1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

More than Social Media and SEO routes

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Surminga, May 5, 2012.

I've been running my site for around, 6 months fully and it has around 95 articles within it - my question to you guys is what more can I do than SEO, Social Media and social bookmarking. I am getting around 30-40 visitors a day now but I need to improve this.

Might I add that I am a student with very little budget so paying for ads (ppc) is pretty much out of the question.

Do you guys use any free multiple submission sites or any other free tools which pulls in traffic or techniques?

Surminga, May 5, 2012 IP
  2. Yehyapal

Yehyapal Peon

Best Answers:
    You started with the basic. Good in the short-run but better in the long-run.
    Good job.

You may want to submit 1/3 of your articles to article-publishing websites. Also, submit 1/3 of each article, with a link to your website for the rest.

Post on relevant forums, blogs, facebook pages etc. with a link to your website. But don't spam.

If you want to advertise, you can make a deal with a competitor with about the same visitors as you. You put up their ad, and they put yours up.

Sounds good?

Yehyapal, May 5, 2012 IP
  3. Surminga

Surminga Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, thanks

I feel that while I have no money to have some sort of a budget for advertising I can spend my time undergoing the arduous tasks of optimising and submitting myself etc hoping that in the long run this method benefits my sites

Surminga, May 5, 2012 IP
  4. Yehyapal

Yehyapal Peon

Best Answers:
    True.

There are two types of webmasters, actually one of them is just a business owner.

Real Webmaster : does everything by hard work. May even include coding his website after designing, working for a domain and hosting. Very little budget.

Businessman : Very high budget, buys everything.

You can build a budget from scratch, provide hosting for your TLD domain and some extra pocket money. But it is going to cost time.

Yehyapal, May 5, 2012 IP
  5. PCOnline

PCOnline Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm.. I heard some people have had success with Pinterest, that might be something you would like to look into? Haven't used it personally, but it seems to be "in" at the moment... Just my 5 cents

PCOnline, May 5, 2012 IP
  6. jssalinger

jssalinger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm still a huge fan of article marketing. Done right and consistently, you can build a huge following and make a ton of money in the process.

jssalinger, May 5, 2012 IP
  7. jis11

jis11 Peon

Best Answers:
    you're really missing it my friend. The way i see it is that even if you don't optimize your site and make at least 90 posts you should be getting more than that kind of traffic you mentioned.

but let's consider some things here:

did you target keywords in your posts or did you just write articles about any topic? every web page or post must target a particular keyword. you should know this

If you have target keyword for each of those posts, you should find out how competitive that keyword is, the more competitive the less traffic you get

you should know that you must optimize all your posts and not only home page.

my advise is you should make little posts like 10 posts and optimize each of those posts

you should also apply onpage SEO factors on your pages.

jis11, May 5, 2012 IP
  8. MelanieT

MelanieT Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can try paid traffic and see if that works for you.

MelanieT, Jun 23, 2012 IP
  9. MrSuez

MrSuez Peon

Best Answers:
    High PR links are pretty good..

MrSuez, Jun 23, 2012 IP
  10. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats a good piece of advice. Thanks for this share.

war_machine, Jun 23, 2012 IP