1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Backlink question

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by journeyoftheanimals, Apr 23, 2012.

Sorry for the slightly vague title but I was not sure what to put in. I had a question about backlinks and how to find them. I went to a website today called backlinkwatch to see how many backlinks I currently have to my site. It says I have 849, not sure if this is good or bad. But I do know it is a lot better then it was a month ago. But then I was looking at the pages that are supposedly backlinking but I do not find the link on their page. I click the link that the backlink checker gives me and do a search on the page for my link and there is nothing. What is up with that? Am I missing something? I have been dabbling in web development for many years but just recently started to really apply myself and work on stuff like seo and backlinks. So there is still a lot for me to learn.

Oh one last thing. I know google has a tool for tracking this kind of information and traffic and soforth. But I can not remember the web address for it. Could someone remind me of it?

journeyoftheanimals, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  2. David Mills

David Mills Member

Best Answers:
    hmm, I think something is wrong here, you should be able to click on the link and it take you to a webpage. Are you putting in the correct html link?

David Mills, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  3. isoconsultantgmg

isoconsultantgmg Peon

Best Answers:
    some times it shows data which we have given our links but really that site has updated and removed our links from their sites for whatever reasons they also send notification to your mail after removing but it takes time to update so try to check after few days it will also updated

isoconsultantgmg, Apr 26, 2012 IP
  4. aldis

aldis Peon

Best Answers:
    aldis, Apr 26, 2012 IP
    patrick0001 likes this.
  5. patrick0001

patrick0001 Member

Best Answers:
    Increase the number of quality backlink is good signal, increase the number of low quality is risk signal.

The possible answers are, the crawl spider is not often visit the site. Sometime the link has been remove, but in the database the link is still exist. Or the spider crawl does not crawl the accurate URL parameter.

e.g. actual URL digitalpoint.com/abc.html?abc , the spider crawl it as digitalpoint.com/abc.html

patrick0001, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  6. Artisan

Artisan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Search engines try to store and show as much data as possible,
    thus if the link was on the page but has been deleted recently,
    then the data about this link may be yet shown for some time.

Artisan, May 1, 2012 IP
  7. journeyoftheanimals

journeyoftheanimals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you to each of you for your replies. I can always count on most of the people here for very clear and informative answers. So thank you again.

Also thank you directly to aldis for the information on the google tools. That was what I was looking for, just could not remember what it was called.

Thank you again everyone. Sorry for such a late reply. I had this page open in my browser for weeks now, but kept forgetting to reply to you all.

journeyoftheanimals, May 7, 2012 IP
  8. bwnet13

bwnet13 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are hundreds of tools out here that check for links, but for my own sites I still always use Google's own Webmaster Tools. I mean the whole point of these links is too impress Google right?

bwnet13, May 9, 2012 IP
  9. hathuylieu

hathuylieu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've been doing SEO for a month, very few backlinks :(, please let me know of no way backlink effective?
    How effective backlinks?
    Thank you

hathuylieu, May 9, 2012 IP
  10. zohaibsaleemi

zohaibsaleemi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes you are right

zohaibsaleemi, May 9, 2012 IP