

DatingExpert, May 4, 2012 IP
  7. Gary Ling

Gary Ling Peon

Best Answers:
    So which website do you upload your viral free ebook to, NCEIRE?

Gary Ling, May 4, 2012 IP
  8. jis11

jis11 Peon

Best Answers:
    great info for those who're not good at SEO Traffic. thanks for sharing

jis11, May 5, 2012 IP
  9. shuvo

shuvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea those are traditional traffic driving methods for years.However for diversification you should focus on social media sites too.

shuvo, May 5, 2012 IP
  10. SeoSc2

SeoSc2 Peon

Best Answers:
    remember to hide your google ads , before processing friendly traffic method

SeoSc2, May 6, 2012 IP
  11. NewHDD-Blog

NewHDD-Blog Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing with us....
    i think that is reasonable...

NewHDD-Blog, May 7, 2012 IP
  12. kylelawrence

kylelawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Content is king. You should never forget that.

kylelawrence, May 7, 2012 IP
  13. neil_buzzerchat_staff

neil_buzzerchat_staff Banned

Best Answers:
    very nice informative post.

neil_buzzerchat_staff, May 7, 2012 IP
  14. kiddoman

kiddoman Peon

Best Answers:
    It is indeedly used for newbie, but it is also classic as the traditional methods.

kiddoman, May 8, 2012 IP
  15. TizzyTazzy

TizzyTazzy Peon

Best Answers:
    I never just depend on search engine traffic, in fact I am depending on pure advertising for now.

TizzyTazzy, May 8, 2012 IP
  16. Sophia Myles

Sophia Myles Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice post here! Always dreaming of getting rid of the search engine burdens but have not succeeded ever. :p These methods are definitely useful in gaining traffic, but there's no doubt that you can just never give SEO up since there's no single channel that can bring you as much traffic as a good search ranking can do.

Whatever, social media can be another free traffic source these days.

Sophia Myles, May 8, 2012 IP
  17. vimier

vimier Peon

Best Answers:
    I had never heard or document sharing before, definitely will be looking into it shortly.:)

vimier, May 8, 2012 IP
  18. higherluv

higherluv Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Video is probably a good way, too. Easy to rank, and quick to rank. I would actually make this the first traffic method, other than SEO.

higherluv, May 8, 2012 IP
  19. uoftenwinny

uoftenwinny Peon

Best Answers:
    Very useful information.
    Thanks for sharing. But those ways are simple method of SEO I think.

uoftenwinny, May 9, 2012 IP
  20. sylar666

sylar666 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great relevent information keep it coming mate

sylar666, May 9, 2012 IP