1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is Google Penguin?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by wanay11, May 5, 2012.

Google has launched new algorithm namely Penguin. Does somebody can explain what kind of 'algorithm' is it? or please share your blogging experience with it. What it's impact to your blog. Thanks

wanay11, May 5, 2012 IP
  2. jeffsmith

jeffsmith Member

Best Answers:
    jeffsmith, May 5, 2012 IP
  3. rohitseo33

rohitseo33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Reload Penguin launched on 24 April. This is a change in search results on Google to penalize sites that are spamming Google. If you are not familiar with spam, it is when people do things like "keyword stuffing" or "masking" that violate Google's guidelines

rohitseo33, May 5, 2012 IP
  4. mummymania

mummymania Peon

Best Answers:
    I just hate this part of Google so much. Can they just let us be? Sigh..

mummymania, May 5, 2012 IP
  5. LesFletcher

LesFletcher Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a new algorithm update primarily looking for low quality sites. Not a problem if you naturally build links, don't spam, scrape or spin content or try to fool Google. They are also getting wise to low quality back-links. In general none of my sites seem to be suffering yet but I'm a bit old school and give the robots and scrapers a wide berth.

If you are worried read the article; just copy and paste "Another Step To Reward Quality Sites by Matt Cutts" into Google search. I've just loined today so I can't post you the link.

These algo updates are a pain in the butt, however it's just the way it is. Best thing to do is white-hat and take time doing it right.

Last edited: May 5, 2012
    LesFletcher, May 5, 2012 IP
  6. Abbey14

Abbey14 Peon

Best Answers:
    According to Google Engineer Matt Cutts Penguin is an improve version of Panda Update to the Google algorithm which was released on the 24th of April 2012, with the mission to demolish those websites which are over-optimized with webspam techniques. To bring traffic to the website, a few sites use tactics that don’t give benefits to users, as they are taking a shortcut which makes their site rank higher then its expectation.Google Penguin update will not affect those blogs/websites which are using pure SEO as they heavily depends on their content and according to Google content is the king. This update will completely change the way of searching it will not only give better search results but also give a boost to high quality blogs/websites by ranking them high in SERP (Search Engine Results). It’s easy to discover, just search some of your popular keywords in Google and check whether your site is getting the same rank that it use to get previously if it is getting the same ranking then we you have survive the first wave. Now quickly look at your website statistics and check how much visitors is referred by Google. If you saw a major traffic drop down then compare your old stats with your current stats if so, then you are unlikely hit by a Penguin Update. But if you saw a rise in your traffic then Penguins is being cute to you so don’t worry. Saw no change? Then you are safe it has no impact on your website.

Comment Spamming – It’s time to say good bye to it:
    It’s been an old trend to build backlinks by commenting on high page rank websites but as the technology is getting advance we need to elaborate our self. It is the time that we stop comment spamming this not only irritates a blog owner but now it can also affect your site ranking. Most users only post a comment for the sake of getting a BackLink they use automation commenting which are over stuffed with keywords and links which makes it simple for Google to identify this, and penalize these sites which are using such spam techniques.

Overflowed Same Keywords – Killing SEO:
    Keywords are the most essential part of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) it allows users to get the relevant content with the help of search engines. But most of the users are using it as a source of getting traffic by using blackhat techniques. They use the same keywords in every line of there article which makes Google to suspect why they are repeating same keywords again and again hence they penalty them.

Duplicate Content - Another Wrong Habit:
    I can’t understand why people copy others hard work, we have witnessed it million times. Copying content is considered as a crime, if we copy others posts then we will be considered as a content thief. I don’t know why people are continuing the same trend of copying, its time that we come out from the shell and instead of copying we should concentrate on building our own unique content. After the Google Penguin update, it is almost impossible to attain high rank in SERP by copying contents. So its better to concentrate on building our own unique content If we still continue to repeat copyright violation then our blog may face detention in form of getting banned from SERP (Search Engine Results)

Abbey14, May 5, 2012 IP
    wanay11 likes this.
  7. xendurinan

xendurinan Banned

Best Answers:
    This Penguin update will definitely made a Huge Impact on Search Engine Optimization, Procedures and Techniques! Google is Going To make their Algorithms more and more Complex and effiecent, If You Want To Compete with Google You have To Came Up with new roadmap with ethical and organic procedures, Avoid Spammy Links, Blog Networks and other Black hat Remedies!

