1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pictures Next to an Adsense Block

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by srucnoc, Nov 16, 2006.

Is it OK to put pictures next to an adsense block? I've seen lots of people do it and saw another thread where people came out on both sides but I've not seen anything difinitive (like a link to tos). I guess that means it's OK? After all, they don't say what you can do... only what you can't.

srucnoc, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  2. ichigo

ichigo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yup as long as you place a line to divide the pic and the ads. search adsense beautifier

ichigo, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  3. Design1

Design1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for pointing that out. I had heard someone had pictures next to their ads and were contacted by Google about it. I think it is a great idea to make money, however sometimes it can be confusing when viewing a site. I've clicked on Google ads by mistake on a couple sites and ended up far away from the original site. Be sure you direct your visitors where you want them to go!

Best of luck with your site!
    :)

Design1, Nov 16, 2006 IP
    srucnoc likes this.
  4. srucnoc

srucnoc Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I wouldn't want to trick people but I do want them to click on the ads. Oh what a fine line it is...

srucnoc, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  5. nikki_03

nikki_03 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was sent an email about the images that are beside my ads that are too relevant to their ads, which they say disguises it. So if let's say you have a site about Xbox, you place little images of Xbox's WITH dividents or borders around it, close to their ads, they consider that as against TOS. So becareful as to what type of images you place beside them as well.

nikki_03, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  6. srucnoc

srucnoc Peon

Best Answers:
    That's weird that the ads have to be off topic.

srucnoc, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  7. e-entrepreuner

e-entrepreuner Peon

Best Answers:
    the pictures cant be related to the ad. Guess what, with the new referral ads, you can endorce the product and then tell people to click on it.

e-entrepreuner, Aug 27, 2007 IP