1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is SID?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by PoohBear88, Jan 22, 2007.

Just to be clear, is SID kind of like Google's Adsense Channels? Is it a just a way to see which page the lead originates from?

Any other uses for it?

PoohBear88, Jan 22, 2007 IP
  2. astire

astire Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    You can use SID parameter to identify which sales is generated from which source. for example you can use it to track sales/lead generated from google adwords and sales from yahoo etc...
    One best use of it is to track your keywords like which keyword is really converting.
    One other use is if you are running incentives. You can track which of your memebr complete a sale/lead so that you can reward him his incentive.
    Regards,
    Adnan Azam

astire, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  3. kellyanders

kellyanders Peon

Best Answers:
    I have just signed up with CJ.com, its very confusing to use, how do i add affiliates to my account?

kellyanders, May 2, 2010 IP
  4. weezee

weezee Greenhorn

Best Answers:

SID is site ID, if you have more than one website listed each one have a SID, you can find it in you account under websites. You have to apply to the advertisers which ever ones you want become an affiliate, use the search or general categories check the ones you want and at the bottom of the page click apply to program, some may decline other may approve. Some are approved automatic, others you will get an email telling you if you were approved or declined.

weezee, May 3, 2010 IP
  5. Mortgage Guy

Mortgage Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    SID is just a tracking mechanism

Mortgage Guy, May 13, 2010 IP
  6. Adraco

Adraco Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quality answer for you right there! It's a form of tracking, so you know which site or even page sent the sale/customer. It's important to know what works and how it works, so tracking your traffic and potential customers are extremely important.

Adraco, May 13, 2010 IP
  7. santoshverma

santoshverma Peon

Best Answers:
    SID is used for many things, Such as conversion. I am using it for conversion tracking,

santoshverma, May 31, 2010 IP
  8. shams714

shams714 Member

Best Answers:
    Guys, please help me: I only have one site listed. Is that mean I do not have to put the "SID" in the link? also, I just don't know what is my sid-how can I find my sid?

shams714, Dec 23, 2010 IP
  9. demonyun

demonyun Member

Best Answers:
    Many publishers offer the Shopper ID (SID) value as a benefit to their shoppers. This information must be included in the data files you transfer to CJ. [​IMG]

demonyun, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  10. comedicfilms

comedicfilms Peon

Best Answers:
    is the SID needed to use the ads on a website?

comedicfilms, May 6, 2012 IP