xendurinan, May 5, 2012 IP
  8. tridosil

tridosil Peon

Best Answers:
    Google penguin is like a filter, penguin is designed to identity what Google believe on 'low quality links' you can see that last time Google is penalize us on a over optimization.
    I call this update "Panda's best friend", but I don't see how a panda and a penguin can interact with each other, or even be close to each other unless we're seeing the Madagascar movie, or we're in a zoo. In fact, I don't think they'll be together in a zoo. Anyway, I don't see it as something that would completely kill SEO. It's just telling webmasters to focus on content creation for the people to read rather than content creation for the crawlers to see.
    Hope you got your answer.

tridosil, May 5, 2012 IP
  9. jis11

jis11 Peon

Best Answers:
    it's just a new Google panda, Google update or whatsoever they called it. i just hate this update. because even innocent sites are affected with their update without any reason.

jis11, May 5, 2012 IP
  10. wanay11

wanay11 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all, it seems Google has growth up to be human. More than a robot! The longer the smarter and a blogger is encouraged to write a good article as nature as possible. I also gain many related article about it and I concluded that the white hat SEO can be penalize as well if over optimization practiced.

wanay11, May 5, 2012 IP
  11. shuvo

shuvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    This algorithm has been created to kill web spam.But it seems Google did something wrong with this update since many people are getting some weird results for any search term they use in Google.

shuvo, May 5, 2012 IP
  12. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google Penguin is the search over optimization algorithm by Google. Google has updated recently.​

war_machine, May 6, 2012 IP
  13. green999

green999 Member

Best Answers:
    With this update Google emphasises even more on the user experience that certain website provides. If many of your visitors are returning again, your site is interesting and has quality content you have nothing to worry about. Google just wants to clear the garbage from the search results.

green999, May 6, 2012 IP
  14. jenniferjohn

jenniferjohn Peon

Best Answers:
    This Penguin update will definitely made a Huge Impact on Search Engine Optimization, Procedures and Techniques! Google is Going To make their Algorithms more and more Complex and effiecent, If You Want To Compete with Google You have To Came Up with new roadmap with ethical and organic procedures, Avoid Spammy Links, Blog Networks and other Black hat Remedies!

jenniferjohn, May 7, 2012 IP
  15. nancy12

nancy12 Peon

Best Answers:
    nancy12, May 7, 2012 IP
  16. roberthoddick43

roberthoddick43 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google keep updating our algorithm to take an action against low quality website and bring top those website that have good design, fresh content and trusted domain. This is the same update form google launched last year which named as Panda Update.

roberthoddick43, May 7, 2012 IP
  17. rajeevranjan

rajeevranjan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Google Update on 24th April called Penguin Update

Here are some tips to get out from this......

Avoid hidden text or hidden links.
    Don’t use cloaking or sneaky redirects.
    Don’t send automated queries to Google.
    Don’t load pages with irrelevant keywords.
    Don’t create multiple pages, subdomains, or domains with substantially duplicate content.
    Don’t create pages with malicious behavior, such as phishing or installing viruses, Trojans, or other badware.
    Avoid “doorway” pages created just for search engines or other “cookie cutter” approaches such as affiliate programs with little or no original content.

Thanks,

rajeevranjan, May 7, 2012 IP
  18. maria.lisa222

maria.lisa222 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google update its algorithms after some period that it wants to reward high quality sites and discourage black hat techniques like web spamming.

maria.lisa222, May 7, 2012 IP
  19. ketset

ketset Peon

Best Answers:
    To be blunt - Google Penguin is the end of Spam Links, bad content and hard working IMers who have spent a fortune on marketing but we shouldn't be glum as Google knows best :)

ketset, May 7, 2012 IP
  20. stuxb

stuxb Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the latest algo update named "Penguin" by Google. I can see some the site having crappy links gone down. I think this is the time to say good bye Blackhat technique. Some times later google started hating paid links and giving priority to quality content.

stuxb, May 7, 2012 IP